the great aussie attitude

PommyPaul

just thought i'd share abit of the freindly attitude i got at my local shop today.

Hows this for being helpful, bought my groceries at the local shop this evening and the owner carried half my bags to my car with me, told me if i couldn't make it to the shop before closing time to give him a ring and he'll stay open late and too top it off he picked a beer of the shelf and said "here i'll shout you a beer mate"

You've really got to love the country folk attitude :)

We found this in Sydney. I had miscalculated and was 50c short when buying a toy. OH had my purse and kids whileI nipped back to a shop to secretly buy the toy. When I got to the checkout and realised I didn't have enough money, the shop assistant reached into her bag and put the money in for me! OMG. Can't see it happening here. I told her I would pop back later and return the money and she said not to worry. I did and she looked surprised when I did so. Fantastic.

Guest cazbeckham

Sounds like you have really settled there now Paul. Good Luck with the job and don't forget to keep taking those pics we all love to see.

-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Paul how do you cope? lol Im not sure i could drag my butt out of bed now in those temps,lol.

Good to hear the people are friendly and helpful out there, certainly makes you feel more welcome doesnt it?

Cal x

Bit chilly down here in Melbourne at the moment. How I laughed last summer when my mother (in uk) sent a parcel with various things in for the kids - hats, scarves, gloves. Doesn't seem such a bad idea now:snowman3:I think it will be time to head North (sooner rather than later if OH has anything to do with it :rolleyes:)

Bit chilly down here in Melbourne at the moment. How I laughed last summer when my mother (in uk) sent a parcel with various things in for the kids - hats, scarves, gloves. Doesn't seem such a bad idea now:snowman3:I think it will be time to head North (sooner rather than later if OH has anything to do with it :rolleyes:)

My mil just sent two parcels for the children containing fleece jumpers! They are definitely needed at the moment!

Yeah, right. Ohhh, how good is Smellbum?? Another Vic family heading to greener pastures...:wink:

Cheers, Bob.

-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Paul how do you cope? lol Im not sure i could drag my butt out of bed now in those temps,lol.

Good to hear the people are friendly and helpful out there, certainly makes you feel more welcome doesnt it?

Cal x

Its been -3 here in Tallangatta for the last few nights but I don't have a problem with it,it's

a bloomin bit warmer than when I was last in Scotland where it was -7 with snow a foot deep !.

Anyway back on topic,good to here that you are experiencing some nice country hospitality Paul,sometimes the aussies get some bad press here on PIO but I have always found them very warm and welcoming ,expecially here in N/E Victoria which isn't too far from where you are.

Glad you are having a good time and the next time you are passing Tallangatta call in for a coffee.

Cheers

Jo

Yeah, right. Ohhh, how good is Smellbum?? Another Vic family heading to greener pastures...:wink:

Cheers, Bob.

Not biting on that fish hook today Bobj, but luv ya anyway:laugh:Just lovin' the rainy cold weather today, oh and don't forget the wind. Seriously thinking of nicking over to Tasmania tonight, Susie has the mulled wine and the fire going. Jealous? Don't be, we'll send pictures:tongue:

Guest siamsusie

Mulled wine, log fires and oysters ..... poor Bob wouldnt stand a chance with us Olly would he lol

Guest The Pom Queen

Cheers, Bob.

Now, now Bob don't get too excited, I didn't say I didn't like Smellbum, but when it's winter it makes me yearn for warmer climates.

That reminds me I need to ask you a couple of questions but won't hijack PP thread or he will give me a slap.

Now back on topic before I get an infraction, Paul, that is great customer service, glad you are enjoying yourself.:wubclub:

Guest siamsusie

ice.jpgcold weather here in the evenings. The days are lovely... still better for the skin so they say lol Pleased you are enjoying yourself. A pair of women's tights is the way to go Paul preferably not the "bloater paste" variety lol Susie

Sorry for being off topic too, it was Bobj's fault (bloody Australians:laugh:) yes Paul, sounds like you are having a great time, you are not going to be rocking in your chair in a nursing home at age 80 thinking 'what if'. Well done - you never know, you and I and a few other PIO'ers could meet up on the road somewhere at age 80 for a beer, if you are still in Oz by then.

Sorry for being off topic too, it was Bobj's fault (bloody Australians:laugh:) yes Paul, sounds like you are having a great time, you are not going to be rocking in your chair in a nursing home at age 80 thinking 'what if'. Well done - you never know, you and I and a few other PIO'ers could meet up on the road somewhere at age 80 for a beer, if you are still in Oz by then.

Bugga!!! I've only ten years to go, then...Hurry up you lot and grow old quickly...

Cheers, Bobj.

I must not digress

I must not digress

I must not digress

Doubt you'll be in a nursing home either Bobj, you'll probably whack yourself over the head with a big fish or something when the time comes, just as I will whack myself over the head with a Bailey's Irish Cream botttle, of course I'll drink it first.........................:shocked:

thanks all, womens tights lol i don't think that would do my reputation alot of good lol

No Paul, don't go wearing those tights in rural NSW, if you know what I mean...................................:elvis:just the R.M Williams will do.

Archived