Queensland SMP released

harmitraj

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rachbarlow
It is a screwing list, I have not seen any body happy with this list seems that this is the most shocking list amongst all states,

Despite my occupation is on the list I do not feel happy with the way QLD has left all his sponsored applicants,

I wish they had learned from ACT how to support their applicants

Even their SMP list is shorter than what they had announced as a temporary one

Regards

I agree it is disgusting but demonstates this system! :daydreaming:

We were at one time going to QLD, on the list off the list, then decided to swap back to WA. I think that it is very wrong to sponsor applicants move them to cat 2, scrap the system overnight, go to cat 4 or maybe 3 if you are lucky, and then not even be in the states migration plan??? Backwards?? Lets face it being stuck in cat 4 you are going nowhere until the whole system changes again or the lists change as there are always going to be applicants infront of you!

However nothing in this process surprises me anymore, and that is why I hope that this doesn't happen with WA! If it did we will forget this whole process and look elsewhere, but I don't know if I could be bothered with the stress again!

With the limited SMP list, there might be a small sliver of hope. Maybe, just maybe, they'll finish processing with the CATs 2 & 3 ASAP and will proceed to CAT 4 immediately (say all existing ss holders processed within the next 6 months). Wishful thinking but we all could dream - the very reason I set sight for OZ.

I'm a sucker for happy endings, hopefully Australia will stand for what is just and fair and do the right thing.

Wait awhile longer and let's see where all these lead to.

So i follow their rules.

Apply under their rules,

meet all their requirements.

I finially obtain their sponsership from completing forms, getting a statement of service from work for which i had to tell my boss i was leaving, pull out all my wages slips, prove my earning, prove my savings, have it all verified, do an english test.

Im then and moved to another Cat with a 2-3 year wait.

I`m then told they will be reallocating the Cats due to a new SMP.

I`m NOW tossed aside thanks to this new state migration plan. Spent years and alot of money on this!! Im totallty hacked off with it ALLLL! I have a good job from `x` amount of years at college / uni [architectural technician]... Ive never broke the law, never claimed a penny, in excellent health. So why cant they see my application through!!!!

Im really really lost.... Cat 4??? My agent said that woud be a lost cause and to wait a very very long time!!!

Really coould do with some advice!!! That SMP is very very short. Disappointed!!!!!!

Gutted. Gutted Gutted!!!!!

Agent Appt - JAN`08 / Vet Asses JUL`08 / 475 changed to 176 MAR`09 / SS App MAY`09 / IELTS JUN`09 / SS Grantd SEP`09 / 176 Visa App OCT`09 .....

With the limited SMP list, there might be a small sliver of hope. Maybe, just maybe, they'll finish processing with the CATs 2 & 3 ASAP and will proceed to CAT 4 immediately (say all existing ss holders processed within the next 6 months). Wishful thinking but we all could dream - the very reason I set sight for OZ.

I'm a sucker for happy endings, hopefully Australia will stand for what is just and fair and do the right thing.

Wait awhile longer and let's see where all these lead to.

Understood Cat 4 will ONLY get processed when there are NO Cat1,2,3`s to attend to, and then it will be the CAT 4s before me. If any new Cat 1,2,3 apply, then any CAT 4 file will be laid to rest until the new CAT1,2,3 file has been attended to. I like your positive thinking. It just one blow after another after another. 3years and back at square one!

My occupation is on the list and I obtained my SS with QLD 18 August 2010.

Now IELTS requirements have been raised . Does this apply for me ?

Am i promoted to CAt2 ?

No need to worry about, same was the case withe me in ACT, but i got CAT-2 Promotion ... These requirements are for new Applicants. u are already sponsored because u fulfilled the requirements at that time .... no worries Relax ......

No need to worry about, same was the case withe me in ACT, but i got CAT-2 Promotion ... These requirements are for new Applicants. u are already sponsored because u fulfilled the requirements at that time .... no worries Relax ......

ohhhhh! I feel very good now it was a great reply for me :wubclub::arghh::jiggy:

Understood Cat 4 will ONLY get processed when there are NO Cat1,2,3`s to attend to, and then it will be the CAT 4s before me. If any new Cat 1,2,3 apply, then any CAT 4 file will be laid to rest until the new CAT1,2,3 file has been attended to. I like your positive thinking. It just one blow after another after another. 3years and back at square one!

Hi Dan

I'm sorry that Qld haven't included architectural technician in their list...I understand your desire to live in Qld but the doors are still opened for you ...As you applied before July 2010

you still have the chance to choose another state ..ACT and NT would welcome your application as they have architectural associate in their lists ..I know it would cost you some additional money and some stressing time but it worths to try...You have been waiting for a long time , you should continue to fight...Today might be a sad for you but i'm sure tomorrow will be better.:yes:

Fingers crossed for you!

Hi Dan

I'm sorry that Qld haven't included architectural technician in their list...I understand your desire to live in Qld but the doors are still opened for you ...As you applied before July 2010

you still have the chance to choose another state ..ACT and NT would welcome your application as they have architectural associate in their lists ..I know it would cost you some additional money and some stressing time but it worths to try...You have been waiting for a long time , you should continue to fight...Today might be a sad for you but i'm sure tomorrow will better.:yes:

Fingers crossed for you!

Yeah... b00locks to giving up!!! Not staying in this hole! I`m gonna go one day or another!!!!

My agent has no migration officers to advise. They`ve all left? Also the mrs is due in march with our 1st.

I`m thinking of ACT. (Ghost town i know) but at least it has `nearby` attractions of NSW & VIC.... They have limited spaces tho from my occupation!.. Should i transfer tho???? - My qld application has been lodged for over a year now... and thats excluding State Sponsership time,,, nearly 2 years in total... Arggghhhh.

Guest sivakumar
Yeah... b00locks to giving up!!! Not staying in this hole! I`m gonna go one day or another!!!!

My agent has no migration officers to advise. They`ve all left? Also the mrs is due in march with our 1st.

I`m thinking of ACT. (Ghost town i know) but at least it has `nearby` attractions of NSW & VIC.... They have limited spaces tho from my occupation!.. Should i transfer tho???? - My qld application has been lodged for over a year now... and thats excluding State Sponsership time,,, nearly 2 years in total... Arggghhhh.

when did you apply for QLS SS?

Guest dragsterwish

Hi Danny, I'm sponsored by WA as Architectural Associate, same as Houciasus. I pray & hope WA don't go the QLD path of abandoning those SS applicants they have sponsored. However, I'm prepared for the worst too if WA does likewise. Our next option is to quickly apply to the next State that have our skill in their SMP (e.g. ACT). This sucks and means another delay but unless miracle happens, that seems to be the only viable option. However, before you do that, I would suggest calling QLD to confirm that you are not in their SMP. Once confirmed, you can plan your next move accordingly.

Guys,

I hope you don;t mind me bunging this question into this thread. I see that Social Workers are now on the QLD SS list (I think they were always in the regional one?). Anyway, these are the details of my Sister in Law's application:

Name: 603304529 (application made on behalf of SIL)

Date of Visa application: 11 Sept 2010

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: Low Risk

Trade/profession: Social Worker (ANZSCO: 272511, ACO: 2511-11)

Visa type: 175 General Skilled Migration

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): NA

Post-14th July Category: 3 by my reckoning

Medicals submitted: not yet

Police check submitted: not yet

Date CO assigned: not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): not yet

Date visa granted: not yet!

After trawling through PiO, it seems that there is no way to go from 175 to 176. Is this true?

Basically, I would like to know if there is anyway this SS list could improve our expected processing times? Desired location of this applicant is, and always was QLD (Brisbane or surrounding areas.).

We couldn't wait to file application, because we didn't know if Social Worker would be on the new list, and the applicant turned 36 in Sept, so we would have lost points there...

Many thanks...

Just wanted to say good luck to those on the list and to those not on the list please please please dont give up your dreams !!!!!!

There is always a way look into every avenue and email the whole world if you have to !!!

We are all here to help you to make that dream come true !!!

So get searching and emailing !!!!!!

Good luck and keep the dream alive !!!!

LIFE IT WAS YOU MAKE IT !!!!!!!

Em and Gang

Guys,

I hope you don;t mind me bunging this question into this thread. I see that Social Workers are now on the QLD SS list (I think they were always in the regional one?). Anyway, these are the details of my Sister in Law's application:

Name: 603304529 (application made on behalf of SIL)

Date of Visa application: 11 Sept 2010

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: Low Risk

Trade/profession: Social Worker (ANZSCO: 272511, ACO: 2511-11)

Visa type: 175 General Skilled Migration

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): NA

Post-14th July Category: 3 by my reckoning

Medicals submitted: not yet

Police check submitted: not yet

Date CO assigned: not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): not yet

Date visa granted: not yet!

After trawling through PiO, it seems that there is no way to go from 175 to 176. Is this true?

Basically, I would like to know if there is anyway this SS list could improve our expected processing times? Desired location of this applicant is, and always was QLD (Brisbane or surrounding areas.).

We couldn't wait to file application, because we didn't know if Social Worker would be on the new list, and the applicant turned 36 in Sept, so we would have lost points there...

Many thanks...

I just found this in the FAQ....

Applications for permanent visas lodged on or after 1 July 2010

Applicants who applied for either a Skilled (Residence) or Skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885 and 886) on or after 1 July 2010 as either an independent or family sponsored applicant cannot be assessed using a state or territory nomination under a Plan. This is because it is a legislative requirement for applicants applying from 1 July 2010 to have obtained a nomination (or family sponsorship) prior to lodging the visa application.

So I guess thats a "no"...

when did you apply for QLS SS?

Timeline added for reference.

I applied for QLD SS in May 2009, SS approved in Sept 09,,, 176 visa applied for in OCT 09.... seems all for nothing,, and soooo long ago.

Agent Appt - JAN`08 / Vet Asses JUL`08 / 475 changed to 176 MAR`09 / SS App MAY`09 / IELTS JUN`09 / SS Grantd SEP`09 / 176 Visa App OCT`09 .....

I agree with Dragster...It would be better to contact Qld before taking any step, the reason is that every state have 100 off-list nominations to include in their new Smp ..The question that Qld should answer is : how many remaining SS applicants who haven't the chance to be included in the Smp? You might be included as an off-list nomination! who knows?

Hi Danny, I'm sponsored by WA as Architectural Associate, same as Houciasus. I pray & hope WA don't go the QLD path of abandoning those SS applicants they have sponsored. However, I'm prepared for the worst too if WA does likewise. Our next option is to quickly apply to the next State that have our skill in their SMP (e.g. ACT). This sucks and means another delay but unless miracle happens, that seems to be the only viable option. However, before you do that, I would suggest calling QLD to confirm that you are not in their SMP. Once confirmed, you can plan your next move accordingly.

That seems to be the logical way. My thoughts echoed... it seems a shame to remove / transfer my application after applying in May 2009!! seems such a waste!

Don't give up xxx

Good luck for march :biggrin:

I agree with Dragster...It would be better to contact Qld before taking any step, the reason is that every state have 100 off-list nominations to include in their new Smp ..The question that Qld should answer is : how many remaining SS applicants who haven't the chance to be included in the Smp? You might be included as an off-list nomination! who knows?

Cheers for the info folks.,., whats an `off-list nomination` and what goes this entail?

How much funds do we have to have?

My savings show about £20,000 - exluding home assest (£10,000 - £20,000 who knows these days) and new cars say £10,000

Id go for about £30,000 to be on the safe side.... already showed them all this saving etc to get my `old` State Sponser...

Archived