Queensland SMP released

harmitraj

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anybody please send me the link from Queensland website, where it says how much funds we need to prove?

I can´t find it anywhere.....

It has been neglected but I had inquired this from QLD immigration office and here is their reply

Hi xxxx

Thank you for your email. The assessment from Engineers Australia is all you need at this stage. All you need to provide is the documents listed in the Checklist. One document that may not be listed however is a copy of your IELTS test (this was accidentally left off when we recently updated the form). If you are a single person then we also need to see a minimum of $20,000 in cash (Australian dollars)

Regards

Guest sivakumar
Hi Reza,

thank you....

Funny that we can´t find it on the website....

Why do you want info on QLD, when you have had NSW SS?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Queensland requires a recent IELTS test? It doesn´t say anything about it, and SA requires an IELTS not older than 2 years.....

Queensland also requires registration for engineers, does anybody know where to obtain this registration?

Thnaks a lot!

Carolina

Hi Carolina,

If the Queensland guidelines don't mention IELTS then you're in the clear.

Registration doesn't exist for engineers in Australia except in Queensland and Tasmania. In your case see Board of Professional Engineers of Queensland .

With respect to the QLD SMPs it will be interesting to see if the floods and cyclone allow more building tradespersons to be sponsored under the SMP there.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi Carolina,

Registration doesn't exist for engineers in Australia except in Queensland and Tasmania. In your case see Board of Professional Engineers of Queensland .

With respect to the QLD SMPs it will be interesting to see if the floods and cyclone allow more building tradespersons to be sponsored under the SMP there.

Cheers,

George Lombard

i thought that about their smp george, who knows!!!

Hi Carolina,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Dear George,

thank you so much for your reply.

They require 7.0 IELTS. I am ok with that, but my IELTS is from 2009, and they don´t mention anything about dates......

I have found, through Engineers Australia website, that they do register engineers nationally, and that Queensland requires a specific registration, so I was a bit confused about that, if I need to have both registration....

It´s becoming tough to obtain sponsorship...so many requirements....plus they want 5 years f experience, and a lot of money in my bank account.....:mad:

Thanks again!

Carolina

Guest bindog1uk
Hi Carolina,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George, is it possible that they can change their SMP at this late stage to include tradies into QLD, as I have said before there are loads of peeps over here ithching to get their visa's, not all want to go on a temp basis.

Cheers Lesley

Archived