Skilled Visa Applications: Priority Category 3

Alan Collett

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A quick note to advise that the ASPC is presently allocating to case officers skilled visa applications with occupations on the new SOL that were lodged in February 2008.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

Thanks for the information!! Any opinion on those who had lodged on July '10 very recently, who has SS and exists on Schedule 3... :confused: And i am worried, i just front loaded Medicals with out any request from CO. but the online status shows " MEDICALS FINALISED" :cool:

Thanks

Hi rebejes3 !

May i ask you, how did you frond load your medicals?

I did my medicals before i applied. Got the sealed envelop from Medibank . Submitted all documents on 17th August 2010, but i have a message saying that medicals are outstanding when i go online to check the status of my application.

How long did you wait for "MEDICALS FINALISED" sign to appear?

Thank a lot.

Hi rebejes3 !

May i ask you, how did you frond load your medicals?

I did my medicals before i applied. Got the sealed envelop from Medibank . Submitted all documents on 17th August 2010, but i have a message saying that medicals are outstanding when i go online to check the status of my application.

How long did you wait for "MEDICALS FINALISED" sign to appear?

Thank a lot.

HI MOTO

actually the health team who did medical examination posted the results to the Sydney office with my knowledge.. It took approximately 2 weeks for the online status to be changed as FINALISED :yes:, but within a week status showed as " medical results referred"

After that no change.... :nah:

Now fingers crossed and waiting for CO :notworthy:

Could you please share your timeline with the type of visa and occupation?/

Thanks

Guest rupani
A quick note to advise that the ASPC is presently allocating to case officers skilled visa applications with occupations on the new SOL that were lodged in February 2008.

Best regards.

Hi,

In other thread I have noticed that CO has been assigned to April's applicants also.

Regards

HI MOTO

actually the health team who did medical examination posted the results to the Sydney office with my knowledge.. It took approximately 2 weeks for the online status to be changed as FINALISED :yes:, but within a week status showed as " medical results referred"

After that no change.... :nah:

Now fingers crossed and waiting for CO :notworthy:

Could you please share your timeline with the type of visa and occupation?/

Thanks

Hay

I too did meds last friday. Today I saw my online status changed "medical results referred".

Hope this will fast the processing.

Cheers.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Yes Alan, you are right. I am Feb-2008 applicant and I have been awarded CO on 27 July. I have fulfilled all requested documents on 4th august, after that no movement in my case and not in others too, who got the CO in July, in Cat-3.

What could be reason for slow processing after the allocation of CO? :unsure:

Regards,

Hi ;-)

My timeline as follows:

Applied for 175 visa on 17th August 2010, Occupation Accountant, Medicals were done in July 2010, IELTS passed and qualifications assessed by CPA Australia in July 2010. Waiting for CO :biggrin:

Guest ice907
Hi Alan,

Yes Alan, you are right. I am Feb-2008 applicant and I have been awarded CO on 27 July. I have fulfilled all requested documents on 4th august, after that no movement in my case and not in others too, who got the CO in July, in Cat-3.

Regards,

right, almost a month,was curious why take so long.

and the processing of CO allocating seems unmoving these days.

worried....

Hi Alan

Thanks for the information!! Any opinion on those who had lodged on July '10 very recently, who has SS and exists on Schedule 3... :confused: And i am worried, i just front loaded Medicals with out any request from CO. but the online status shows " MEDICALS FINALISED" :cool:

Thanks

My opinion is that your application will not be processed in the next few months (and maybe not until the next program year) unless your occupation appears on a SMP.

I am assuming you have lodged an offshore skilled visa application.

Why did you front load with medicals when the timeline for your visa application is so uncertain? Are you happy to incur the cost of doing them again?

Best regards.

Guest Jamie Smith

What a shambles.

The SOL represents researched occupations that specifically faced chronic shortages and will continue to be in short supply for longer than Australia's training could accommodate.

And it takes DIAC 18 months to get around to processing them. :goofy:

Hi Alan,

Regards,

Frankly - I have no idea, but as it is only a couple of weeks since you "fulfilled all requested documents" (I'm not sure what you mean by this) I suggest you are worrying unnecessarily soon.

Send a Post Lodgment Enquiry if you want to follow up with the ASPC - or enquire of your agent (if you have one).

Best regards.

Guest ice907
My opinion is that your application will not be processed in the next few months (and maybe not until the next program year) unless your occupation appears on a SMP.

I am assuming you have lodged an offshore skilled visa application.

Why did you front load with medicals when the timeline for your visa application is so uncertain? Are you happy to incur the cost of doing them again?

Best regards.

Hi,Alan,thanks for the information.

But as I konw some guys lodged after July,2010,175 subclass, have been assigned CO,and quickly been visa granted in a month.

That's quite weried.

I don't know that means the real processing arrangement or just "weried case",anyway,this makes the old Cat3 applications frustrated.

Hi,Alan,thanks for the information.

But as I konw some guys lodged after July,2010,175 subclass, have been assigned CO,and quickly been visa granted in a month.

That's quite weried.

I don't know that means the real processing arrangement or just "weried case",anyway,this makes the old Cat3 applications frustrated.

If you have specific examples of this taking place please send me a PM and I will take them to the ASPC.

I cannot see a reason why new applicants should be processed ahead of those that have been waiting for more than a couple of years.

Best regards.

[quote=Alan Collett;838437

I cannot see a reason why new applicants should be processed ahead of those that have been waiting for more than a couple of years.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan for saying this there are a lot of 2008 applicants that have waited patiently for a number of years for their application to be dealt with by a CO, but also an increasing number of new applicatants that seem to be spitting their dummies out because thier case hasn't been deallt with within a couple of months. It does get a bit annoying.

Murky

Frankly - I have no idea, but as it is only a couple of weeks since you "fulfilled all requested documents" (I'm not sure what you mean by this) I suggest you are worrying unnecessarily soon.

Send a Post Lodgment Enquiry if you want to follow up with the ASPC - or enquire of your agent (if you have one).

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I mean to say some of the applicants got their visa grant very quickly and others waiting for three, four or five months after the CO.

I am not worrying at the movement regarding my case but, yes I will have to be worried after the election because, after the election another round of change priority and regime changes will start.

I lost the opportunity to be processed my case in May 09 when 1st CSL was changed then lost the second priority (SSV) in September 09. I am scared because I don’t want to lose this opportunity this time.

I hope all cases (at list who have the CO presently) will be finalized before the new round of changes.

Regards,

Guest VickyMel
Hi Alan

Thanks

From previous posts from people who have front-loaded - I think that the people who go through the Meds when they arrive are a different set of people to the COs. The Meds get sorted out pretty much straight away and will show finalised or referred soon after they have been lodged whatever the stage or priority of your application.

I lost the opportunity to be processed my case in May 09 when 1st CSL was changed then lost the second priority (SSV) in September 09. I am scared because I don’t want to lose this opportunity this time.

Fingers crossed for you Pinal for 3rd time lucky!

I will be very pleased when I see your visa granted.

VickyMel

Hi Alan

We are Feb 2008 applicants and have also been allocated CO on 27 July 2010.

Liz x

Hi Warren & Liz

This news keeps getting better, I'm June 2008 and hope to be hot on your heels soon. Sooooo excited hope the election doesn't change anything for us again?

Mrs Murky

Time line: TRA March 09 / SS for WA - Feb 10 /application lodged (skilled 176) July 1st / CO - July 21st 10 / Meds & PC's - July 26th 10 / Visa Granted - 4th Aug..!!!!

Hi Stephen,

May I know your occupation please? And what is your status in the online application? Are all of your docs marked as "met"?

I’m curious coz you are among the few who are given a CO who is not a 2008 applicant.

Thanks and regards,

Aslan

I think the cases we have seen that have got Co's/Visas just lately that applied recently ie 2010 are the leftover CSL ones that were already in the pipeline, dont you think??

Do you all think that once these elections are over that things will start moving a bit quicker?? We will all be waiting to 2011 the rate the ASPC are going at the moment!!

Archived