WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Guest HighPeakJulie

Hi,

We are just about to apply for state sponsorship as an accountant. We have just been rejected from Victoria but fortunately WA has opened applications from accountants (as it wasn't on the list earlier in the year).

Has anyone managed to get sponsorship from WA after being rejected from another state?

I am also hoping to get the application in very quickly as I have noticed some approvals in a few days, it would be great if we could apply for the 176 before 1st July.

On the application form it asks if we have applied or have pending sponsorship from another state - do we say no to this as we can't proceed if we say yes.

Will we need to do a committment statement?

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NeilEB
Hi,

We are just about to apply for state sponsorship as an accountant. We have just been rejected from Victoria but fortunately WA has opened applications from accountants (as it wasn't on the list earlier in the year).

Has anyone managed to get sponsorship from WA after being rejected from another state?

I am also hoping to get the application in very quickly as I have noticed some approvals in a few days, it would be great if we could apply for the 176 before 1st July.

On the application form it asks if we have applied or have pending sponsorship from another state - do we say no to this as we can't proceed if we say yes.

Thanks

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I don't THINK that WA are particularly fussy if you have applied for another state previously.

I'm not sure if you'll manage to get the application in before the 1st July - not sure about accountancy, but when I did my skills assessment, I had to physically send them the documentation - that will take a few days on it's own.

Why can't you proceed if you say 'yes'? Does the form not let you, or are you worried that you'll be rejected. My understanding is that it's always best to be honest the whole way through the process.

By the way, have you done your IELTS test yet? WA need you to get 7's in all areas as an accountant falls under the "professional" section. If you haven't done this yet, then you can forget the 1st July date.

Guest mdeejacks
Hi,

Thanks

hello julie,

I personally wouldn't lie on the application as this will definitley screw you if they find out.

there may be many reasons why vic turned you down. for example they may have filled their quota on accountants.

honesty is the best policy for me. have you spoken to an agent at all to see what they think as the consultation would surely be free.

I just got in before 1sy july but i'm a trade so they are very quick to rush us through and that was to WA

i will need to stay in WA for 2 years and i don't think that will cause me too much heartache although i wanted sydney as i have friends there. WA looks great and i will also need to do some questionairres on arival, after 6 months. 1 year and afetr 2 years.

good luck as it is getting really tight now.

also the main change i believe will be thta you will have to do ielts i think.

Guest HighPeakJulie
I don't know the answers to your questions, but I don't THINK that WA are particularly fussy if you have applied for another state previously.

I'm not sure if you'll manage to get the application in before the 1st July - not sure about accountancy, but when I did my skills assessment, I had to physically send them the documentation - that will take a few days on it's own.

Why can't you proceed if you say 'yes'? Does the form not let you, or are you worried that you'll be rejected. My understanding is that it's always best to be honest the whole way through the process.

By the way, have you done your IELTS test yet? WA need you to get 7's in all areas as an accountant falls under the "professional" section. If you haven't done this yet, then you can forget the 1st July date.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The system won't allow you to proceed any further if you put yes to the question applied for another state.

Fortunately we (my husband) have the documents for a completed skills assessment and IELTS certificate average 8's.

Guest LB2011
Hi all,

We've had a mad busy weekend but wanted to let everyone know,

WE HAVE OUR VISA :biggrin::wink::biglaugh:

can't believe it really

Good luck to you all

and thanks POMS IN OZ and everyone on here for your help

see you on the down under

NIC

Congratulations Nic.:smile:

Guest TipsyKoala
Hi,

Thanks

Hi Julie,

We applied to SA then changed our minds and applied to WA when my husband's job became available.

Our agent advised my husband that WA might not consider us as we'd applied to SA first (so we withdrew our application).

If I were you I'd try to contact an agent for advice as I remember the WA sponsorship comes back with a 'NO' immediatley if you say you've applied elsewhere.

Anyway, I guess they didn't mind as we got our visa a few weeks ago!

Good luck and I'm sure if you rush you can get your application in before July 1st!

Cheryl:cute:

Hi Julie,

I think when it ask you if you applied for another state, I think it means if the application to that state is pending. I am not sure on this and it may be worth just contacting WA yourself tonight over the telephone. Also my agency heard from WA on 1st June that they required all signed agreements back by 21st June so it may not be possible anymore to get it done before 1st July. It would be worth staying up and calling them tonight to find out on both these bits. You may be ok with new points system, but you may need an 8 across the board for ielts, I am not sure as we are going under a trade.

Good luck.

Does the question ask have you applied or have you previously applied? They will not process an application where the person is awaiting a decision from another state. I would put no complete the form and then phone them and tell them. There are loads of people who have been refused and moved state all this is for is to avoid wasting time on applications as you may choose another state in lieu then they have wasted their time.

Guest HighPeakJulie

Thank you to everyone who has offered advice.

We applied for State sponsorship as an accountant last night and 3 hours after receipt received our approval.

We can't believe it and can't wait to get to Perth.

I hope that this gives hope to others who haven't applied for SS that its not too late. I did notice on this forum that the approvals were getting faster, but I wasn't sure if this was just for trade occupations.

Thanks everyone.

Guest katie0499

Quick question guys, did you complete form 1221 even if its not requested by your case officer? is it a mandatory form?

Guest NeilEB

The 1221 wasn't requested by my CO, but I had done it anyway - was it on the document checklist?

In turth, the 1221 is easy enough just to do and not worry about too much

Guest mdeejacks
Thank you to everyone who has offered advice.

We applied for State sponsorship as an accountant last night and 3 hours after receipt received our approval.

We can't believe it and can't wait to get to Perth.

I hope that this gives hope to others who haven't applied for SS that its not too late. I did notice on this forum that the approvals were getting faster, but I wasn't sure if this was just for trade occupations.

Thanks everyone.

well done, that has to be the quickest in history

nice one

jack

Guest Tony4052
Quick question guys, did you complete form 1221 even if its not requested by your case officer? is it a mandatory form?

The same answer as Neil, we completed 1221 not sure if it was needed though.

Checked my online status everything now met except the medicals!!! Well happy today even though I feel like crap lol

ar man, we are well jealous! Ours hasnt changed yet :( meds were done yesterday, my sons was sent straight away and has already changed to finalised. ours should be sent on monday when bloods are back!

we did both 80 and 1221 and uploaded before we got a case officer, on the checklist 80 is mentioned and marked as met, so i presume we were not asked for the 1221 but we would of been asked for the 80.

We filled out both too and uploaded them before we got a co. Just to be extra prepared. on our 'document checklist' it does not list them on there so prob wasnt even required.

Guest StuartAnja

Evening everyone.

Just a quick one about medicals. When I booked she asked me where they should be sent but didnt ask if we wanted mail or online. I am assuming that online would be quicker so is that something we need to ask for or would it automatically be sent online?

Does anyone know?

Many thanks

Guest HighPeakJulie

Hi,

We have just lodged our application for a 176 Visa - so now have the fun job of uploading all the documents.

Do we have 28 days to do this?

Do we need to get someone to certify the documents if we are scanning and uploading?

Thanks

Julie

Hi,

We have just lodged our application for a 176 Visa - so now have the fun job of uploading all the documents.

Do we have 28 days to do this?

Do we need to get someone to certify the documents if we are scanning and uploading?

Thanks

Julie

Hi Julie,

Congrats on lodging, come over and join the June gang and I'll add you to the list http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/116049-176-lodged-june-2011-gang.html

28 days is right but you should get a CO before then and they will clarify any outstanding docs and you'll have longer from then to finish the job !

As long as you are scanning the original doc then it doesn't need certifying.

Enjoy the task ! :wink::laugh:

Justin x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NeilEB

Ok, so I go AWOL for a couple of weeks and this thread dies?

What's going on - has everyone on here got visa's already?

Guest tarchik
Ok, so I go AWOL for a couple of weeks and this thread dies?

What's going on - has everyone on here got visa's already?

You were the soul of the thread. There are some of us still waiting for the visa. The waiting is a killer!

Archived