Skilled Visa Applications: Priority Category 3

Alan Collett

Good news, I am trying to work out when they will get round to mine, October 2008.

Hi Warren & Liz

This news keeps getting better, I'm June 2008 and hope to be hot on your heels soon. Sooooo excited hope the election doesn't change anything for us again?

Mrs Murky

Hello Mark and Murky and anyone else who would like to join.

I am running a thread for all category 3's. If you are in this category please add your information and keep up to date with any movement and changes.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

Regards

Connie

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JK2510
I think the cases we have seen that have got Co's/Visas just lately that applied recently ie 2010 are the leftover CSL ones that were already in the pipeline, dont you think??

Do you all think that once these elections are over that things will start moving a bit quicker?? We will all be waiting to 2011 the rate the ASPC are going at the moment!!

Hi,

Do you remember the sept 23rd changes?? Some of the applicants that had COs and they advised to have meds and pccs done were then chucked into cat 5 and were told a 2012 date!! It was very unfair! so I do wonder when they revoked the CSL why are these applicants still get a priority?! It makes no sense.

I also think the case of Stephen and his grant was pot luck,but now I think many 2010 applicants think the same will happen with them. DIAC is sending mixed messages.

We are a march 09 applicant and ASPC are currently working on April 2008. We could be waiting many month before they get to us.

A rather loopy

Guest Turabul

Hi abi turabul here 24yrs old 175 visa application lodged and conformation rcvd on 28/9/09

TRA- successful as a first class welder- 4 years experience. IELTS 7.0 overall band score, all submitted with application. Almost an year now...can some one advise me as by when will I get a CO and visa finalized please.........

From an exchange with the ASPC I understand there were a few applications with CSL occupations that were processed up to the announcement of the change of priorities on 14/07/2010.

This most probably explains the few cases noted above that were granted quickly.

Best regards.

Usually means submitting your medical examinations and police clearance certificates before they are requested by the Department of Immigration.

Doing so can expedite the processing of the visa application.

The risk is that an extended processing time can mean having to incur costs for repeating them - meds and police clearances are generally only valid for 12 months, although case officers have a general discretion to extend their validity by 3 months (occasionally for 6).

Hope this helps.

Usually means submitting your medical examinations and police clearance certificates before they are requested by the Department of Immigration.

Doing so can expedite the processing of the visa application.

The risk is that an extended processing time can mean having to incur costs for repeating them - meds and police clearances are generally only valid for 12 months, although case officers have a general discretion to extend their validity by 3 months (occasionally for 6).

Hope this helps.

Hi Alan,

There is news in the other threads that DIAC will assign COs to Cat3 applications from Feb 2008 to Feb 2010 in the next 3 months. Is that accurate? Thanks.

Guest Turabul
Hi Alan,

There is news in the other threads that DIAC will assign COs to Cat3 applications from Feb 2008 to Feb 2010 in the next 3 months. Is that accurate? Thanks.

hi eric just for info which other thread was that on ???..if that is the case that m so glad things might move faster now...Fingers crossed :biggrin:

Hi Alan,

I can't confirm, but it sounds plausible in the absence of any State Migration Plans.

Best regards.

Guest shirazeram
I can't confirm, but it sounds plausible in the absence of any State Migration Plans.

Best regards.

Hi Eric and Alan,

I called immi about 3 weeks ago and they told me that they are handling feb 2008 and for my case which is 04/2009 : advised that in 3-4 month I will have answer about CO. It is first time I heard (from Eric) that they are going to allocate CO for all feb 2008 to feb 2010 in next 3 month!! If that is true then it is the best news!

Eric: Could you please give the reference?

Thanks

Hi Eric and Alan,

I called immi about 3 weeks ago and they told me that they are handling feb 2008 and for my case which is 04/2009 : advised that in 3-4 month I will have answer about CO. It is first time I heard (from Eric) that they are going to allocate CO for all feb 2008 to feb 2010 in next 3 month!! If that is true then it is the best news!

Eric: Could you please give the reference?

Thanks

Read it here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migrat...sa-status.html

See comment of loopylas

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Alan,

Hi Eric

Are you sure that this applies when an the person is seeking an offshore GSM visa as well as the onshore ones, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest JK2510
Hi Eric

Are you sure that this applies when an the person is seeking an offshore GSM visa as well as the onshore ones, please?

Cheers

Gill

Hi gill,

the lady that was told about the 2yrs of applications in a few months is from

England. So I should think it's offshore applications. It did sound rather optimistic for my liking! As much as I wish it was true.

Guest shirazeram
Read it here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migrat...sa-status.html

See comment of loopylas[/quote

Checked the link above again. Correction: 3-4 months of backlog in 1 month. Not Feb 2008-2010 in the next 3 months. But if they can do 4 months of backlog in a month, they'll be done in 6 months (6 months x 4 = 24 months of backlog). Not bad at all!

Thank you Eric,

As I said: she said to me that it would take 3-4 month to get through 1 year accumulated applications.

Guest cyprus2008

HI

IM ABIT CONFUSED AFTER READING SOME POSTS ON HERE REGARDING WHEN TO GET MEDICALS DONE. I LODGED MY APPLICATION JULY 5TH 2010 176 ( FAMILY SPONSORED) OCCUPATION; NURSE. WHEN CHECKING MY APPLICATION STATUS ONLINE IT SAYS HEALTH REQUIREMENTS OUTSTANDING AND THE RELEVANT MEDICAL CHECKS REQUIRED, DOES THIS MEAN I NEED TO GET THEM DONE AS SOON AS OR WAIT FOR A CO TO BE ALLOCATED?

A VERY CONFUSED WELSH NURSE:confused:

Guest JK2510

To my knowledge a CO will let you know when you need to get meds and pccs done.

There has been posts on PIO recently where people are getting meds done before they get allocated a CO. I think the timeline for visa processing is an 18-24 month wait post July 2010. Because your a nurse they may rush you through. I haven't a clue. I have seen one or two nurses posting on PIO recently. There is a lady that goes by user name it's shirley. I'm sure she's nurse.

Guest cyprus2008

thank u for advice, you dont really know if your doing the right thing or the wrong some times with this visa process!

Guest Turabul

You have applied for an offshore visa? im on 886 on shore visa and ive waited for 12 months, as im on group 4 now, which is a very long wait, what group are you on??

i called up the other day and they told me another 2-3 years from 2011 (my orginal finalised date) so it seems if your in caterogry 4 your will be finalised by 2012-2013 as well.... if your on group 3 which your occupations on cat 3 it would be at the beginning of next yr

blackberry

175 (Medical Scientist)

Applied on April 2008, CO allocated 12.08.2010, priority cat 3, Medicals and PCC requested, Meds already submitted, PCC in progress.

will be living in Melbourne

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/44217-visa-update-72.html

please note the sentences in red..if its true then hopefully we can expect something for most of us who fall in to cat 3 from now till at least first quarter 2011 and blackberry applied 175 cat 3 in April 08 has got the CO so things are moving....fingers crossed i hope soon DIAC will move to 2009 applications

Guest noskich

Hi, Since there are no state sponsorship lists yet does that mean that the applications that fall under schedule 3 will be processed right after ENS applications? Could that mean that they may be processed very fast in a few months? Thanks

Hi, Since there are no state sponsorship lists yet does that mean that the applications that fall under schedule 3 will be processed right after ENS applications? Could that mean that they may be processed very fast in a few months? Thanks

Yes, they are currently processing CAT 3 applications in the absence of SMP's .

I think "fast" and DIAC are two incompatible things. :goofy:

Guest Roxinha

Hi Moto,

Are you sure about that? Because 18 to 24 months waiting is too much...:sad:

BTW I´m new here... it´s my first post but i´ve been following this forum for months.

Guest ice907
Hi Moto,

BTW I´m new here... it´s my first post but i´ve been following this forum for months.

Blackberry,he has been waiting for 30 months and finally,got his visa yesterday,

18-24 seems better for us,at least for me:)

Hi Moto,

Blackberry,he has been waiting for 30 months and finally,got his visa yesterday,

18-24 seems better for us,at least for me:)

Hi Friends,

My case is in Australia Migration System for 31 Months and still waiting for visa.:radar:

Archived