God save the Queen

tracy123

The Queen and the Royal Family cost the taxpayer 69p per person last year - an increase of 3p, Buckingham Palace accounts showed today.

The total cost of keeping the monarchy increased by £1.5 million to £41.5 million during the 2008-09 financial year.

I'd pay £5 a year to keep her in a job. Got to love the woman :notworthy:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the trouble is , she dosent just want your bloody fiver, she takes cash of every hard working tax payer in the UK weather they are happy about it or not, thats dictatorship !!!

Well at least the rich people don't get away with not paying her, gotta love that :wubclub:

Guest Ista

Love the Queen, she's awesome. Love the fact she's been tightening her belt. Also, people need to realise that the Royal family (as annoying as some of them may be) pay for themselves many, many times over in terms of the revenue they bring from tourists. Well, mainly the Queen, the rest of them can go jump of cliffs.

Guest brooksey

When i was a kid i wanted to grow up into a Grenadier guard and stand outside the Palace. My Dad had other ideas and made me work with him in the building game.

I'm a royalist, love the Queen, love Charlie. But I believe this country has to reinvent it's self and part of this is that the Royals should now pay for themselfs now.

I'm a royalist, love the Queen, love Charlie. But I believe this country has to reinvent it's self and part of this is that the Royals should now pay for themselfs now.

Can we start with the bankers first please?

Guest chris955

It will be a very sad day when Britain loses the Royal Family, the money they take is far outweighed by the money they generate from tourism. It's money very well spent.

Guest brooksey

I thought the royals did pay for themseves nowerdays. Either way i'm sure they earn their money in tourism as mentioned before.

Guest shark

Can we start with the bankers first please?
exactly ,they screwed us for billions ,not millions:mad:

Guest shark

41.5 million on the queen is money well spend ,lest we get something in return .it cost us 81 million on flying asylum seekers home when deported,than the is the cost of keeping them here while they wait to go home .than the is the benefit system which costs us billions every yr ,to keep people at home ,sitting on the backsides ,and than the is the people you are defrauding the benefit system which cost the taxpayer 1.9 billion a yr .

Agree that a fiver a year isnt much,BUT can we take the vast swathes of the uk they doled out to themselves back tho pls? then we can have the income from the duchy of cornwall etc etc etc.

As you've guessed by now i abhore the class system and they are the epitome of it imo.

Re tourism,paris gets plenty of visitors to their palaces etc and no queen there?:radar:

Do the tourists get to sit down and have a chip butty with the queen or something??

Anyway,just my opinion,dont despise the royal family or anything,BUT like i say,to me its all about the class system,the "ruling" classes,"aristocracry" etc,and i wouldnt be doffing me cap to ANYONE,im/we are all as good as the next person in my eyes.

Sack them,and let them eat cake:biggrin:

Guest shark

France as a President ,that represent the people and country,Ireland is the same too they have a prime minster &president .we have the queen that does the same as them.

France as a President ,that represent the people and country,Ireland is the same too they have a prime minster &president .we have the queen that does the same as them.

But do they get 40+ million a year off the people? and do they own vast chunks of france?

Like i say sharky,i HATE the class system in this country,and they are top of that tree mate.

NOTHING anyone says will make me a royalist,i just dont believe in a "ruling" class.

Guest shark

crown estate belongs to the people of Britain ,as for what money other heads of state get i would not be surprised ,if it costs them the same ,and flying around the world representing the country's dont come cheap.

crown estate belongs to the people of Britain ,she gets 0 from it .as for what money other heads of state get i would not be surprised ,if it costs them the same ,and flying around the world representing the country's dont come cheap.

So your sure that charlie boy gets nothing in profit from the duchy of cornwall for instance?

As far as i thought the money they make from the lands they own goes towards their own living costs?

Im not 100% on that,but i wouldnt think that any profit(other than tax?) they make off their farms/land goes into the public coffers does it?:skeptical:

How much did it cost us for the prince to fly his mates up for that game of golf in his RAF helicopter that time? nah,i cant have them sharky,each to their own,im not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking,but i wont change my mind on them.

Guest shark
So your sure that charlie boy gets nothing in profit from the duchy of cornwall for instance?

As far as i thought the money they make from the lands they own goes towards their own living costs?

Im not 100% on that,but i wouldnt think that any profit(other than tax?) they make off their farms/land goes into the public coffers does it?:skeptical:

How much did it cost us for the prince to fly his mates up for that game of golf in his RAF helicopter that time? nah,i cant have them sharky,each to their own,im not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking,but i wont change my mind on them.

a pabs have you been reading the daily mail again :wink:

come on mate i bet you have one of those cups ,with her face on it

:biglaugh:,Nah dont get me wrong mate,i dont "hate" THEM,i hate the class system and as i say it starts with them imo.

No doubt some of them are ok,harry seems genuine with his charity work for instance.

But i cant ever agree that one family should own all the land/castles/stately homes etc they do.

As i say,each to their own,metoo will be on soon if she's seen me posting about the queen:wideeyed::biglaugh:

Lets get the amount right ,for all the people who read these threads ........the amount is actually 62p per person .

Thats f..k all,she brings in far more revenue via visitors to the country.

Archived