• The Country (Australia)
    • The Country (UK)
    • Too expensive here
    • Wanted proper sausages

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest famousfive

I could waffle on all day about the reasons I am going and no doubt others could waffle on all day telling me life is good here and Ireland is a basket case at the minute so therefore we must be mad.I could justify it by saying I miss family and friends too but this would not cover it because we are not the homesick type.So instead of all that I am going to give my reason,very simply and to the point..........I prefer living in Ireland.No big hatred for aus or it's people,no big homesickness,no big shock at costs,nothing.Wejust prefer elsewhere so it is soon time to move on.

I didn't vote Chris because for me it is more than just one reason.

One of them is family, family is the most important thing and sadly just realizing that now after moving here.

Second reason is, I prefer the UK, warts and all, it is as simple.

Working in Sainsburys here in Australia ? I didn't know they were here ?

No that was my old life back in England ahaha :wink:

I keep out of the food shopping, though between you and me I prefer Coles over Woolworths/Sainsbury's/TESCO (anything in the UK). :tongue:

Guest sh7t man no way

a very good thread chriss--it will be interesting to see the response,its good imfomation that is required on pio by people living the experience in australia--i think family will be the main reason

Guest chris955

Thanks, no doubt some will see it as just being negative and trying to put people off. I think it will come down to family and the country itself just not suiting people.

a very good thread chriss--it will be interesting to see the response,its good imfomation that is required on pio by people living the experience in australia--i think family will be the main reason

Guest flakey

Going/Gone are such negative words and some people might object. How about substituting Going/Gone for "life transition" :cute:

Guest guest36762

morning Chris, I voted, though wanted multiple options (only allowed 1)....and I'm not going anywhere!

seriously though..(?)..on the much vexed sausage thing, have people tried chevapchichi? very spicy mediterranian skinless sausages, delicious and easy to find here

Because we have been undecided about what to do I wrote a list of pluses and minues for each country UK came out tops for us (even though a list doesn't account for how you feel within yourself). This country is just not for us and we miss our family so much (even husband has been low about whole experience and everyone knows him as a tough guy). We do have ozzie family in four states so it has been hard to tell them without saying anything against Oz. It is a beautiful country but living here is a whole different ball game for us. Can't wait to get back to village life.

Archived