Anyone got an iphone 4 in oz?

mr luvpants

It rather depends on where you will be living as to whether there is a reception problem or not. For the most part you would probably be OK with any of the major telcos - Telstra = best coverage if you are going outback but otherwise there is little to choose between them and Optus (and Virgin use the Optus towers) except they tend to be more expensive than the competition. I have an iphone 3gs with Virgin and it has been just fine except for the wilds of Gippsland where nothing is covered!

I don't know much about the other providers, but I have an iphone 4 and made the mistake of going with Vodafone. It's terrible - can't get any reception in the black hole of our apartment in Manly at all - and I've since heard that Vodafone don't have the great coverage here. The best reception I get is on the Manly ferry!

Im in the dandenong ranges in Victoria, and used to be with Three before they moved to Vodaphone and the the reception was always hit & miss. Now with Three using the Vodaphone network they are shocking.

There is a class action being brought against vodaphone at the moment and it even includes a vodaphone dealer that is going against them.

Telstra has sharpened its pencil and is not quite competetive with everybody else now, and coverage is by far the best.

Customer service on the other hand is shocking & they do often have a lot of complaints about invoicing I have read (not had that problem myself)

Dont know much about other providers. I have 3 iphones in the family & 1 for work as well. All on Telstra, all never a real problem with reception.

My wife has an iPhone 4. Telstra was very good....complete coverage here in Toowoomba and all the way into Brisbane with not a single dead spot. We changed to Optus and, though okay, coverage not quite as good as Telstra was so the OP's instincts are good.

Archived