Queensland SMP released

harmitraj

Guest sivakumar
[edit - found, see below]

Hmm.,., what are the chances???? Any help on this one from anyone? I lived in QLD backpacking for 5 months - and worked in Port Douglas for 2 months - when backpacking etc.

Off-List State Nomination: Australian Visa Bureau

If you applied your QLD SS application before the latest SMP, you will still be apple to get the SS, mate

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers for the info folks.,., whats an `off-list nomination` and what goes this entail?

An off-list nomination is a state sponsored application in an occupation that is not in the Smp list...Before the introduction of the Smp each state could sponsor 500 off-list nominations but now this number has fallen to 100. As your occupation is not on the new Smp it must be called Off-list nomination..but the million dollar question is : how many remaining SS applications QLD do have to include in the "100 off-list" ?

I'm confused.

Off-list nominations are only for those who doesn't have SS, I think.

No- off-list nomination is a state sponsorship in an occupation that is not in the basic list of the state. If you are granted a SS based on an off-list occupation you will have the same rights as who have been sponsored in occupations in the basic list.

We had the MODL before wherein if you're not there you could apply for an offlist. How does that translate now if you have an existing SS? Does off-list nomination now translate to automatic inclusion in Cat2?

Bear with me, a bit daft by a flood of information.:eek:

No- off-list nomination is a state sponsorship in an occupation that is not in the basic list of the state. If you are granted a SS based on an off-list occupation you will have the same rights as who have been sponsored in occupations in the basic list.

We had the MODL before wherein if you're not there you could apply for an offlist. How does that translate now if you have an existing SS? Does off-list nomination now translate to automatic inclusion in Cat2?

Bear with me, a bit daft by a flood of information.:eek:

Diac have not any thing to do with the off-list nominations! it's a state matter...Applicants who can't apply for state sponsorship under the basic list still have the chance to apply under off-list nominations ...The relevant state will assess them based on their work expereience and english ability and if they are granted a state sponsorhip they would be included in their quota...I didn't said that they would jump automatically to cat 2 because under the new Smp every state have only 100 off-list nominations to include...Who are they? That's what your relevant state should tell you about:wink: I have already a SS but my occupation does not appear in the new Smp , will I be included in the 100 off-list nominatiions ? If yes you will jump to cat 2 :biggrin:

Thanks, that's what i thought i knew (or things unknown propsed as things forgot:biggrin:).

Offlist nomination is not for those with existing SS. or i'm confused again.

Will just roll the dice.

Diac have not any thing to do with the off-list nominations! it's a state matter...Applicants who can't apply for state sponsorship under the basic list still have the chance to apply under off-list nominations ...The relevant state will assess them based on their work expereience and english ability and if they are granted a state sponsorhip they would be included in their quota...I didn't said that they would jump automatically to cat 2 because under the new Smp every state have only 100 off-list nominations to include...Who are they? That's what your relevant state should tell you about:wink: I have already a SS but my occupation does not appear in the new Smp , will I be included in the 100 off-list nominatiions ? If yes you will jump to cat 2 :biggrin:

Its for those WITH a SS [prior to july 2010] ... but are NO LONGER on the SMP....

.,., as in they did want you,, but now they dont want you.

Except for those who manage to prove their worth and are lucky enough to get a `wild card` into the CAT 2 pool via the Off-List Nomination.

Its for those WITH a SS [prior to july 2010] ... but are NO LONGER on the SMP....

.,., as in they did want you,, but now they dont want you.

Except for those who manage to prove their worth and are lucky enough to get a `wild card` into the CAT 2 pool via the Off-List Nomination.

Just read this tho.,., see highlighted?

Off-list nomination eligibility

States and territories have the freedom to nominate off-list skilled workers per year from any occupation on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL). The 100 point pass-mark on the Australian visa points test still has to be reached for the permanent visa, but it is now possible to be nominated in an occupation that is not listed as in demand. Applications for the 500 off-list nominations are assessed on an individual basis, and each state and territory is free to set their own criteria.

Each state and territory approaches the off-list state nomination for sponsorship differently, and have different requirements for applicants.

To be considered for an off-list nomination you may need to show you have links to the state or territory, such as having lived or studied previously in the state, family ties to the region, or you already have a job offer.

Does this mean i cannot get nominated as im not on this list?!?

I asked about the off list and i was told you had to have a job offer.

Tania

Guest MHowlett

Very interesting thread! and good luck to all!!

Anyone's advice would be appreciated? Our occupation is on the SMP (midwife) although we lodged our 175 in August 2010 as my wife turned 35 in August so we would have lost the points.

I know we cannot change to a 176 without paying the fee.

Does anyone think we should apply for SS and change to a 176 therefore go from CAT3 to CAT2? Or should we sit tight? We really want to be in Brissy for Summer 2011.

thanks!

Very interesting thread! and good luck to all!!

Anyone's advice would be appreciated? Our occupation is on the SMP (midwife) although we lodged our 175 in August 2010 as my wife turned 35 in August so we would have lost the points.

I know we cannot change to a 176 without paying the fee.

Does anyone think we should apply for SS and change to a 176 therefore go from CAT3 to CAT2? Or should we sit tight? We really want to be in Brissy for Summer 2011.

thanks!

I'm cat3 may 09 applicant, i honestly can't see a CO being allocated to me untill early 2011, hopefully i'm wrong but if not then you will not obviously have one for a few months later even given the recent encouraging processing rate, if i was you and given your desire to get to Brisvegas mid 2011 i would bite the bullet and pay the fee, a no brainer as far as i'm concerned, but good luck i envy your situation!

For those who are stuck in cat 4 and think they will not get a visa please look at the bit in red

Been meaning to post these notes of a talk Peter Speldewinde - an assistant secretary with DIAC in Canberra responsible for all this - gave in Canberra yesterday:

"When I’m talking about GSM I find I’m mainly talking to myself.

(His Powerpoint is entitled “The best and the brightest” which invites all sorts of unflattering comparisons J).

Very much shifting the goalposts to NOM (net overseas migration) as the main criterion of migration program outcomes – noted that it has peaked but still at 2007 levels (ie historically very high). Modelling suggests that 150 to 230 k should be the range for NOM, not the 300k which seemed possible before this year’s changes. Growth in student numbers has been a driver in growth. There is now a drop in student numbers but it’s also still at 2007 levels.

Drop in 457 levels due to business cycle but coming back.

Acknowledges that DIAC has imperfect population management tools-can scale up migration numbers but not downsize them. “the demand-driven program now in place which must complement domestic training”. Temp bus program for responding to short term need. Current 457 levels same as 2005 levels.

GSM is for medium to long term cases, 457 is for short-term need.

There is currently a mid-year review of numbers. Still planning on 44k ENS cases and 61700 GSM for current FY.

Aiming at 20% of Skilled Migration to be in state sponsored this year. Family sponsored skilled migration has "flatlined".

Priority processing and category four? Says that processing of category 4 cases hasn’t ceased, they’re all inching forward.

Skills Aust reviewing SOL until Jan so can expect an announcement with respect to the new SOL and State SOL after that. “We would expect those changes to be at the margin”.

Cabinet decided on the points test changes 3 days before the election.

Decided not to use pooling as points test never decreases. This announcement is the first time ever that the pass mark has gone done. Backlog now 130k (down from 150K mainly due to the cap and cease) and new case inflow is down by half.

Says that the 63700 quota for GSM breaks down to about 32000 principal applicants

Government working on a new definition of regional to apply across designated, regional, RSMS etc areas. Still many views. Hoping for one definition.

Overseas students - if they can't meet the points test we expect them to go home. Or get an employer to sponsor them.

“There will be some further adjustment in the education sector and study choices of students.”

Cheers,

George Lombard

I asked about the off list and i was told you had to have a job offer.

Tania

I think you are talking about new applications, but I 'm talking about who have already a SS but not on the Smp. I think these people still have the chance to be included in the Smp quota under the "off-list" nominations.

Guest dragsterwish
I think you are talking about new applications, but I 'm talking about who have already a SS but not on the Smp. I think these people still have the chance to be included in the Smp quota under the "off-list" nominations.

Hi Houciaus, slightly off topic. I realised you obtained WA's SS as Architectural Associate in Feb 2010 too. Mine was slightly later on 11 Feb but we lodged our 176 earlier on 20 Feb 2010. Really hope that WA honour its sponsorship. I look forward to you getting CO real soon after the release of the SMP! (assuming we are on it!)

Cheers!

Hi Houciaus, slightly off topic. I realised you obtained WA's SS as Architectural Associate in Feb 2010 too. Mine was slightly later on 11 Feb but we lodged our 176 earlier on 20 Feb 2010. Really hope that WA honour its sponsorship. I look forward to you getting CO real soon after the release of the SMP! (assuming we are on it!)

Cheers!

I will PM you:wink:

Cheers!

Might be adding onto that if Architectural Associate is on! Feb 2011 tho !!! Fingers crossed!!! Hope WA doesnt abandon you like QLD did with me after 18 months!

Guest mikka711
Yeah... b00locks to giving up!!! Not staying in this hole! I`m gonna go one day or another!!!!

My agent has no migration officers to advise. They`ve all left? Also the mrs is due in march with our 1st.

I`m thinking of ACT. (Ghost town i know) but at least it has `nearby` attractions of NSW & VIC.... They have limited spaces tho from my occupation!.. Should i transfer tho???? - My qld application has been lodged for over a year now... and thats excluding State Sponsership time,,, nearly 2 years in total... Arggghhhh.

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it, lol - ACT was our one and only chance of applying for an Oz visa due to OH occupation and his age. Thank God for ACT - and the migration team there are so friendly and helpful.

We may be moving to Brisvegas or Adelaide once we've done our two years in Canberra.....tbh we really see ACT as a foot in the door:wink: Let's face it, a foot in the door is better than a kick in the teeth(ain't that right DIAC???)!

What's with this diddy QLD SS list anyway? I know Australia has to carefully monitor its immigration policy - but really, why can't they be a bit more 'fair dinkum' about all of this instead of stringing so many people along for months and pocketing their cash?????

Good luck everyone - the visa ride is so draining, but dig deep, find a way and hold on tight - you'll get there in the end:v_SPIN:

Hi Houciaus,

I am an old applicant with a state sponsor that is not on the SMP for qld and is in cat 4 who was told by my agent that i had to have a job offer to apply for off list nomination so i was talking about old applicants not sure what happens with new ones.

Regards Tania

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it, lol - ACT was our one and only chance of applying for an Oz visa due to OH occupation and his age. Thank God for ACT - and the migration team there are so friendly and helpful.

We may be moving to Brisvegas or Adelaide once we've done our two years in Canberra.....tbh we really see ACT as a foot in the door:wink: Let's face it, a foot in the door is better than a kick in the teeth(ain't that right DIAC???)!

Yeah - thats a fair point. Didnt mean to sound disrespectful.:nah:

I did visit Canberra and thats how it was... Although we were new to the area and it was a Saturday. We was probably too cloase to the centre which maybe the working hub etc.

Apart from that, it sure is the way foward at the moment and have to at least give it my best shot!

Guest mikka711
Yeah - thats a fair point. Didnt mean to sound disrespectful.:nah:

I did visit Canberra and thats how it was... Although we were new to the area and it was a Saturday. We was probably too cloase to the centre which maybe the working hub etc.

Apart from that, it sure is the way foward at the moment and have to at least give it my best shot!

Just keep all you're options open, and best of luck whatever you decide - I'm sure you'll find a way:v_SPIN:

Guest sivakumar

WA's SS is next (Tasmania is out.......)

The news from Tasmania official website is "Tasmania’s State Migration Plan was approved by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship on 3 December 2010. The eligible occupations list and sponsorship requirements will be placed on the unit’s website this week. For more information visit our website www.migration.tas.gov.au"

http://www.development.tas.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/30195/Moving_South_-_Summer_2010.pdf

According to a reliable source, Australian Minister approves the total number of SS under the annual plan, but he has nothing to do with the detailed list. WA's SS was approved a long ago, but the state government is working at detailing the occupation which will be released by Christmas.

As off today, only WA and NSW, who have not released the list, are due....

Don't expect occupations from IT or other communication engineering, because WA is focusing on Energy, mining, infrastructure, construction and social service.

Is there anyone who has both Queensland sponsorship and ACS assessment in 221399 ANZSCO code? I have this situation and I doubt wheather existing of my occupation in none permanent visa subclasses list can promote my priority to Cat2 or not? This Code somehow is in SMP list of Queensland but not for PR subclass visas . Have you heard about the people in the same situation?

Archived