WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

After an up and down few weeks we got word at 2am this morning that WE GOT OUR VISA :jiggy:.

We loaded my missing police check on last night and emailed agent to ask her to contact the co just to let him know all was now done.

I am happy but also the nerves have already started and woke hubbie up to tell him the news follwed by Are we doing the right thing lol.

Thank you to all for your help. The only thing I can say is I wished I had found this site sooner.

Laura

Congratulations I think we all have a moment of 'what have we done' at some point, but if you dont try you'll never know.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LB2011

Thank Neil, yes now the real work definetly begins. How are things with you?.

Helena thanks for keeping me sane over the last few months, long may it continue lol. We are one step closer to meeting up on the other side.:hug:.

Guest LB2011
Congratulations I think we all have a moment of 'what have we done' at some point, but if you dont try you'll never know.

You are very right. I think we ned to go as we will never know if we dont try.

Helena thanks for keeping me sane over the last few months, long may it continue lol. We are one step closer to meeting up on the other side.:hug:.

:hug: Your welcome, and ditto :)) yep defo, canot wait :)

Guest NeilEB
Thank Neil, yes now the real work definetly begins. How are things with you?.

You know you're in trouble if Tink is the one keeping you sane.....

:jiggy:

Sorry to butt in on this cosy convo ...

Um, Neil, please can I ask a quessie or two about your timeline?

I'm also ACS assessed (261111 Bus Analyst), IELTS-9 and have applied to WA for SS. They sent me an email saying I was being assessed next day (3 days ago), but I'm on a tight deadline cos of my age, how long did it take them to send you a 'being processed' email?

Just wondering if I should be trying to stoke the fires/submitting elsewhere cos I have just over 3 weeks before the Oz dream goes up in smoke ...

Cheers

P

You know you're in trouble if Tink is the one keeping you sane.....

:jiggy:

Thanks Neil :laugh:

:wacko: me on the other hand :wacko:

Guest NeilEB
Sorry to butt in on this cosy convo ...

Um, Neil, please can I ask a quessie or two about your timeline?

I'm also ACS assessed (261111 Bus Analyst), IELTS-9 and have applied to WA for SS. They sent me an email saying I was being assessed next day (3 days ago), but I'm on a tight deadline cos of my age, how long did it take them to send you a 'being processed' email?

Just wondering if I should be trying to stoke the fires/submitting elsewhere cos I have just over 3 weeks before the Oz dream goes up in smoke ...

Cheers

P

When did you lodge your application to WA? They were quoting 4 weeks to me.

I applied on the 19th March, got th "being assessed" mail on the 4th April. I emailed them a few times and it was granted on the 19th April.

If you're on a tight deadline, personally I would be phoning them and explaining the situation (not that I should be helping you, you might nick a job from me!!!)

As for applying elsewhere I know that some states will automatically reject you if you've applied elsewhere - not sure the combos though.

When did you lodge your application to WA? They were quoting 4 weeks to me.

I applied on the 19th March, got th "being assessed" mail on the 4th April. I emailed them a few times and it was granted on the 19th April.

If you're on a tight deadline, personally I would be phoning them and explaining the situation (not that I should be helping you, you might nick a job from me!!!)

As for applying elsewhere I know that some states will automatically reject you if you've applied elsewhere - not sure the combos though.

Thanks for the info, looks like they've given it a bit of priority then. I applied Monday night (25/7) and woke up to the email on Wednesday (27/7) morning. Admittedly I did find a 'contact us' page after I submitted and asked if they would be so kind as to progress it based on the time constraint issue. I may just give them a bell as well, to be sure.

I thought of applying to NT as well, not too fussed where I get to in Oz, just as long as it's warmer than this climate. I'll have a look around to see if I can find anything about double applications, as you say probably best to get on the phone to them all.

I'm sure there are a couple of jobs floating around those parts :biggrin: I'll specifically ask in interview if NeilEB applied and turn it down if ya did :twitcy:

Cheers

P

Guest NeilEB

I thought of applying to NT as well, not too fussed where I get to in Oz, just as long as it's warmer than this climate. I'll have a look around to see if I can find anything about double applications, as you say probably best to get on the phone to them all.

Cheers

P

Why NT? Is 261111 in their State Migration Plan these days? I can't see them being quicker then WA now that they have your application. Seriously, MOnday morning, get up early and give WA a bell.

Guest StuartAnja

Congratulations to everyone with visas or otherwise progress in their application. We had our medicals on the 5/7 and we are checking every day to see if anything has changed.

Anyway, we have done it all and now its just a matter of waiting!

Good luck to everyone x

Congratulations to everyone with visas or otherwise progress in their application. We had our medicals on the 5/7 and we are checking every day to see if anything has changed.

Anyway, we have done it all and now its just a matter of waiting!

Good luck to everyone x

Hi same here we had meds done 8/7 they appear to be finalised on DIAC 3/8 so fingers and toes crossed!

Hi guys... sorry to jump on your threads.... We had our visa granted on the 2nd August after nearly 2 yrs of trying.... anyway... had an offer on the house yesterday... so we are hoping to go in October.... Mandurah area (south of Perth)... just thought I'd introduce myself really... as its all getting a bit stressful here... my list of jobs seems to be getting longer by the day!!!!

I'm Michelle and married to Jay and have 2 children, Megan (13) and Will (10). We live just outside of Derby. I'm a teacher and Jay does property maintenance for rentals. We have had trouble getting a visa because Oz do not not recognise my teaching qualifications..... even though I'm all fully qualified here!... anyway... eventually they have excepted me as a college teacher as the rules are a bit different.

We have been to WA 3 times now as my sister lives in Secret Harbour... so we are not going totally blind.... but it still feels like the unknown!!!!

Have any of you got quotes for removers?.... can you recommend anyone? My head is all over the place.... think I might open a bottle of wine!!!

Would be good to talk?

thanks

Michelle:wacko:

Guest WA Jezza
Hi guys... sorry to jump on your threads.... We had our visa granted on the 2nd August after nearly 2 yrs of trying.... anyway... had an offer on the house yesterday... so we are hoping to go in October.... Mandurah area (south of Perth)... just thought I'd introduce myself really... as its all getting a bit stressful here... my list of jobs seems to be getting longer by the day!!!!

I'm Michelle and married to Jay and have 2 children, Megan (13) and Will (10). We live just outside of Derby. I'm a teacher and Jay does property maintenance for rentals. We have had trouble getting a visa because Oz do not not recognise my teaching qualifications..... even though I'm all fully qualified here!... anyway... eventually they have excepted me as a college teacher as the rules are a bit different.

We have been to WA 3 times now as my sister lives in Secret Harbour... so we are not going totally blind.... but it still feels like the unknown!!!!

Have any of you got quotes for removers?.... can you recommend anyone? My head is all over the place.... think I might open a bottle of wine!!!

Would be good to talk?

thanks

Michelle:wacko:

Hi Michelle

Welcome to this thread, it served me well and kept me sane throughout my visa process,

Anyway, your just down the road from us and i too like your OH is in the property maintenance game, so lots in common. Drop me us a PM if you fancy a chat, we are looking at going over in the new year, Early January with luck.

Cheers

Jez

Hi Jez, Thanks for your post.... I feel so overwhelmed .... but our buyer came round again today... which was positive... as reassured me that everything is going through ok... also had an overseas removers here to quote..... and he knew my uncle!!!! hahaha... small world.... might get a few quid off!!!!... the guy said he would put the quote in the post.. we have a 3 bed semi... so fingers crossed its not too much!!!

So where are you heading and what visa did you get? Have you been to Oz before?, Family?

Michelle

Guest StuartAnja

Yipeeee!!!!!!!!! VISA GRANTED

It feels so unreal that we finally have our visa! Now we just need to get the house sold

Thanks for everyones help and advice in securing this visa xx

Congratulations... where are you heading!!??

We got our visa a few weeks ago.... so I know how you feel!... our house sale is going through.... I'm in the middle of getting removal quotes and have a list as long as my arm of things to do.... in other words... sorry to say... the stressful bit is yet to come!!! LOL.... enjoy !!

Michelle (Derby --> Perth)

Guest StuartAnja
Congratulations... where are you heading!!??

We got our visa a few weeks ago.... so I know how you feel!... our house sale is going through.... I'm in the middle of getting removal quotes and have a list as long as my arm of things to do.... in other words... sorry to say... the stressful bit is yet to come!!! LOL.... enjoy !!

Michelle (Derby --> Perth)

Thank you! We are on cloud 9 today!

We are heading to Perth as soon as our house sale goes through.

Good luck to you on your move as well x

• 4 weeks later...

Hello ALL

Not been on here for ages, so a huge congrats to all of those who have visa etc.,

I made a little error as I forgot to take a letter with me from the GP :goofy: mainly due to forgetting to fill out a form until the day of travelling down to Maidenhead so a little annoyed with myself for that!! anyway the rest of the family had their meds finalised a week after the meds and mine still states outstanding :eek: the clinic have been amazing and helping me sort out some things they still require. I hope if won't be too long now as :policeman: checks amazingly quick, I suppose we all have to experience some kind of upset during this process and it looks like the meds are mine :embarrassed:

All the best to everyone :)

Guest StuartAnja

Good luck with everything. Our visa app all of a sudden starting moving really fast so hopefully you will have your visa soon as well xx

Hello ALL

Not been on here for ages, so a huge congrats to all of those who have visa etc.,

I made a little error as I forgot to take a letter with me from the GP :goofy: mainly due to forgetting to fill out a form until the day of travelling down to Maidenhead so a little annoyed with myself for that!! anyway the rest of the family had their meds finalised a week after the meds and mine still states outstanding :eek: the clinic have been amazing and helping me sort out some things they still require. I hope if won't be too long now as :policeman: checks amazingly quick, I suppose we all have to experience some kind of upset during this process and it looks like the meds are mine :embarrassed:

All the best to everyone :)

Looks like you are running the same time as us. Our meds all finalised just waiting :policeman: checks, posted last Tuesday to a mile down the road !!:wacko:

Justin:wink:

Looks like you are running the same time as us. Our meds all finalised just waiting :policeman: checks, posted last Tuesday to a mile down the road !!:wacko:

Justin:wink:

Hi Justin, Think you will be way ahead of me as I am not sure how long it will take to go from outstanding :confused:to received :rolleyes:to finalised :smile: :unsure: pretty nerve wrecking and exciting!!!

:laugh: like that about the mile away, I am sure it won't be long, maybe they will hand deliver them :wink: Good Luck, ours came back around the 2 week mark for the :policeman: PHEW!!!

Archived