Sunshine Coast - February 2011

Guest BrightonBoys

we will gladly welcome you here and I will be your surrogate Mum for those whose mums are left in UK.

As Barry and I are just in 60's we thought the young people we met in Sept would not want us in the group but they said we were good - we are young at heart.

Surrogate Mums are always a good thing!!!!:wubclub:

And whats age?????

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm moving to Mooloolaba in Jan 2011. Hopefully I'll have somewhere to stay, I'm 33, a dentist and working in Pacific Paradise. So being new to the area, any friends would be very welcome! good luck with the move and if you want to organise a celebratory drink, let me know!!

(rakeshjivan@hotmail.com)

Hi there,

I'm moving to Mooloolaba in Jan 2011. Hopefully I'll have somewhere to stay, I'm 33, a dentist and working in Pacific Paradise. So being new to the area, any friends would be very welcome! good luck with the move and if you want to organise a celebratory drink, let me know!!

(rakeshjivan@hotmail.com)

We are have (or rather Mr Luvpants) has, organised a meet for Saturday, 26 Feb at Buderim Tavern for 7.30pm, there is a few of us going so feel free to come down and meet some new faces - the more the merrier!!!

Hope the move goes well for you! :wubclub:

Hi We live in Buderim and moved here from the Isle of Wight 18months ago. I'm 38 & my Husband is 46 although everyone alway's thinks he's younger! We have a 3yr old daughter. We have met a couple of people but having left lots of good friends & a good social life(the islands full of pubs!!) we are keen to meet new people.

Hi Julie and Paul

We are looking at the same sort of area round Noosa, and planning on being there roughly the same time or a month or so after!

We are *ahem* slightly older (45 & 49)!! , if thats your dog in the photo.. we have two who will be looking for playmates, and there is a fab dog walking beach near where we are all going!

Kevin, Michael, Trevor and Dallas!! x

And there are plenty of gay dogs where you are going too guys! Been there, seen it, Trevor and Dallas are gonna love it:laugh:cool dogs:cool:WUFF !

I love order ( thats why I am joining the police lol) so can you copy and paste and then add your name to the list please guys:

1.Mr and Mrs Luvpants. (John & Lisa) arriving 29th Dec 2010

2. Mr & Mrs Fisher (JuliePaul) arriving 10 February 2011

3. julie and graham

4. Mark, Tracey and Kids ASAP hopefully this side of Christmas :-/

5. Tim & Catherine (TD63)

6. Simon & Deb + 2 kids. late Nov/early Dec

7. Kevin and Michael (brightonboys)

8. Emma and Antony (ggardemma)

9 Laura, Philip & kids (lgabriel)

10 Louise & Melanie (loumel1706)

Thanks

JOHN

Guest cazbeckham

Hi

Is everyone still happy for me to try and secure the room at the Buderim Tavern like I did with one group of PIO a little while ago?

They did put a lot of tables out and reserved plaques on the table with menus for food if anyone wants to eat in there.

Not sure when the Bar Food section closes but the Restaurant food orders closes I think at 8pm so if the time is going to be 7.30 then you wont have much time to order food.

Probably best for people to eat before the meet then just order some packets of crisps/nibbles for the table.

Let me know and I will have a word with the manager at Buderim Tavern.

Caz

Hi

Is everyone still happy for me to try and secure the room at the Buderim Tavern like I did with one group of PIO a little while ago?

They did put a lot of tables out and reserved plaques on the table with menus for food if anyone wants to eat in there.

Not sure when the Bar Food section closes but the Restaurant food orders closes I think at 8pm so if the time is going to be 7.30 then you wont have much time to order food.

Probably best for people to eat before the meet then just order some packets of crisps/nibbles for the table.

Let me know and I will have a word with the manager at Buderim Tavern.

Caz

Hi Caz

Thats fine with me, as long as you dont mind?! im sure everyone will agree it will be really helpful!!

Cheers

Juls x x:wubclub:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

were hoping to be moving to the sunshine coast next August, fingerscrossed, hopefully sell the house. Would be great to meet up with you guys.

Troy 42, kim 45, luke 20, Jade 17.

Permanent visa, July 2009

bye for now and good luck to those who will be moving before us:wink:

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Troy and Kim

Keep a look out on PIO when you arrive for future meets. We live in Buderim and are just a tad older than you guys but would love to meet up when you get here.

Whereabouts on the sunny coast are you hoping to settle?

Caz

Hi All

Yet another family on it's way soon to the sunshine coast, heading for pelican to start with then who knows. Will be there in August 11 so will need yet another get together when we arrive, wish it was sooner now that we're missing the party in Feb, Oh and it's bloody freezing here and dead miserable!!

Have a great night

Jon, Wendy and kids

Guest BrightonBoys

And there are plenty of gay dogs where you are going too guys! Been there, seen it, Trevor and Dallas are gonna love it:laugh:cool dogs:cool:WUFF !

pmsl.. you calling my dogs gay dear??!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BrightonBoys

Well it looks like you have to take our names of the list for this meet.

We won't be out there till March at the earliest now.

I (hope) to have my visa by then but more to the point we are not completing on pur house to first week of March, then plan a trip down the Nile before heading downunder!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest smithettes

Hi all,

We have been in Oz 2 years now. Like Julie and Paul we arrived at Caloundra in a holiday let and then moved south of Brisbane for 18months, however without a doubt the Sunshine Coast is beautiful and has the life style you are all after and we have now moved back to the Sunshine coast a week before Christmas and are here to stay. So we would love to join your merry band, we are 40, 36 and two girls of 4 and 3, plus our beautiful mastiff "Bear" who has also mirgrated from the UK.

We have made friends with Aussies but you can't beat the British sense of humour!!!

Hope to catch up with you all soon!!!

Kelly & Dave:wub:

Guest jewels1356

so far i have only found a few oldies on hear not that were old is their any over 50 around hear.just wondering as all our friends are younger is the tavern meet still on as its always nice to meet new faces

Julie and graham (buderim)

Guest cazbeckham

Hiya all

Julie, we have met you and we are over 50 in fact we are 60 and 61 and I agree there are not many our age.

Buderim Tavern meeting is still on, I need to have a word with the manager about reserving some tables for the Sat 26th Feb so hopefully we will see you there and a lot more PIO's.

I already have 12 people on a list and probably another 8 as well that may make it.

Kelly & Dave send me a pm with your contact details eg email and phone number and I will add you to my list and send you a reminder nearer the time, whereabouts on sunshine coast are you living.

We are just off Stringbark Road on the estate behind the new shops just opened.

Caz

• 1 month later...
Guest cazbeckham

Hiya everyone

tables have been reserved in the Sports bar at the back for 7pm on Saturday 26th Feb so anyone just arrived here or even any other pio's who want to come along please do so.

I will be there to meet and greet you although my OH wont be so I wont stay too long, just to see you all then will leave you all to have fun. I don't expect there to be many people my age so will leave it to you youngsters to have some fun and get to know one another but you can contact me anytime.

Caz

See you there John with Lisa and Lisa's parents?

Guest cazbeckham

I'll stay for a while but wont drink as I am driving................ glad to know you are going to be nice to me, phew what a relief hehehe

Archived