am i right in thinking.....?? case officer / visa.

sophiesunny

Hi All,

Well case officer is satisfied with all documents she asked for which is excellent news. Next step would be meds but I’m 26weeks pregnant. Our case officer has asked if we want to go on hold and wait till baby is born do meds then and add baby to application. I have 7 days to confirm.

Can someone advise – is it correct meds ALSO include an xray, whether a doc will do xray on me or not is irrelevant as I personally wouldn’t risk it, so for me I can’t do meds. This would then mean if my partner and son did theres now once me and baby had ours our visa would need to be activated from a year of earliest meds – which would be my partners this month, have I got this right? So really we’re best going on hold aren’t we?

Thank you!!!

Sophie

Hi All,

Well case officer is satisfied with all documents she asked for which is excellent news. Next step would be meds but I’m 26weeks pregnant. Our case officer has asked if we want to go on hold and wait till baby is born do meds then and add baby to application. I have 7 days to confirm.

Can someone advise – is it correct meds ALSO include an xray, whether a doc will do xray on me or not is irrelevant as I personally wouldn’t risk it, so for me I can’t do meds. This would then mean if my partner and son did theres now once me and baby had ours our visa would need to be activated from a year of earliest meds – which would be my partners this month, have I got this right? So really we’re best going on hold aren’t we?

Thank you!!!

Sophie

Hiya Sophie

Cant advise on everything soz,but yes you have chest Xrays,and yes would have to be activated from earliest meds as far as i know.all the best btw:wink:

Thats great to be honest as thought! I guess we've waited that long for case officer (2yrs) gutted in one respect got to go on hold in case anything changes in mean time!! But best move, if not would only have about 7 months to activate visa after baby which is a bit limiting!!!!!!

congrats on the baby! and on the CO I am waiting for the visa aproval before I start having little ones, the risk is too big for me.

I think you can do your medicals when pregnant, they hold a lead sheet in front of your belly with the x-ray. Not advising, but that is why your CO probably asked if you wanted to wait or not.

it is only 3 months till the baby is born, so it probably doesn't matter if you do the other meds now or later. As long as you can plan to enter Australia within the 7 months after, which you have plenty of time to plan now anyway.

Guest VickyMel

Hi Sophie

Bumping the thread

There are lots of women on PIO hanging on before doing X-rays because they are pregnant. I'm sure they will be in to add comments later. If not maybe start another thread which mentions that you are pregnant and want advice on x-rays in the title as that then might draw them to your question better.

Good luck

VickyMel

I think you should call one of the meds doctors and ask. When I was there they asked about a dozen times if i could possibly be pregnant and although i know i'm not, i did ask just to pass the time, what they would do if i was. I'm sure the xray doctor said they missed that bit out for pregnant ladies and you have to make sure you get them done after the birth. I may be totally wrong but i would call the medicals place to ask them. We went to Manchester. Sorry if I've got your hopes up for nothing but on the other hand, if you don't ask you don't get

N x

the mrs is at a similair date etc... Gill [gollywobbler] gave me some cracking advise on a thread. Unfortunalty this thread was removed as it was also party to comments regarding agents / solicitors etc.

They deleted before i could copy the info... but was positive! [id suggest contacting gill.... shes in the know!!!)

Personally I would hold off all meds and add the baby to the application before it is granted. Otherwise you may be granted the visa before baby is born and then have to apply for a child visa for the baby - more expense and form filling.

It will also give you a bit more time after grant to enter Oz you might need this with a new one aound!!!!

Archived