Zumba Party Anyone? Brisbane

I was given a flyer for a Zumba party at the Colmslie Hotel in Morningside (Wynnum Road) - any brave souls interested in coming along with me? It is on Sat 30th October 5.30 to 7pm, $15 prepaid or $20 on the door with some lucky door prizes. Burns masses of calories and there's a bar should you want to reward/revive yourself afterwards.

Guest SunshineSmile

Im your date for the nite :biggrin:

Only messing.. I wish!.. would love to be there and in a position to go with you whopperdaisy.. unfortunetly Im stuck in rainy Ireland :em4600:

Hope you find someone to accompany you x

If only :jiggy::jiggy:we could shimmy and shake the house down!!

I go on a Tuesday $10 for an hour..it is great fun...go on your own if need be!!

They do a great routine in honour of the South African 2010 world cup...WACA WACA!!!:biglaugh:

Have fun x

Guest siamsusie

:laugh::laugh:OH doubtless Sister Daisy will have her retort for you... just imagine you at the Zumba with your Fez Hat on pabs lol x

Ok for women i suppose susie,i'd feel like an arl quilt doing that,im in the shuffle one foot in front of the other club,is this how daisy dresses then?:cute::wink:

[YOUTUBE]rMku32tXW9A[/YOUTUBE]

Nah, there's places I don't want to get stray rhinestones. These days I choose something a bit less attention grabbing:

Samba-dancers-strip-for-Carnival.jpg

Here's your outfit Pabs:

wplarge06.jpg

I was given a flyer for a Zumba party at the Colmslie Hotel in Morningside (Wynnum Road) - any brave souls interested in coming along with me? It is on Sat 30th October 5.30 to 7pm, $15 prepaid or $20 on the door with some lucky door prizes. Burns masses of calories and there's a bar should you want to reward/revive yourself afterwards.

Awww I'd be there but as stuck in Scotland just now will have to make do with my weekly class here. I love my class, its for an hour, so an hour and a half class would be great!

Go on your own though, I go on my own to my class and most of the others are there on their own so we are all in the same boat, and have a bit of a laugh now. Great fun, and very knackering. Its teaching me moves I never knew I could do!

Shaz

Guest GeorgeD

Is this the sort of activity that unsupervised males aren't allowed to take part in??

We've got a dance studio five minutes walk from our apartment in Brisbane's West End and they do pretty much daily Zumba sessions. I'd like to get involved in some exercise and meeting new people, but my wife works shifts and she won't be able to go all the time, or perhaps even very much of the time at all...I wouldn't like to think people thought I was a weirdo* if I went on my own.

*NOTE: by most definitions I probably am a weirdo, but I don't want attending a Zumba class to be the main reason for people thinking it!

:biggrin:

The classes I have been to at the gym have had a few blokes alone, I certainly didn't think of them as weirdos for showing up although they did stick out a bit among the women. Once the music gets going though you don't really notice much who's there. Maybe try going first time when your wife is available so you can get a feel for it and see if you'd be comfortable with going alone. Once people know your face they probably won't take much notice of you turning up alone - there is enough imbalance between the genders that you may get hit on though. If you're not so comfortable outnumbered by gyrating women, you'll find a whole lot more blokes at the RPM/Spin and Body Pump classes.

Actually, in the West End you may well get more of a mix anyway, I am much further out in the burbs.

my wife is Zumba mad, and goes at least 2 but normally 3 times a week.

Her best friend is an instructor, so that probably didnt help her with her addiction. She has also been to 3 masterclasses in the CBD recently with instructors from the US, Canada & Germany.

This weekend here in Monbulk they have a Zumba marathon to raise money for breast cancer research. non stop lessons until there is nobody else taking a lesson.

cant see the fun in it myself, ive 2 left feet & after 2 minutes Salsa music starts to send me round the bend. :arghh:

Is this the sort of activity that unsupervised males aren't allowed to take part in??

We've got a dance studio five minutes walk from our apartment in Brisbane's West End and they do pretty much daily Zumba sessions. I'd like to get involved in some exercise and meeting new people, but my wife works shifts and she won't be able to go all the time, or perhaps even very much of the time at all...I wouldn't like to think people thought I was a weirdo* if I went on my own.

*NOTE: by most definitions I probably am a weirdo, but I don't want attending a Zumba class to be the main reason for people thinking it!

Hi George

Don't be shy, there are two men in our Zumba class and no one bats an eyelid! I like to hide behind them because they're taller than me and I'm not very good at it yet (I've only had 3 classes, but oh what a giggle!)

Sue x

Archived