2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mirob
Holy crap, my application just got approved this very second.

IT ONLY TOOK THREE YEARS.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, that's totally awesome!!!! huge congrats sysctl!!! :hug:

Guest dinhkhoi

PR application?

Guest mirob

So you sent the re-assessment to them yesterday and you got it granted today? How come you had a CO before you sent the re-assessment?

You're in priority Group 3, right? The spreadsheet shows P4.

Guest dinhkhoi

Hey congratulation man......must be very happy nowww.....:jiggy:

Guest sysctl
So you sent the re-assessment to them yesterday and you got it granted today? How come you had a CO before you sent the re-assessment?

You're in priority Group 3, right? The spreadsheet shows P4.

I've sent me reassessment yesterday to their general email, and forwarded it at 9am this morning to CO team's email just in case. Never got any G3 confirmation.

I also got my medical check results in mail yesterday, so all documents were in place since yesterday.

Guest mirob
I've sent me reassessment yesterday to their general email, and forwarded it at 9am this morning to CO team's email just in case. Never got any G3 confirmation.

I also got my medical check results in mail yesterday, so all documents were in place since yesterday.

yup cool but my question is, how come you had a CO allocated to your application on 07/03/2011?

it seems DIAC is really keen to get rid of the 2231-79 backlog :wink:

Guest sysctl
yup cool but my question is, how come you had a CO allocated to your application on 07/03/2011?

it seems DIAC is really keen to get rid of the 2231-79 backlog :wink:

My theory is that they cooperate with ACS to get a list of applicants who are likely to be moved to CAT3, so they can request missing documents upfront. After all, 2231-79 is a sizable share of applicants. At least, sizable enough for both ACS and DIAC to take note and make exceptions with regards to tweaking your nominated occupation (the whole cat 4 -> cat 3 transition saga).

Guest mirob
My theory is that they cooperate with ACS to get a list of applicants who are likely to be moved to CAT3, so they can request missing documents upfront. After all, 2231-79 is a sizable share of applicants. At least, sizable enough for both ACS and DIAC to take note and make exceptions with regards to tweaking your nominated occupation (the whole cat 4 -> cat 3 transition saga).

So you just got a CO suddenly without a re-assessment?

Sorry, I still don't get it. Does that mean I might have a CO even if I'm still in Cat 4?

Guest dinhkhoi

all good man...as long as u got ur PR....cheers.....hope the rest of us will get our PR soon.....:biglaugh:

Guest sysctl
So you just got a CO suddenly without a re-assessment?

Sorry, I still don't get it. Does that mean I might have a CO even if I'm still in Cat 4?

Maybe. They don't officially let you know when you have a CO. I think "CO Allocation Date" should be interpreted as "The day I've heard from the CO for the first time". For all I know, I could have a CO since 11/2008 when my application went into ABPF stage.

Guest sysctl
Guys, all the things in my document checklist turned to "Received" today. How many days now?

If you go by my application, only 853 days to go!

Guest saanii
Guys, all the things in my document checklist turned to "Received" today. How many days now?

21/09/2009 Birth certificate or other evidence of age Received

:D

Received word from my agent that once security checks are done, I'll have my TR & PR granted same time (TR slightly before PR so it doesn't cancel it out). So to put it in chronological order:

28/03: CO was allocated. Asked agent for docs. I thought he sent it but didn't, he just waited for CO to be allocated.

29/03: Agent sent the PCC + form 80 + form 1023. Also asked my TR application to be withdrawn.

30/03: CO replied saying that shouldn't be necessary, once all checks are done and I am eligible for grant, they'll grant my TR and then PR.

So if you guys have a TR application waiting, then tell your CO (when you get allocated) that you have a pending TR application and to either process it first before PR or have it withdrawn.

Guest dinhkhoi
Received word from my agent that once security checks are done, I'll have my TR & PR granted same time (TR slightly before PR so it doesn't cancel it out). So to put it in chronological order:

28/03: CO was allocated. Asked agent for docs. I thought he sent it but didn't, he just waited for CO to be allocated.

29/03: Agent sent the PCC + form 80 + form 1023. Also asked my TR application to be withdrawn.

30/03: CO replied saying that shouldn't be necessary, once all checks are done and I am eligible for grant, they'll grant my TR and then PR.

So if you guys have a TR application waiting, then tell your CO (when you get allocated) that you have a pending TR application and to either process it first before PR or have it withdrawn.

r u cat 3 or 4 please? i think u r going to get ur PR granted very soon...

Guest mirob

Do we still have to send Form 1023? There's no mention of it in the ACS Review

I've got the following ready:

1. Form 80

2. Form 1221

3. Medicals

4. Police Check AU

5. Police Check Overseas

Guest sTiLlWaItInG

:chatterbox::chatterbox: my ACS online status changed to with Assessor this morning!!!

might get it very sooooooon... :wideeyed::wideeyed:

Archived