Danger Eastern Australia Floods

Proview220

Guest The Pom Queen
There is always something making veg dearer, frost, mildew, floods, fire, hail stones, cyclones, drought, one of these happens most years.

QLD and Northern NSW do flood quite regularly when we have rain but obviously this is the big flood.

We are due a 100 year flood in Melbourne but has not happened yet.

NZ will send veg to us a lot comes from there and Tas anyway. We also grow a lot in Victoria, oh forgot the locusts are eating our crops.

Best thing get a vege patch, grown your own fruit and veg :laugh:

It gets me that there is a lot of fruit and veg grown up here but they send it to Brisbane then can't send it back to us because of the floods:goofy:

Guest The Pom Queen
There is always something making veg dearer, frost, mildew, floods, fire, hail stones, cyclones, drought, one of these happens most years.

:laugh:

I remember the bananas in 2006 (think it was) around $15 per kilo :elvis:

Guest siamsusie

CarBananaEs.jpg

It comes in advocado/lemon/lettuce flavour.... goodness I remember the $15 Nanas.....

Roasted Possum is pretty cheap in this establishment at the moment if it wasnt for the fact she is sporting twins I would be out with a s............

I remember the bananas in 2006 (think it was) around $15 per kilo :elvis:

Yep! that was because of floods around Carnarvon way I think. They sat in the supermarket going rotten as nobody was buying 'cos they were too expensive. Most people can live without bananas at that price for a few weeks.

Didn't make any sense at all.

Guest guest30038
Yep! that was because of floods around Carnarvon way I think. They sat in the supermarket going rotten as nobody was buying 'cos they were too expensive. Most people can live without bananas at that price for a few weeks.

Didn't make any sense at all.

Exactly the same with bruussel sprouts in Coles.........10.99 a kilo and they're minging 'cause nobody will buy them at that price, especially when you can buy 500gms of frozen for 3 bucks and no waste.

Guest chris955

I was amazed to hear that many people in these areas don't have or cant get insurance for flooding so they basically have to find the money for repairs. One restaurant was expecting the bill to be in excess of $100,000. The idea that these people just take it in their stride is just absurd.

I was amazed to hear that many people in these areas don't have or cant get insurance for flooding so they basically have to find the money for repairs. One restaurant was expecting the bill to be in excess of $100,000. The idea that these people just take it in their stride is just absurd.

Same applies in UK if you live on a flood plain (we narrowly missed that scenario in Reading).

Still feel very sorry for our flood victims though.

Guest guest36187

INala copped it, Darra copped it, Oxley copped it. Fortitude Valley copped it, Indooroopilly areas copped it.

1 monsoon a month predicted til end of wet season.

We should all have every sympathy for the flood victims and do what we can to help x

Archived