Wanted Down Under

Richste

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We nearly got on WDU once, but as soon as they saw a picture of the wife and kids, they decided against it, i did ask if i could replace them, with some tv freindly looking replacements, but they said no.

Do we have any PIO members on this series?

Cal x

Hi (my first post here - using OH's username!)

We filmed on this series of WDU and ours is on the 12th Jan, shown on the Gold Coast. We filmed in March and moved here in July to (flood stricken) Central Queensland. Both OH and I are dreading seeing ourselves on TV.

I think someone else on here said theirs is shown on the 7th.

Oh my I can't believe they're still making that show... it gets worse and worse every series. No offense to any families on here who've been on it, but it's great that you're there living the real thing, but my opinion of WDU is that it's absolutely NOT even a touch of a reflection on what actually living here is like!!! Sorry. Anyone can tell you that. :embarrassed:

Oh my I can't believe they're still making that show... it gets worse and worse every series. No offense to any families on here who've been on it, but it's great that you're there living the real thing, but my opinion of WDU is that it's absolutely NOT even a touch of a reflection on what actually living here is like!!! Sorry. Anyone can tell you that. :embarrassed:

You're totally right Luke! It was all filmed 'for the show' not to actually help us at all. The only good thing was the free flights for us :laugh:

We filmed on this series of WDU and ours is on the 12th Jan, shown on the Gold Coast. We filmed in March and moved here in July to (flood stricken) Central Queensland. Both OH and I are dreading seeing ourselves on TV.

Cool, will tune in! You're famous! :jiggy:

Have you ever been given the chance to take part in any of the series?

Have you ever been given the chance to take part in any of the series?

Nope. The first 2 series were good. We had our experiences of Aus by coming here to visit family and travel around, without the burden of a TV crew and having to put on a front and expose ourselves...

:eek:

Much more freedom!

Nope. The first 2 series were good. We had our experiences of Aus by coming here to visit family and travel around, without the burden of a TV crew and having to put on a front and expose ourselves...

Much more freedom!

Which is why we didn't just fly straight home after filming - we stayed on and visited another area and was great :cool:

Hi Luke, could please be more specific?

it is not always easy to understand what is fiction and what is not from here. :unsure:

Simone

Much more freedom!

Yeah I suppose the only good thing about it is the free flights, it's best to enjoy your self within your own family and company.

Hiya and lots of luck, its frustrating when you can;t see it and everyone at home is saying your on TV,,lol. We made the pilot for WDU back in 2006 and filmed an update last year,,we just end up laughing at ourselves and taking the michael out of each other when we watch them,lol.

They are good for the kids to look back on, my find it really strange seeing theirselves when they were so little on TV,lol.

Cal x

Much more freedom!

Luke , the camera's were not much of a burden, and we were here for 15 days with them,lol (we had longer as it was a pilot show), they had an aussie researcher so we got to see places we would never have found on our own on a reccie. The flim crew were fab and had a right laugh with us, its the experience mate, more for the kids as they were so young and i would advise any family to give it a go.

Cal x

Archived