WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Guest LB2011

No Visa here yet :sad:. Police checks done and recieved and medicals on tuesday at maidenhead. looks like it will be going snail mail too as we are not on there system for ehealth.

Laura

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StuartAnja

I did wonder the same...

We just had our medicals tuesday so we are just waiting now!

AH Neil, so nice to hear from you :)) Since we have had our Co and booked our meds for August, we hardly on this site, just chilling, and off on our hols today :jiggy: so going to chill even more and then come back and do all the things on our to-do-list - does anyone else have one of those???

that's a nice short one, I have still to type up form '80' tut tut!!, as we are in no rush, taking my time, but will do as soon as I can. still doing some things to the house before we sell, so hoping to get that done during the summer hols too :) and the list goes on and on and on, but I am sure I will get there :yes:

Guest bowow2011
I'm still here and the waiting is starting to kill me. Cant be much longer, I keep saying to myself.

Hi Shirley, Same here medical's 15th June finalised 28th June ....... no visa yet :huh:

Guest perth42

Hi guys

Long time no catch up as been massively proactive and whoop whoo it's paid off!

After getting the visa, the house went on the Market and we had no one for all of 7wks and I thought all was doomed!! In the meantime, I saw a job, applied, got selected for interview (via skype - technology eh!) got a viewer for the house who put in an offer the next morning... Then the following week I had the interview, 40mins later sent an email offering me the job!! Booked the shippers for re-quote and actual shipping days! Handed in my notice (and wrote oh's in preparation!)... Went to solicitors to produce docs... In the early hours this morning booked flights and agreed a start date for my new job. Surveyor came first thing this morning and it's all rockin' n rollin' now... So as you can imagine it's all happening at 100mph!!! So much to do and so little time!!

So that's an update from us! Hope everyone else is staying positive and planning your futures :wink:

Hi guys

After getting the visa, the house went on the Market and we had no one for all of 7wks and I thought all was doomed!! In the meantime, I saw a job, applied, got selected for interview (via skype - technology eh!) got a viewer for the house who put in an offer the next morning... Then the following week I had the interview, 40mins later sent an email offering me the job!! Booked the shippers for re-quote and actual shipping days! Handed in my notice (and wrote oh's in preparation!)... Went to solicitors to produce docs... In the early hours this morning booked flights and agreed a start date for my new job. Surveyor came first thing this morning and it's all rockin' n rollin' now... So as you can imagine it's all happening at 100mph!!! So much to do and so little time!!

So that's an update from us! Hope everyone else is staying positive and planning your futures :wink:

Things are really moving fast for you now, good luck. Cant believe I'm still waiting for visa as we applied at the same time, your decision to front load was the right one!

Strewth Perth, all good things coming together at once !:biggrin:

Welcome back Neil !:wink:

We are going to book our meds for mid August and send PCCs off 1st August, using our 70 days to the limit to push back our validation date, but everything else done and "Met".

I would like to know what happened to all the jobs that were around back in April/May ? :rolleyes:

Guest perth42
Things are really moving fast for you now, good luck. Cant believe I'm still waiting for visa as we applied at the same time, your decision to front load was the right one!

Yes front load all the way! We had to put it in writing that we were going against our agents advice.... as they kept saying 12-18 months.... I wasn't waiting another year! Anyway, good luck with your outcome I hope you're not waiting too much longer. :cute:

Guest perth42
Strewth Perth, all good things coming together at once !:biggrin:

Welcome back Neil !:wink:

We are going to book our meds for mid August and send PCCs off 1st August, using our 70 days to the limit to push back our validation date, but everything else done and "Met".

I would like to know what happened to all the jobs that were around back in April/May ? :rolleyes:

Good Luck with everything - before you know it you'll be flapping good style like I am! :jiggy:

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hey Peeps

Hope you are all keeping well. Wishing those with SS, COs and Visas massive congratulations if I have missed it. Not been on for a while but house is now on market so first step taken on our move over.

Wow Perth things moving fast for you. Bet you cant wait to get to the other side sit back and relax with a large cold one. I know I cant.

Hopefully now that our family visitors have been and gone and work is settling down I can spend a bit more time reading PIO and PerthPoms and keep up with everyones progress.

Keep smiling

Donna xx

Guest travelsparks
Hi guys

well done you, just put our house on the market quite dead at the moment

Guest bowow2011

Morning everybody just thought id let you know our visa WAS GRANTED this morning aaaarrrgggghhhh it's a crazy feeling I've cried and laughed lol, good luck to everybody waiting. Just wanted to say thankyou to everybody on here your support has been amazing and I've made some lovely friends xxxxx

Guest mandi1971
Morning everybody just thought id let you know our visa WAS GRANTED this morning aaaarrrgggghhhh it's a crazy feeling I've cried and laughed lol, good luck to everybody waiting. Just wanted to say thankyou to everybody on here your support has been amazing and I've made some lovely friends xxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

It must be an amazing feeling.congrats to everyone who recently got there CO or visa,it's hard to keep up with all the activity on here at the minute lol.

There'll be some partying this week I bet :biggrin:

Mandi xx

Congratulations, I knew it would be soon. Amazing feeling isn't it.

Guest lizziebumble

:laugh:got our medicals tomoz and just got our police checks back this morning we got our co last week hope we get our visa's soon fingers crossed cant wait to go now sooo excited perth here we come:biggrin:

Guest NeilEB

So, for those still wondering....

I'm still searching for a job, and still trying (and failing) to sell the house.

I've been advised to redo my cv for the aussie market, which I did yesterday - still waiting for feedback if it's more suitable now.

Sigh, the visa was the easy bit....

Guest katie0499
So, for those still wondering....

I'm still searching for a job, and still trying (and failing) to sell the house.

I've been advised to redo my cv for the aussie market, which I did yesterday - still waiting for feedback if it's more suitable now.

Sigh, the visa was the easy bit....

are you already in australia? I'll be moving down under next month (3rd week of August)

I'll be sending our my CVs next week. Who do you consult about your CV?

Guest LB2011

After an up and down few weeks we got word at 2am this morning that WE GOT OUR VISA :jiggy:.

We loaded my missing police check on last night and emailed agent to ask her to contact the co just to let him know all was now done.

I am happy but also the nerves have already started and woke hubbie up to tell him the news follwed by Are we doing the right thing lol.

Thank you to all for your help. The only thing I can say is I wished I had found this site sooner.

Laura

After an up and down few weeks we got word at 2am this morning that WE GOT OUR VISA :jiggy:.

We loaded my missing police check on last night and emailed agent to ask her to contact the co just to let him know all was now done.

I am happy but also the nerves have already started and woke hubbie up to tell him the news follwed by Are we doing the right thing lol.

Thank you to all for your help. The only thing I can say is I wished I had found this site sooner.

Laura

CONGRATULATIONS LAURA

SO HAPPY FOR YOU :smile:

Now get that signature updated!!!

:hug:

Archived