WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hahaha... you sound so upbeat ..... my enthusiasm is weaning daily... I'm really worn out by it all!.... god knows what I'm going to do with my time when all this is over.... I've lived and breathed this visa process for nearly 3 years... its been a massive rollercoaster.... it didn't help being taken off the SOL list for nearly a year and just having to sit and wait for us to be put back on!

I would defo get the letter from the GP and forward it on asap. Any gaps in the application will only hold things up.... in the grand scheme of things, just pay the few quid and get it posted. They seem to be so picking over the slightest thing... its better to send over too much information than not enough!... I've been on this website for 3 years nearly, so have picked up loads of information... perhaps I ought to work in immigration when I get over there!!!!!:biggrin: hahaha

I've just sat and done the inventory for Pickfords.... not sure if its right... i'll ring them 2moro, so thats another thing on my list!!! I've had 4 quotes... (3 bed semi) and they came in around £3800 - £4200... we managed to get Pickfords down to £4050 and decided to use them as they were so helpful.

Where are you heading, and when are you thinking of moving over? My sister lives south of Perth, we have been 3 times now and love it... so are confident we are making the right move. I've got a 13 yr old daughter and a 10 year old son. My daughter is finding it hard... as she naturally doesnt want to leave her friends, and also my mother in law is a wreck... even thou we only see her about once a month!!!!???

I just want to go now.... my house is looking grim, as we have sold some furniture, including the wardrobes... so it looks a mess everywhere!!! and I cant find anything!!!!

I work full time as a teacher and OFSTED are due in this month, so we are just waiting for more stress... hopefully they wont come til after half term when I've gone !!!!! opps.. did I say that out loud!

Anyway... its good to talk... keep in touch... and get on to your GP for that letter!

Michelle

Hi Michelle, we were originally thinking of Queensland but hubby not on list and feel that WA is defo the right move for us also. already told the clinic to send the stuff yesterday, so I will contact the GP and will just have to forward it as it left me quite distressed yesterday thinking all of that was actually happening and it wasn't so pretty annoyed with the whole thing tbh :(( a job in immi would be great I think :wink:

I have heard that Pickfords are good, there are a couple of good threads on here about removals so I will look at them, as not be a that stage for a long time!! My two children are similar ages to yours, boy of 14 and girl just turned 12 - they grow up soooo fast :cry:

I think it is the best move for us all, if you don't give it a go then you will regret it, we have never even been to OZ let alone Perth :embarrassed::embarrassed: but heh we are just going for it :yes:

Hopefully once your on the plane the stress will lift, as it sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment,

It will be great to keep in touch you will be able to give me advice about the schools etc., as my two are at a really great school here and hope they do well over there!!!

Take care and speak to you soon

Well knew it was probably going to happen but still does not make me feel any better, my meds must have got sent yesterday like I asked and now they are referred :cry::sad::cry::sad: needless to say I am gutted and not sure how long it will take. felt the surgery were taking so long dealing with a letter request via me from the clinic so told them just to send them, not totally sure if it would have helped anyway, so may ask him just to do a letter to see if it will help, but not feeling very positive :frown:

• 3 weeks later...

hi , i joined in march not been on here since joining just thought i would let you all know where we are at , positive skills assesment engineers au march 2011 , ielts june 25th 2011 at bangor uni L8.5 W8.5 R8 S8.5 OVERALL 8.5 WA SS july 2011 approved the day after lodging 176ss visa lodged 26th sept 2011 form 1100 sent 27th sept 2011 waiting for case officer

hi bensdad, conrats on ya visa, i see that your from rhyl we used to have a caravan on marine park in rhyl and me mums been on happy days in towyn for 21 years we sold our van last year ground rent too expensive if you dont rent em out and its not worth it if you dont get the use out of em , me hubby works in queensferry st davids park , we are heading for perth been looking at baldivis area , where are you heading in perth xx

Flights booked 28 th November rental sorted for first month, Perth here we come!

Hya Chris, Oh how exciting, can't believe you are all booked up :swoon: did you have to sell up or are you renting out??? so who are you flying with? Can't understand why you don't want to spend Crimbo here in the lovely UK!!!!! just take a nice winter calendar with you, hope we get a nice snowy winter but not too bad that we can't drive in it, but just love looking at the snow and of course playing and sledging in it :laugh:

Hya Chris, Oh how exciting, can't believe you are all booked up :swoon: did you have to sell up or are you renting out??? so who are you flying with? Can't understand why you don't want to spend Crimbo here in the lovely UK!!!!! just take a nice winter calendar with you, hope we get a nice snowy winter but not too bad that we can't drive in it, but just love looking at the snow and of course playing and sledging in it :laugh:

Hi

we have decided to rent it out cannot be bothered with waiting to sell to be honest, flying with Singapore on 28th Nov got the additional baggage allowance as well, it has always been my dream to have xmas in oz so this year hopefully it will be reality.

How you getting on with your visa, you sent that docs letter off yet?

laters

chris :spinny:

Hi

we have decided to rent it out cannot be bothered with waiting to sell to be honest, flying with Singapore on 28th Nov got the additional baggage allowance as well, it has always been my dream to have xmas in oz so this year hopefully it will be reality.

How you getting on with your visa, you sent that docs letter off yet?

laters

chris :spinny:

Hya, don't blame you tbh, and crimbo on the beach sounds bliss - hopefully that will be us next year!!!!

Still waiting Chris, left it with the GP, just recently paid for it as again complete lack of communication with clinic and GP total mix up!!!! clinic said they would be in touch when they receive it :skeptical: Think I will start placing bets :laugh:

Hya, don't blame you tbh, and crimbo on the beach sounds bliss - hopefully that will be us next year!!!!

Still waiting Chris, left it with the GP, just recently paid for it as again complete lack of communication with clinic and GP total mix up!!!! clinic said they would be in touch when they receive it :skeptical: Think I will start placing bets :laugh:

i think you are the last remaining person in this group !!!!!:chatterbox:

i think you are the last remaining person in this group !!!!!:chatterbox:

Maybe the 175 May group but not the WA SS group :laugh: and can't do anything about it!!

hi bensdad , i think you were asking me what my hubby did i take it that was you were asking he ic a chartered mechanical engineer registered with engineering council uk and a member of the imeche hes not just experienced in one field he has multiple fields he is experienced in very lucky really because a lot of engineers stick to one field im very proud of my hubby it was a long haul when we got married we had 3 young kids he was working full time as well as getting qualified studying till 4am in the morning lol but its paid off we decided to emmigrate because we feel we deserve a better lifestyle not saying its going to be easy just thinking its going to be worth it , just hope our luke gets through meds hes been a diabetic since he was 6 but reading on the forums theres no reason he shouldnt. hope you keep in touch hun also when ya move xxx

hi bensdad , i think you were asking me what my hubby did i take it that was you were asking he ic a chartered mechanical engineer registered with engineering council uk and a member of the imeche hes not just experienced in one field he has multiple fields he is experienced in very lucky really because a lot of engineers stick to one field im very proud of my hubby it was a long haul when we got married we had 3 young kids he was working full time as well as getting qualified studying till 4am in the morning lol but its paid off we decided to emmigrate because we feel we deserve a better lifestyle not saying its going to be easy just thinking its going to be worth it , just hope our luke gets through meds hes been a diabetic since he was 6 but reading on the forums theres no reason he shouldnt. hope you keep in touch hun also when ya move xxx

hi yep will do, add me as a friend on here as well, i will keep an eye out for jobs as well when were over there if its wa your heading, i was the same working and studying at the same time not easy thats for sure.

hi pollo, of course there is room more the merrier i say theres a thread aswell with october applicants on if you want to post on there also x

Guest garynhelen
whoop whoop , shouldnt take long now have they asked for med and pcc to be done ,congrats garynhelen xx

Yes, meds and police checks requested. Does anyone know if there is much price difference between Manchester & Birmingham? Gonna cost a bit for the 5 of us!

Archived