SA interim state sponsored occupations list

Guest tomtom

Hi Jules37 & 3jps,

Thanks so much for the support, I am usually so positive but now am so confused.! :confused: Especially after seeing OH occupation in the SA skills shortage report issued by DEEWR as recent as May 2010, stating there was a state wide shortage!!

It doesnt seem to make any sense, or am I missing something? I only hope it is on the actual SMP when published.

Does anyone know when the SMP is to be realeased, why release an Interim list if the SMP is to be released soon?

I think they enjoy playing with our heads, the whole system is really doing my bonce in.

Jules you are right, they re-jig priorities that often who knows where we will all be in the coming weeks/months..

What will be will be, I suppose!! Good luck to all

Adele x

Hi Adele

We will hopefully look back at all this one day and laugh, well that is what I keep telling myself to stop myself from going insane. :wacko:

I can't work out what they are playing at either but I have come the conclusion that I will just have to wait and see what happens with the SMP's when they come out, my O/H is on the new list that they have published so I should be over the moon but I am not getting my hopes up, been there and done that too many times now. I really hope that the new government sort the mess out and let all us poor sods already in the system have their visas!!!!!

We originally had a 175 application in and O/H has a job offer but this is still not enough for us to get our visa. It took me over 6 months to get the job offer and we were so excited that we had finally got it but then they told us that we would have to wait 2-3 years even with the job offer? Seems like total madness when they say that they don't want migrants going out there only to find they can't get work? So we are trying to get on with our lives in the hope that one day we will get a call from our agent telling us that we have a case officer. Ahhh what a dreamer!!!!

Jules

Hi Jules37 & 3jps,

Thanks so much for the support, I am usually so positive but now am so confused.! :confused: Especially after seeing OH occupation in the SA skills shortage report issued by DEEWR as recent as May 2010, stating there was a state wide shortage!!

It doesnt seem to make any sense, or am I missing something? I only hope it is on the actual SMP when published.

Does anyone know when the SMP is to be realeased, why release an Interim list if the SMP is to be released soon?

I think they enjoy playing with our heads, the whole system is really doing my bonce in.

Jules you are right, they re-jig priorities that often who knows where we will all be in the coming weeks/months..

What will be will be, I suppose!! Good luck to all

Adele x

Hi Jules,

The question is will we be looking back & laughing from uk or oz?:laugh:

We actually said a few weeks back that we would attemt to get on with our lives, went out booked a family hol for next year.... so glad we did now!

No mater how hard I try to put oz to back of my mind, its always there lingering. But as they say Its not over til the fat lady sings :laugh:

Lets hope they honour all SS apps

Cheers

Adele x

This has made me feel a lot brighter today!!!!

Thanks so much for the thread.

OH solid plasterer is on the list which I'm very relieved about as read somewhere recently that SA had enough plasterers??!!!

Just goes to show - you absolutley cannot be sure until you see it officially in black and white, and even then it may well change again!!

Lets hope these trades will now be on the SMP list and also hope those who have SS will be honoured.

Good luck all xxx

Rose.

Excellent news honey x:biggrin:

Guest Gollywobbler
:cry:No hairdressers!!:cry:

Hi Sarah

Please don't cry! The situation is that DIAC have invited the State Governments to produce interim sponsorship lists like the SA one but the States are only able to offer sponsorship to people whose occupations are in Cat 3 for the moment.

When the SMPs are eventually published, the SMPs will be allowed to include Cat 4 occupations as well. All is not necessarily lost for Hairdressers and Cooks. This sort of interim list is no use to you but the SMPs might well be.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
occupations that are not in the new sol also included in this list?

Hi Jains

Which occupations that are not in Schedule 3 of the new SOL are included in SA's Interim List, please?

I've just compared the two lists quickly and I can't see anything in SA's interim list that is not in Schedule 3 (ie the new SOL) but something might seem to you to be jumping off the page. It is quicker just to deal with any occupation that you might have noticed.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill,

Does that mean the interim list that SA has published are from the schedule 3 list and none of them are from the schedule 4 list? I hope you're right!

Hi ljwalvin

That is my understanding, yes. I might be wrong so let's now see whether Jains has spotted something that I haven't spotted.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Sarah

Please don't cry! The situation is that DIAC have invited the State Governments to produce interim sponsorship lists like the SA one but the States are only able to offer sponsorship to people whose occupations are in Cat 3 for the moment.

When the SMPs are eventually published, the SMPs will be allowed to include Cat 4 occupations as well. All is not necessarily lost for Hairdressers and Cooks. This sort of interim list is no use to you but the SMPs might well be.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks for the reply Gill, I'm an IT professional in SOL schedule 4.. which means I can keep some hope for SMPs ??:idea:

FIngers CROSSED!

Anyways, I just sent Immigration SA an email about the new list(whether its exclusively Schedule 3) and hopefully they'll let me know soon!

:biggrin: Please keep the reply posted here :)

Hi Sarah

Cheers

Gill

:hug:Thank you Gill, As always a calm head to help freaked out PIO'ers in times of need. I would never have realised that the occupations were only cat 3. My head is in such a whirl.

So it kind of makes sense that they will sponsor these schedule 3 occupations as they are currently those that are apparently "most in demand" oz wide, and the government shouldn't have any problems with this.

So, even the cat 3 occupations have conditions attached for example most trades needing IELTS 6.5. I wonder what the states and the government are concocting between them regarding CAT 4 occupations?? Even more stringent conditions? I've always thought that they may try and bring in lengthy work experience requirements. I notice accountants need 3 years minimum experience, I wouldn't be surprised if conditions for cat 4 occupations (like cook and hairdresser if they ever do make an SMP) will have to have 5 or more years work experience.

I think I need to take a deep breath, think and digest what I read before being overcome by sheer panic.

:hug:

Hi Sarah

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

Is it something similar to the list published by NSW at the very beginning

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/migration/pdfdocuments/STNI_Criteria_STNI_Skilled.pdf

Tx

Archived