2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

Guest umairghias

hi all ,

it looks like many people are re assessing......... Do more people need to call the diac and confirm that they are saying the same thing before we guys proceed .

?

I will also call them ......................

Regards,

Umair

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mongobear

I'd wait for an officially released information on the part of the DIAC before wasting even more money. The whole department will most probably be turned inside out during the next months (bye bye Mr. Metalcafe & Evans) and nobody knows what their successors will do about the current situation.

I agree with Mongobear. Even though the replies are consistent, quite a lot is going on at the moment. If one thing I learnt from the past, it would be waiting and seeing what happens instead of rushing.

If for whatever reason DIAC refuses your new PASA, you won't have a case to fight it out as there was no official release that they will accept your ANZSCO.

I believe DIAC is already starting the ANZSCO mapping for IT occupations. Its advisable to wait and see how that turns out.

Guest chajath
Evan's latest gag...................

Australia continues to welcome international students

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

I don't know what to say. I SOOO hoped they lose the election.

I agree with Mongobear. Even though the replies are consistent, quite a lot is going on at the moment. If one thing I learnt from the past, it would be waiting and seeing what happens instead of rushing.

If for whatever reason DIAC refuses your new PASA, you won't have a case to fight it out as there was no official release that they will accept your ANZSCO.

I believe DIAC is already starting the ANZSCO mapping for IT occupations. Its advisable to wait and see how that turns out.

I do not believe that there is any chance they will bump all those with the '2231-79 computing professional' ASCO code straight into category 3. If indeed they decide to do something, they would almost certainly ask us to apply for a reassessment and obtain an ANZSCO code.

I do not believe that there is any chance they will bump all those with the '2231-79 computing professional' ASCO code straight into category 3. If indeed they decide to do something, they would almost certainly ask us to apply for a reassessment and obtain an ANZSCO code.

If they map us to cat3 occupation why not?

That's how accountants got bumped up.

Evan's latest gag...................

Australia continues to welcome international students

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

What a bunch of misleading crap. He's talking about figures from last year, so students who arrived at the start of 2009 and thus would have applied in 2008 when none of this farce had kicked off. The drop in applications this year has been very bad. Lets wait till next year and see what the figures are like!

He then goes on to try and blame the situation on the system they inherited (bull$hit) and dodgy students referrring to "fraudulent applications" and says this is why there was an explosion in student numbers !!! WTF!!! So it had nothing to do with the carrot of PR did it? Fraudulent Government more like.

Then he says other countries are following Australia's lead, err no they're not, he's taken this story:

BBC News - Student immigration levels unsustainable, says minister

and tried to claim the UK is following Australia. There is no way in hell that what they have perpetrated here would happen in the UK, there would be a major backlash and demonstrations.

And then we finally get a reference to the PR through "low quality education courses" (that YOUR GOVERNMENT AUTHORISED) and saying this "incentive" has been removed.

How did these lying, disingenous b*stards get back into power?

Guest newguy2010
What a bunch of misleading crap. He's talking about figures from last year, so students who arrived at the start of 2009 and thus would have applied in 2008 when none of this farce had kicked off. The drop in applications this year has been very bad. Lets wait till next year and see what the figures are like!

He then goes on to try and blame the situation on the system they inherited (bull$hit) and dodgy students referrring to "fraudulent applications" and says this is why there was an explosion in student numbers !!! WTF!!! So it had nothing to do with the carrot of PR did it? Fraudulent Government more like.

Then he says other countries are following Australia's lead, err no they're not, he's taken this story:

and tried to claim the UK is following Australia. There is no way in hell that what they have perpetrated here would happen in the UK, there would be a major backlash and demonstrations.

And then we finally get a reference to the PR through "low quality education courses" (that YOUR GOVERNMENT AUTHORISED) and saying this "incentive" has been removed.

Generally speaking I think the education I received in Australia is just like "low quality education", although it is authorised by the Australia government. It is not at par with my own country which has higher requirements of accepting new students and more responsible lecturers. On top of that I have to pay 20 times of the tuition fees of the education in my own country. There is close to none scholarship offered to students. I really don't know where Australia's future will go to, without a competent education system.

Can't stop wondering about these B*&^ards comments....... did we approve the dodgy collages?? CANNOT GILLARD for godsake see nor hear this disingenous remarks ? I don't know.....

So is this D*&head implying that we are all dodgy students and thats why he put us into CAT4 with no definite processing time? I don't know!!!

I'm sick of this gibirish!

Hi Newguy2010 !

Depends on Uni, of course. Unis like Melbourne, Sydney and ANU are a bit better than the rest of them , but still don't even come close to european unis, which i must add are free !!! . For example, you can study in France for free if you know French as is the case with Germany. Up until couple of years ago education in Germany was absolutely free, now they introduced some fees , which are not very high, like 300 euros per semester or something. Yes, couldn't agree with you more that education in this country sucks.

Guys given the rate they are going,I think by starting next year ,they may be opening cat 4 files...

On the other thread i read a guy with July 2009 Application of cat 3 got the visa....

Lets see how SS Plan works out...

Guys given the rate they are going,I think by starting next year ,they may be opening cat 4 files...

On the other thread i read a guy with July 2009 Application of cat 3 got the visa....

Lets see how SS Plan works out...

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but i can't see that happening. There will be always new applications coming in. Hence, CTA4 applications have almost no chance of being processed.

You said it yourself, CAT 3 guy. People here are stuck in CAT 4 !!!!!!!!!!!

Guest umairghias

Are all the guys going ahead with the skills assessment still ?

I have got no trust on this immigration system .

Bloody Chris evans is lying . I have never seen that many students coming anywhere in victoria.

Regards,

Umair

Guest umairghias
Because the recent ICT graduate category has too many subdivisions unlike accountants. And not everyone can be classified under the 5 occupations in the new SOL.

What about if u can get one code from new sol still there is no confirmation that diac will accept you without having to lodge a new case.

Can anyone please answer this ............

Regards,

Umair

Are all the guys going ahead with the skills assessment still ?

Umair

Some are some not. There is no straight answer to your questions because people that should be doing it (DIAC and ACS) have long abandoned it.

But if you want to take chances, get another PASA done with ANZSCO and email it to DIAC. Otherwise just wait and see if they try to address it directly or not.

Yes At least i am going fot it.Just got letter from Uni for the project i did and lets see if i fit in their 65% subjects relation formila or not!!!

I am worried because Labour is again in power,they will definately bring that C&C bill in parliament and if they cap Cat 4 Applicants, at least we will have someting to fight on in our hand in form of ANZSCO Code....

Guys I hope its not too much to ask...Please consider writting to greens and the newspaper editors through this link - Thanks

Write a Letter to the Editor | Greens MPs

The more they get on this issue we may likely be heard

Guest hajiyama
Response from Commonwealth Ombudsman: Have we reached the dead end?

Thank you very much for all those copy and pasted information, that was very informative, indeed.

I believe I have exhausted all the venue for seeking administrative measure to rectify the issue. When the July direction has first come out I thought "Oh come on, Australia can't be that bad" but now I think Australia is such place where Ministers are making all sort of absurd directions and for those who gets unfairly disadvantaged? Bad luck.

Let's all hope this barbaric government don't get to have a second term.

I have received what looks like the definitive that we are after from DIAC in relation to who we should be firing at for this mess, please read the below email. Would be interesting to see what will happen if we forward this to the ACS.

Dear ,

Thank you for your email.

From your enquiry I assume you are referring to the document, published by the Australian Computer Society and located on their website at http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/docs/PASAGuidelinesforApplicants.doc

A quick perusal of the introduction to this document appears to provide the answer to your question. My apologies for the "cut and paste" nature of this response however, as your enquiry is related to a third party organisation the only answer I can provide is one that is publicly available from the organisation itself. Your enquiry pertains to the process by which the ACS determines the suitability of applicants as ICT professionals for the purposes of skilled migration, and whether the Department of Immigration and Citizenship bears any responsibility as to the content of this document or in implementing the guidelines of said document.

I quote (with emphasis added) from page 3 of the above mentioned document:

"In accordance with Regulation 2.26B(1) of the Migration Regulations 1994 (Commonwealth Consolidated Regulations) (the Regulations), the Minister for Immigration has designated the Australian Computer Society Inc. (ACS) as a relevant assessing authority for skilled occupations as listed on the Skilled Occupations List www.immi.gov.au/allforms/.

Regulation 2.26B (2) of the Regulations provides the authority for the ACS to determine, at its sole discretion, the standards against which the skills of a person are assessed as being suitable for their nominated occupation."

Furthermore on page 4 of the document it clearly states that

"These Guidelines provide detail on the procedures used by the ACS in the consideration of applications for assessment of qualifications and work experience carried out for the purposes of migration to Australia...The ACS is not able to give prospective migrants advice on any aspect of the migration process except skills assessment."

I would therefore suggest to you that as this document is published by the ACS as the designated authority for assessing the skills of ICT professionals your questions are in fact ones which should be posed to them, as they have the sole discretion for determining and implementing their skills assessment guidelines.

I hope this has provided a definitive answer for you, the skills assessment process is one which is external to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. Any queries you have regarding this process should be made with the relevant assessing authority for your particular skills.

Yours sincerely, Aaron H

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Guest newguy2010
I have received what looks like the definitive that we are after from DIAC in relation to who we should be firing at for this mess, please read the below email. Would be interesting to see what will happen if we forward this to the ACS.

Dear ,

Thank you for your email.

From your enquiry I assume you are referring to the document, published by the Australian Computer Society and located on their website at http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/docs/PASAGuidelinesforApplicants.doc

A quick perusal of the introduction to this document appears to provide the answer to your question. My apologies for the "cut and paste" nature of this response however, as your enquiry is related to a third party organisation the only answer I can provide is one that is publicly available from the organisation itself. Your enquiry pertains to the process by which the ACS determines the suitability of applicants as ICT professionals for the purposes of skilled migration, and whether the Department of Immigration and Citizenship bears any responsibility as to the content of this document or in implementing the guidelines of said document.

I quote (with emphasis added) from page 3 of the above mentioned document:

"In accordance with Regulation 2.26B(1) of the Migration Regulations 1994 (Commonwealth Consolidated Regulations) (the Regulations), the Minister for Immigration has designated the Australian Computer Society Inc. (ACS) as a relevant assessing authority for skilled occupations as listed on the Skilled Occupations List www.immi.gov.au/allforms/.

Regulation 2.26B (2) of the Regulations provides the authority for the ACS to determine, at its sole discretion, the standards against which the skills of a person are assessed as being suitable for their nominated occupation."

Furthermore on page 4 of the document it clearly states that

"These Guidelines provide detail on the procedures used by the ACS in the consideration of applications for assessment of qualifications and work experience carried out for the purposes of migration to Australia...The ACS is not able to give prospective migrants advice on any aspect of the migration process except skills assessment."

I would therefore suggest to you that as this document is published by the ACS as the designated authority for assessing the skills of ICT professionals your questions are in fact ones which should be posed to them, as they have the sole discretion for determining and implementing their skills assessment guidelines.

I hope this has provided a definitive answer for you, the skills assessment process is one which is external to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. Any queries you have regarding this process should be made with the relevant assessing authority for your particular skills.

Yours sincerely, Aaron H

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

That's why I always think ACS is ****. I would rather pay $375 to sue ACS rather than applying for a new skill assessment. It simply sucks.

I just called DIAC and what I got was changing the skill code to a new one (once I have the reassessment done) requires submitting a new application (according to minister's(!!!) legislation guidelines). The other thing I got was "I understand your situation but I'm sorry!". Guys, we are screwed big time. I don't see any hope unless we make a move. We already paid our fees, so they no longer care about us nor need us.

Archived