Name and Shame Them

John Gilfillan

Hi All,

I get the feeling that there are a lot of Domm and Gloomers going around. I think this is the time where we should be pulling together and positively commenting and helping others. Therefore I think that anyone sounding negative from now on should be named and shamed. Then we can give them and huge hug and tell them " Its alright, everything will be OK"

We should not be subjected to negative comments as this site is an inspiration to all who are trying to realise their dream of a new life in Australia.

Negative thoughts and comments will always attract a negative outcome, so Man Up all the Negs out their and give us a smile.

Suggestions or Name and Shame below:

Name:

Negative comment :

Prescribed medicine for the Neg :

Seriously, You dont have to name them. Its only for a laugh. Hugs all round where needed

Cheers,

John:hug::hug::hug:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest36187

Negative comments are part and parcel of the course. Its just learning how to wheedle out those who are being negative (for a reaction) and those that have a real issue with something that happened!

We don't really condone Name and Shame threads John. I think that the 'negative' (for want of a better word), posts are just as important as the positive ones. You'll see from my posts that we are very happy here in Aus, but I realise others aren't ... they too use the forum to get advise and support in their journey back to the UK (or elsewhere).

From a personal point of view when I was moving to Aus these were the posts that I sought out to give me a balanced view of what lay ahead, how did people cope when they got homesick, didn't like the place the were living etc.,

Everyone has a valid point and all views will be welcomed on PIO

Guest guest37336
Hi All,

I get the feeling that there are a lot of Domm and Gloomers going around. I think this is the time where we should be pulling together and positively commenting and helping others. Therefore I think that anyone sounding negative from now on should be named and shamed. Then we can give them and huge hug and tell them " Its alright, everything will be OK"

We should not be subjected to negative comments as this site is an inspiration to all who are trying to realise their dream of a new life in Australia.

Negative thoughts and comments will always attract a negative outcome, so Man Up all the Negs out their and give us a smile.

Name:

Negative comment :

Cheers,

Hi John.

I've got one, unfortunately I can't name them, but the negative comment was to 'Stick My Head Up My Own Backside As This Is Where I Normally Speak From'.

The medicine, can't speak right now because just about to do a very tricky maneuver involving upper torso and lower regions.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony

Maybe to you yes, but not to those who are genuienly unhappy in Australia.

Im sorry but I cant get to grips with people being genuinely unhappy.

Maybe they just need a friend.

Sorry for being an upbeat person with a sense of humour.

John

:hug::hug::hug:

Guest guest36187

Some people are very genuinally unhappy. A `friend` as you say will not fix everything for them and is a bit of an insult to think it will!

For some people who ave come over here as a family......Mum loves it , Dad hates it.....what then? Those people are unhappy!

Hi John.

I've got one, unfortunately I can't name them, but the negative comment was to 'Stick My Head Up My Own Backside As This Is Where I Normally Speak From'.

The medicine, can't speak right now because just about to do a very tricky maneuver involving upper torso and lower regions.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony

Quality Tony,

At last I have found someone with a sense of humour.

Cheers mate , you made me spit out my coffee laughing at your medicine.

John

I'm not trying to sound like a b**ch by the way, I do see where you are coming from, it isn't nice to read negative posts. But we can't put everyone in the same box, there are definately people on here who post negatives for a reaction but there are far more people on here who ARE unhappy and want to let off steam or get advice from people who are in the same boat. For some people this website might be the only place where they can talk about it.

You become unhappy in your surroundings, when other members in your family are unhappy!

So naturally this then brings the whole family down! It doesn't matter where you are living here or the uk, it just happens that way!

John

I am not being a doom & gloom merchant but as someone who has a close family member that suffers from clinical depression I think your comments are quite flipant and untrue if all people needed was a friend it would be a whole different ball game.

You are as I am very fortunate to be an upbeat person but for those that are not it is a hard world, so perhaps you should think about what your posting!

:hug:

I once said i was'nt fussed on the sausages:biggrin: and the Guinness and whisky were too dear over there,there,i feel better already,ive outed meself:cute:

That's the first time I've seen you say something negative :wink: well it's not even negative, it's just your opinion on a few things :cute:

Guest Guest31881

John

Hi John,

Unfortunately not everyone who arrives in Australia with high expectations manages to realise those expectations. They may not enjoy their new job, but are stuck because of contractual or financial restrictions, they may just not be able to settle here and realise it’s not the life style that they expected or wanted. Others are stuck in Australia because of family ties, their partner loves it here and they hate it. It must be very difficult for people who are or feel trapped here because of circumstances that are beyond their immediate control.

Of course, there are also the moaners who just complain because they feel everyone else should suffer, because in some strange way it makes them feel better if they think they are upsetting others. Personally I avoid threads by certain members because I know it will just be a moaning thread with no credible information in it.

But keep smiling because a lot of us do like Australia:biggrin:

That's the first time I've seen you say something negative :wink: well it's not even negative, it's just your opinion on a few things :cute:

Lol,yeah but i never added have yer seen how cheap the lamb/beef is! its for dogs mate!honest!

And Tooheys old is a great substitute for guinness ,not that you would be worrying about that chickx,just letting yer know what to bring me when yer visit us!:biglaugh:i'l get you a joey of marmite:wink:fair do's mate!

Lol,yeah but i never added have yer seen how cheap the lamb/beef is! its for dogs mate!honest!

And Tooheys old is a great substitute for guinness ,not that you would be worrying about that chickx,just letting yer know what to bring me when yer visit us!:biglaugh:i'l get you a joey of marmite:wink:fair do's mate!

Sounds good to me! :smile:

I'm not trying to sound like a b**ch by the way, I do see where you are coming from, it isn't nice to read negative posts. But we can't put everyone in the same box, there are definately people on here who post negatives for a reaction but there are far more people on here who ARE unhappy and want to let off steam or get advice from people who are in the same boat. For some people this website might be the only place where they can talk about it.

No you're sounding like a wanna be Mod :biglaugh:

Ask Rob, but don't forget to give him this........

greenapple1.jpg

Hi All,

Name:

Negative comment :

Seriously, You dont have to name them.

Cheers,

oh dear....:no::no::wacko:

No you're sounding like a wanna be Mod :biglaugh:

Ask Rob, but don't forget to give him this........

greenapple1.jpg

I've been one once, I don't know if I could do it again. Not when I have strong opinions on certain things :cute:.....what's with the apple btw? Am I not getting something? lol.

I've been one once, I don't know if I could do it again. Not when I have strong opinions on certain things :cute:.....what's with the apple btw? Am I not getting something? lol.

I'm sure I read on one of your posts that you wanted to be a pio mod :skeptical:

come on every teachers pet needs to give the teacher an apple :biglaugh:

As for having strong views, you're not saying the mods have no spine ar you :wideeyed: The mods on pio are more than happy to let fly when they see just cause.... Trust me I know :cute:

I'm not being a teachers pet....just saying what I think. :biggrin:

I thought usually being a mod meant you have to be impartial a lot of the time, but yes I've seen posts from the mods that aren't :wink: (not that it matters!)

When did I say I wanted to be a mod? I might have been joking. I'm still rooting for Tony :laugh:

Sorry to burst your bubble but this will not work and I'd be suprised if it's allowed to remain open.

I reckon if it were up to you we would not have a site as you would have closed all the threads!:wink:

Archived