Christmas cards:(

Briggy

Hi and a happy christmas to all on POI:D

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lack of nice christmas cards saying ''Merry christmas from oz on'' ?

being my fist christmas in oz wanted to send a nice card with the above or something simular on it, to family back home.

I personally can't find any nice and resonably priced cards:(

The ones I did find aren't that inspiring.

So I have decided to put a question to all of you fellow PIO's

I'm making and selling cards with the above saying and lots of other cards for next Christmas. And I would like any feedback good or bad as to what you all think. Is it a good idea or bad. As don't want to waste money on starting up and it flopping:D

My cards won't be tacky and cheap. But nice lovely and sweet:D

Hey that ryhmes:D HO HO HO!!!!

Cheers Brig and a verry merry chrimbo to all:D:wubclub:

They probably wont say from Oz - not too many Aussies call it that - but Woolies usually has some cards to send to international destinations, they have been quite nice in past years.

Hi there:D

didn't mean just Oz meant as in australia just shortened it lazy typist:D

mmm had a look in Woolies and all the other places and nothing really grabbed me.

Maybe just me then:OI

But thanks for your point of view tho much appreciated:D

Brig:Dx

Hi there:D

didn't mean just Oz meant as in australia just shortened it lazy typist:D

mmm had a look in Woolies and all the other places and nothing really grabbed me.

Maybe just me then:OI

But thanks for your point of view tho much appreciated:D

Brig:Dx

Yes, it might be a bit late - I have usually bought them when they first appear on the shelves.

Yes, it might be a bit late - I have usually bought them when they first appear on the shelves.

Yeah I know that:D

was on about doing for next year, was just trying to get some feed back.

I would have to be a magican to make them in time for this year lol:D

Have a good one any ways:D

Our local IGA (used to be Spar) sell them for a dollar. They have a pic of kangaroo or koala in a santa hat and the words 'Merry Christmas from Australia' on the front, not much of a verse inside though. See if there is an IGA or Spar near you?

Cal x

OO Might have a look:D

Going down the gold coast this sat so will see what is available there also:D

Thankyou:D

Brig x

Guest littlesarah

I got some really cool cards - just from one of the card shops. A pack with Christmas tree shape on the front, which is actually made up of kanagroos, and another pack with cartoon Aussie animals on the beach/having a barbie. They just said 'Merry Christmas' on the front, with no mention of Australia; which I prefer, personally. (My friends & family know where I am!)

Guest guest36187

I use Moonpig.com - they are great. Tons of cards including Ozzy ones. Santa in his undies on a beach with hsi surfbaord!!!!

Plus they do spoof ones like magazne covers, movie posters etc. They are great!

Try this web site i always send me cards to the Uk through them

Moonpig Cards Australia

You can change all the writing on the cards so you can put what ever you want

Forgot to add there is a uk site (look at top right hand corner) as well so you can still send the cards on times

Thanks for the info:D will be sure to check them out:D

Cheers Brigx

if anyone in Fremantle is looking for cards there is a lovely card stall in Fremantle Market, the stall holder is a local artist and designs the cards herself and I got some great 'Merry Christmas from Australia' cards. Also got some great ones from the local newsstand that are beach scenes with a Christmas tree drawn in the sand and with Christmas 2010 drawn in the sand, friends in the UK shouldn't struggle to guess where they are from!!

Archived