Tumble dryer extraction hole

mr luvpants

We are about to buy a tumble dryer to take with us.I would prefer to get one with an extraction hose as opposed to a condenser Tumble dryer. Generally speaking, do rental properties have an extraction hole in the laundry room or are we best getting a condenser tumble dryer to be on the safe side?

Hope that makes sense!

JOHN

We are about to buy a tumble dryer to take with us.I would prefer to get one with an extraction hose as opposed to a condenser Tumble dryer. Generally speaking, do rental properties have an extraction hole in the laundry room or are we best getting a condenser tumble dryer to be on the safe side?

Hope that makes sense!

JOHN

BRING A CONDENSER AND PIPE WITH YOU !!!! OMG I HAVE SEARCHED AND SEARCHED AND EVERYONE OVER HERE LOOKED AT ME STUID !!!!!!! THEY DONT EVEN SELL THE PIPE OVER HERE !!! I have had to get my brother in law to buy one and send it over !!!!!

or WAIT TILL YOU GET HERE !!!

CAROLE X

Hope that makes sense!

JOHN

I don't think we need the extraction hole with the extraction dryers....just vents into the laundry or garage where your dryer is....leave a window ajar if required :)

Guest guest30038
I don't think we need the extraction hole with the extraction dryers....just vents into the laundry or garage where your dryer is....leave a window ajar if required :)

Save your money. Never needed one in 15 yrs here, even when we had as many as 9 kids in the house, but those that have them simply site them in laundry, or garage...............never seen an extractor here.

kev

Save your money. Never needed one in 15 yrs here, even when we had as many as 9 kids in the house, but those that have them simply site them in laundry, or garage...............never seen an extractor here.

kev

You should print your new avatar on a tshirt and take a stroll through the Valley :biglaugh:

Maybe it will depend on the humidity level where you end up living, but I have found it's not like the UK.

In the places we have rented the laundry has had a door to open, or if internal has a fan that comes on with the light.

We have used ours a bit as it has rained here for 4 days but have no problem with damp warm air,moisture or mould that we would have had in the UK with no outdoor extraction.

I've not seen any tumbles with external extraction here and it may be a case that it's not needed. If it were people would have them.

Hope that makes sense!

JOHN

Why is it a lot of folk from the UK are obsessed with a tumble dryer. we don't have one, don't need one,& never had one since we left UK, clothes are much better dried outside. We have two pommie neighbours both have children and they dry everything in the dryer. Fresh air is free!

Guest guest30038
Why is it a lot of folk from the UK are obsessed with a tumble dryer. we don't have one, don't need one,& never had one since we left UK, clothes are much better dried outside. We have two pommie neighbours both have children and they dry everything in the dryer. Fresh air is free!

And electric costs a bomb.

The garage is the warmest place in our house having an extra fridge and freezer in there so when it's a long spell of wet, the clothes are dried in there. The line is strung across the roller door track............sitting above the care engine it also dries quick :idea:

kev

I hear what you two are saying.

We live in a flat that has no sunshine on the balconey after 8 am. It's the only place we have to dry anything.

On cool days with cloud and no wind the tumble is the only alternative.

Try not to wash on those days but sometimes you run out of stuff.......

Also sometimes use it to just finish off items.

It wouldn't be my first choice to use it and if we had a garden etc it would hardly get used.

Also our old aussie neighbour who is a 'housewife' and is home most of the day never ever hung anything outside. She used the tumble for everything so I'm not sure this is just an english thing.

Hope that makes sense!

JOHN

I would wait till you are here and see what driers are available. I don't think you will be in deperate need of one for a while seeing as you're coming at Christmas. You will be able to hang clothes out at 8:00 and fetch them in at 10:00 bone dry.

All the driers I've seen here just sit in the laundry and vent into the open air. We've had a Fisher and Paykel one for about 10 years and it's been good. We don't use it a lot, even in winter, most of the time we use it it's because we need something washing and drying at night before for the following day.

Guest juliemtaylor

we brought a tuumble dryer with a vent hose (Bought a new unused vent hose with us) and we just open the utility patio door and put the fly screen across so no bugs fly in and wors fine!

Julie x

BRING A CONDENSER AND PIPE WITH YOU !!!! OMG I HAVE SEARCHED AND SEARCHED AND EVERYONE OVER HERE LOOKED AT ME STUID !!!!!!! THEY DONT EVEN SELL THE PIPE OVER HERE !!! I have had to get my brother in law to buy one and send it over !!!!!

or WAIT TILL YOU GET HERE !!!

CAROLE X

Where have you been looking??? I went to Bunnings on Saturday and picked up a wall vent kit and a 4M length of 100mm pipe for less than $50. Installed it on Saturday afternoon and all perfect now. If you just let it vent into the room you'll have loads of dust in the room, although the filter catches the larger bits there's still dust.

I nearly didn't bring mine with me when we left the Uk just over 2 years ago as I really didn't think I would use it. I am so glad I did.

I think I've only used it twice since we've been here, the first time was when we went camping and it rained and everything got wet and then we got home and it was raining so to catch up on my washing I used the tumble dryer and the second time is now because it is peeing down and doesn't seem to be letting up.

We keep ours in the laundry and then when I need it we put it outside on the patio.

Wendy

Archived