Good luck to those returning soon

Guest valleylass

Guest valleylass

I just wanted to wish you all the best on your return (Connie and Dawny) who are going soon and Oz Sceptic, Famous Five and Mr Catania who'll be going before the year is out. Anyone else who I've missed apologies and please feel free to add to the thread.

The things that have been great on our return:

Job opportunities

Quality of schooling for the children

Proximity to galleries/gigs/theatre

Price of second hand cars

Rolling misty hills

Rain that soaks you through

Beautiful sunny days..........

I just wanted to wish you all the best on your return (Connie and Dawny) who are going soon and Oz Sceptic, Famous Five and Mr Catania who'll be going before the year is out. Anyone else who I've missed apologies and please feel free to add to the thread.

Job opportunities

Rolling misty hills

Many thanks valleylass! Not long for us now, just a week to go! Great to hear all the positives, :wubclub:

Dawn x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hope it works out for you all, please keep us updated and let us know how things really are back in the UK.

Kate

Job opportunities

Rolling misty hills

Thanks VL we are only a week after Dawny and a few days before Oz...cannot wait even though it's only 2 weeks away it feels ages and even though we are on the other side of the world it really is like the moon:arghh:.....thanks for your best wishes and hear from you on the other side:hug:

Thanks to the sentiment of the thread Valleylass. Good to see that people are excited to be returning. I look forward to the day when we have completed unfinished business and return to where we ought to be. In saying that, I look forward to making the most of this great land in the interim. It has at the end of the day given us a fantastic experience, brought closure to that unsettled feeling that made us come over here in the first place (the grass is very green in the UK afterall:wink:) and finally our two beautiful sons.

Good luck to all those returning and those departing!!

Yes, best wishes and Good Luck to all. Hope you have good flights back. I will never forget the feeling I had when we touched down at Heathrow...an overwhelming feeling of being "Home", and I still have that now. I now KNOW that this is where I'm meant to be in the world and I appreciate the UK much more than I ever did before. Glad my Aussie hubby loves it here too..must be terrible to feel torn between the two places.

Good luck you guys! At this moment I am very :daydreaming::chatterbox::eek::skeptical: (that's green, by the way) with envy (shame we dont have an envious emoticon!)

I will be following in 10 weeks but only for 5 (and a bit) weeks' holiday. I shall make the most of it - that will make over 2 months in UK this year. My next trip is scheduled for Aug/Sep 2011 when my son gets married and we will all be going (we hope). This time it is just me.

I hope everything goes brilliantly for you all - how wonderful to be able to reclaim your life and your self!

Guest famousfive

Thank you very much,it's nice to read posts from people who are happy with their decision to return.We have a while to go yet but may end up back by xmas,returning to Ireland but plan a few days in England too on the way to catch up with friends,can't wait to be honest but the FIL is very ill and we will stay with him as long as we can,home will still be there but he may not be with us much longer so making the most of it while we can.

we have decided to move back to the UK in Dec, we have enjoyed the time and experience her but its just not the same without family and friends,

i think we left it to late in life to do the move [im 45] and my kids just didnt want to settle here, but for any young people with young kids its a brill place to bring them up. i will miss the weather but hay ho you cant have everything lol

juliep

we have decided to move back to the UK in Dec, we have enjoyed the time and experience her but its just not the same without family and friends,

i think we left it to late in life to do the move [im 45] and my kids just didnt want to settle here, but for any young people with young kids its a brill place to bring them up. i will miss the weather but hay ho you cant have everything lol

juliep

When did you decide to move back Julie and how long have you been here?

Soooo green with envy to all you returnees.....although in saying that, I am heading back that way at the end of October, but only for 4 weeks.....think OH might have a problem getting me on the plane for the return journey though !!!!!!

Hoping that OH will see that the UK (Scotland) is where we need to be.

Moving back 'home' should never be classed as a failure - we have had an opportunity that most people can only dream about.

Good luck and best wishes to all returnees.

Gill

Guest valleylass
been here since April 2009, we have give it a go and now want to return to uk

juliep

Good luck with the return juliep, if you need any pointers or sympathy you now where we are!

Archived