Skilled Visa Applications: Priority Category 3

Alan Collett

Guest lexlim86

i applied at 15 December 2008 as an Accountant (without IELTS 7)

after waiting for almost 2 years (1 year 8 months). FINALLY VISA GRANTED SUBCLASS 886 SKILLED FAMILY SPONSORED ONSHORE

At first i applied without agent and almost give up after so many changes that did not favor my applications. i decided to return to my country for 3 months May 2010-August 2010 (Bridging Visa B).

As soon as I arrived at Australia. i learned that now accountant move to category 3 regardless of the IELTS and i read this thread and some threads that Decision Ready Checklist exist. On 11 August i called an agent and i learned that i have to renew all my medical and police check. after 2 weeks all done. i appointed the agent for 880AUD to send DRC (24 August 2010). at first i expect maybe it will take at least two weeks. no email regarding case officer has been allocated, no change of status, no documents have been met.

BUT TO DAY (31 August 2010), when i open my application status APPLICANT APPROVED AND ALL DOCUMENTS MET.

i really happy and wish to thank god for hearing my pray and for the people who posted a thread regarding this Decision Ready Checklist.

my suggestion: it is better to spend some money rather than waiting for uncertainty, especially for onshore applicants on category 3 (without SMP) before SMP has been released

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shirazeram

Could lexlim86 explain that how come a case is finalaized without allocation of a CO?!!

We all know that our cases are going to have a time consuming processing step which is a must: "security checking"

and this step is started when a CO is allocated.

Now, how come a case is finalized without being security checked?!

Security checking is not like: an agent will tell diac that I know this applicant and he is a good guy... plz give him permanent visa!!!!

Guest lexlim86
Could lexlim86 explain that how come a case is finalaized without allocation of a CO?!!

We all know that our cases are going to have a time consuming processing step which is a must: "security checking"

and this step is started when a CO is allocated.

Now, how come a case is finalized without being security checked?!

Security checking is not like: an agent will tell diac that I know this applicant and he is a good guy... plz give him permanent visa!!!!

i do not know either. i have not received any email about co or anything and let me confirm this thing once again that I AM NOT AN AGENT, I AM REAL PERSON. i do not force you to believe me or influence you to do the drc things (some stupid guy who are not happy because he is category 4 told everyone that i am undercover agent):biglaugh:.

i just want to share with people especially onshore category 3 right now that drc work for me and maybe it works for you as well.

Hi cazhoney,

I know that when some of the cat 3s got COs they were asked if they wanted a 175 or a 176 as I know many have lodged both during the visa process.

Those of you who are in Category 3, and have a SS, are you receiving 176 visas or 175?

I was wondering about this, since the SMPs aren´t out yet.....I was hoping that they would give a 175 visa even for those who have SS, because there are no SMPs....

The status (or lack of) SMP's has no bearing on which visa you are granted. It's my understanding that it's about whether you have the points. i.e when we applied for a 175 (before getting SS) we had in excess of 120 points so clearly meet the points criteria for a 175. We went for SS to try speed things up a bit (what a joke hey). So only needing 100 points for a 176 we still far exceed the required points. So there is a possibility when we finally get our visa that, as we met the criteria for a 175 in the first place, that we may be granted a 175. If however we had NEEDED the SS to get us within the points range, then we would ONLY be granted a 176.

Guest meme123321

Ok, I'll keep it simple.

Mental Health nurse working in Qld on a 457.

I want my residency; to be done independently its the 175; Im a young 'un (under 30), flying solo with no partner or kiddies - simple pimple i'd say!

I understand the Priority 3 has up to an 18 month wait.

As nurses are a priority, spec MH as i understand, will it take that long, or do I slide up the Priority 3 cue? :eek:

Thanks lots!

Meme :wacko:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lexlim86

Which migration agent did you use who, in return for $880 AUD, managed to complete a form that is so childishly simple that a child of 5 could complete it but this agent nevertheless managed to get you a visa within a few days of his own submission of the DRC apparently.

Naturally, everybody would tend to flock towards the agent with a proven track record of getting concrete results via submitting the DRCs, so which agent did you use, please?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Lexlim86

Which migration agent did you use who, in return for $880 AUD, managed to complete a form that is so childishly simple that a child of 5 could complete it.

Gill

Well said !

Hi Lexlim86

Which migration agent did you use who, in return for $880 AUD, managed to complete a form that is so childishly simple that a child of 5 could complete it but this agent nevertheless managaged to get you a visa within a few days of his own submission of the DRC apparently.

Gill

Well, there is a very big question mark whether that 'expensive' piece of paper did play any role in the final outcome. Given the fact that Lexlim86 waited for 1.8 years already when the visa was granted.

Guest rebeccae

Just had this email come in from diac, hope it helps...jim

Dear Mr W,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

As you have applied for one of the 'offshore' permanent General Skilled Migration visas, then you may add certain dependent family members after lodgement and before the finalisation of your visa application.

Information about including dependant family members on your application is available from our website at <http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/bringing-secondary-app.htm#e>

If you marry, become pregnant or have a child after lodging your application, then you need to notify the department of your change in circumstances by completing Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances and submit it to this office. This form is available from the department's website at <http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf>

Information about the health requirement is available on the department's website at

<http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/>

you are required to provide the following information:

* Birth certificate

* Copy of passport bio data page

* Two passport photos of the dependant

* Notification of your change in circumstances (Form 1022)

* Health Examination

You should not proceed with health and character checks until a request is made by the Department. Follow the instructions set out in your Acknowledgment letter for what documents are required and when they are required. You will be contacted if we require additional information.

If you have already undergone your health and character checks, the receipt/s & certificate/s for your medical exam/police checks should be forwarded to the Department. Please refer to your visa application acknowledgment letter on how to send correspondence.

As per information today on the Department's current allocation dates, your application is not yet allocated to a case officer. Visa applications are being processed in the order they have been received. We are currently processing Feb 2008.

Information on our current processing timeframes can be obtained by sending a blank email to: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au <mailto:aspc.processing@immi.gov.au>

Please use the above email address to keep up to date with the current processing dates.

Yours sincerely,

Roland W

Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre

Communications Unit

Original Message:

Sent: 30/07/2010

I aked diac about adding new baby and also timeline

Guest Lynne x
Ok, I'll keep it simple.

Mental Health nurse working in Qld on a 457.

I want my residency; to be done independently its the 175; Im a young 'un (under 30), flying solo with no partner or kiddies - simple pimple i'd say!

I understand the Priority 3 has up to an 18 month wait.

As nurses are a priority, spec MH as i understand, will it take that long, or do I slide up the Priority 3 cue? :eek:

Thanks lots!

Meme :wacko:

Hi Meme,I dont think the process speeds up any.I too am a staff nurse and applied for my 175 visa earlier this year,to my knowledge im looking at a processing time of 18-24 months.If you hear anything different id be grateful if you could let me know.good luck,Lynne xx

Hi Meme,I dont think the process speeds up any.I too am a staff nurse and applied for my 175 visa earlier this year,to my knowledge im looking at a processing time of 18-24 months.If you hear anything different id be grateful if you could let me know.good luck,Lynne xx

yes i think this is something that all nurses would love to find out, do we actually get priority, or is it all a myth and said to make us apply, to create more money for DIAC etc.

Hi all

I just want to share the news that I got approved yesterday. I was on category 3 and used the agent to submit DRC even though I did everything on my own when I first submitted the application. Through this forum I obtained information on DRC and thus was able to act on it. It took only 3 weeks after DRC submission. It does show that at the moment with the priority listing, if you are on cat 3 and onshore, submitting DRC does help.

Thanks to everyone and all the best.

Cheers

RT

Hi can any body suggest whether it is worth for rechecking ielts i have 7, 7.5 7 and 6 in writing. Shoul i put all the modules or just one.

:unsure:

Hi can any body suggest whether it is worth for rechecking ielts i have 7, 7.5 7 and 6 in writing. Shoul i put all the modules or just one.

i had similar case. I got 6.5 in speaking but around 8 (cant remember exactly) in all the other modules. I applied for re-checking and was upgraded to 7. I think, your writing and speaking scores can be changed because they are subjective.

Good luck

Guest Mongobear

Same here. I had 6.5 in speaking and was upgraded to 7.5 after 8 weeks of waiting. So if you've got time and you think you've done better that 6.5 you should give it a shot.

Hi all

Through this forum I obtained information on DRC and thus was able to act on it. It took only 3 weeks after DRC submission. It does show that at the moment with the priority listing, if you are on cat 3 and onshore, submitting DRC does help.

Cheers

RT

Congratulations ! I am happy for you :-)

I don't see how it proves that DRC does work. Maybe it was luck of the Irish !?:wink:

Hi all

I just want to share the news that I got approved yesterday. I was on category 3 and used the agent to submit DRC even though I did everything on my own when I first submitted the application. Through this forum I obtained information on DRC and thus was able to act on it. It took only 3 weeks after DRC submission. It does show that at the moment with the priority listing, if you are on cat 3 and onshore, submitting DRC does help.

Cheers

RT

hi, can you please tell me what DRC stands for lol:goofy:

Guest itsSHIRLEY

I am a staff nurse and i will soon apply for the 176 (queensland) state sponsership visa, which will be priority 3 as it is not the SMP. I will now have to wait 18-24 months. I contacted the DIAC as thier website states that doctors and nurses will receive priority, this is obviously rubbish, thier reply was to state the levels of proirity for everyone. The diac should not have that statement and take it off thier site as it is misleading.

Congratulations ! I am happy for you :-)

I don't see how it proves that DRC does work. Maybe it was luck of the Irish !?:wink:

Thanks.

May be but how can DIAC process April 2010 application (my application date 30 April 2010) when their cat 3 onshore application processing is currently at 15 January 2009? Only after submitting DRC, my status changed to ABPF and 2 weeks of that I was granted visa.

Archived