2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mirob
Ok guys,

My PR has been approved.

Thank you very much to all. I have updated the spreadsheet as well. Hopefully you will get PR soon as well.

Awesome news mrright!!! congrats! :hug:

Ok guys,

My PR has been approved.

Thank you very much to all. I have updated the spreadsheet as well. Hopefully you will get PR soon as well.

Congrats - fantastic!!!:biggrin:

Hopefully India wins the match tonight. Go India. Bleed Blue.

GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr no way.... go lions .... bring us fame!!! :cool:

Guest umairghias
GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr no way.... go lions .... bring us fame!!! :cool:

Lets see Pakis goooooooooooooooo

Guest mrright
Lets see Pakis goooooooooooooooo

Can't wait for today's match. Cannot concentrate on work.

Hopefully will get second good news as well today. Go India.

Guest mirob

Who's messing up with the spreadsheet? Someone's removed Mongobear (18 weeks waiting time and he's still waiting) and the one that was below him.

Guest sysctl
Rage is that they DO NOT do what they said. They claimed 12 weeks but not everyone is 12 weeks. If so is what they say ligitimate? Why should I wait then? I just want to confirm that how long does it take and I think that is completely reasonable for an applicant who has been waiting for more than 11 weeks.

Sorry, I don't see the logic here. Are you saying that if some applications are easier to process and take less than 12 weeks, then it's "unfair" to those whose applications take longer? I see absolutely no practical reason for holding up easy applications. In fact, processing some applications faster frees up resources for other pending applications.

Hi Skyrocket

Did ACS ask you to send documents again?

"advise that your previous documents are not able to be retrieved"

like that?

Does this ("advise that your previous documents are not able to be retrieved") statement display in the status area of the ACS 'application status' page ?

if yes then no, my status has been "In process" since Feb 21st. Just been 7+ weeks for me though...

Does this ("advise that your previous documents are not able to be retrieved") statement display in the status area of the ACS 'application status' page ?

if yes then no, my status has been "In process" since Feb 21st. Just been 7+ weeks for me though...

No. It was not on Status

I Received a Email from Them to send document again, as they could not retrieve my old documents"

Guest newguy2010
Sorry, I don't see the logic here. Are you saying that if some applications are easier to process and take less than 12 weeks, then it's "unfair" to those whose applications take longer? I see absolutely no practical reason for holding up easy applications. In fact, processing some applications faster frees up resources for other pending applications.

Really? Then many people should be happy staying in Cat 4 then because DIAC is freeing up resources by granting visas to Cat 3 and those who applied in 2008 should be happy to wait until all the fresh graduates in 2010 get their PR. I am sure not everyone agree with this though.

Guest sysctl
Really? Then many people should be happy staying in Cat 4 then because DIAC is freeing up resources by granting visas to Cat 3 and those who applied in 2008 should be happy to wait until all the fresh graduates in 2010 get their PR. I am sure not everyone agree with this though.

This is a terrible analogy.

ACS service standard: 12 weeks. Met.

DIAC service standard: 6 months. Not met.

That's as black and white as it gets.

Guest newguy2010
This is a terrible analogy.

ACS service standard: 12 weeks. Met.

DIAC service standard: 6 months. Not met.

That's as black and white as it gets.

It's not the time that matters. It's the uncertainty that kills. Everyone here should be able to understand that.

Guest sysctl
It's not the time that matters. It's the uncertainty that kills. Everyone here should be able to understand that.

Here, let me clear up any uncertainty about ACS processing that you've ever had: it takes up to 12 weeks. If it goes over 12 weeks, then start worrying. Your application is not over 12 weeks, no reason to worry yet.

Observe the groundbreaking application of logic in the above paragraph.

Guest newguy2010
Here, let me clear up any uncertainty about ACS processing that you've ever had: it takes up to 12 weeks. If it goes over 12 weeks, then start worrying. Your application is not over 12 weeks, no reason to worry yet.

Observe the groundbreaking application of logic in the above paragraph.

If that's your conclusion then you are wrong. Please take a second look at their policy. They have changed it to at least 12 weeks. I know you've submitted the reassessment long ago. Please don't use the old information to mislead people.

Guest sysctl
If that's your conclusion then you are wrong. Please take a second look at their policy. They have changed it to at least 12 weeks. I know you've submitted the reassessment long ago. Please don't use the old information to mislead people.

That still doesn't invalidate what I said. If your application is not older than 12 weeks, you don't have the right to complain. Over 12 weeks: you may have a right to complain. Anyone who complains that their application does not get processed in under 12 weeks engages in pointless whining. There, I said it.

Guest newguy2010
That still doesn't invalidate what I said. If your application is not older than 12 weeks, you don't have the right to complain. Over 12 weeks: you may have a right to complain. Anyone who complains that their application does not get processed in under 12 weeks engages in pointless whining. There, I said it.

I only know I have the right to know the truth. Moreover if that is what you mean they wouldn't even give you a break after 12 weeks because god knows how long it would take?

It is AT LEAST 12 weeks, that is > 12 weeks, which means it can take forever and they can still claim they are innocent. Are you going to wait forever by then?

Guest mirob

You always have the right to complain. It's a service you pay for. And it's the government! You always have the right to complain.

Freedom of speech, eh? If we didn't complain about anything the government tells us to comply with, where would this society be?

Guest sysctl
You always have the right to complain. It's a service you pay for. And it's the government! You always have the right to complain.

Freedom of speech, eh? If we didn't complain about anything the government tells us to comply with, where would this society be?

Did ACS let you know the timeframe for processing? Yes.

Did your application run over the stated timeframe limits? No.

Can you complain about them not exceeding their service standard? Can you honestly answer "yes" to this question?

Guest sysctl
I only know I have the right to know the truth. Moreover if that is what you mean they wouldn't even give you a break after 12 weeks because god knows how long it would take?

It is AT LEAST 12 weeks, that is > 12 weeks, which means it can take forever and they can still claim they are innocent. Are you going to wait forever by then?

Did your application take over 12 weeks? NO. Are you complaining preemptively just in case it takes over 12 weeks? Only Mongobear may have the reason to be worried at this point (12y+ experience takes a while to verify, though).

Archived