Business bought at last !!

val & Mike

We have been here 7 months and it has taken this long to find the right cafe - it has a fantastic location overlooking the Beach - I am a great believer in fate and we have had many disappointments with regards to businesses and was beginning to give up hope and then this came along - we have only owned it for 2 weeks and it is bloody hard work but we love it.

From coming on PIO for the last 2 years or so there was always pessimistic comments from Aldo and a couple of other people about australia and the australian people- well I have to say that I find the australian people to be absolutely fantastic, down to earth, easy going and laid back - we had a really busy day on mothers day and had a queue at the tillpoint - back home most customers would be tutting and tapping their feet and looking at their watch - here they are "no worries" take your time I am in no rush they just seem to be of a happier disposition than people at home - I have had one regular buy me a Scratchie and just drop it in because he thought I was nice and another one brought loads of information on an area he lived in because I was thinking of living there!

It may be different areas of australia but I can only speak as I find and I have found the australians to be one of the nicest people I have ever met (apart from when behind the wheel haha )

Anyway can't talk for too long have some requests for my home-made english scones so better get baking.

Cheers

Val & Mike

Well done guys, sounds like your hard work is starting to pay off. I'm also a great believer in fate and what's meant to be will find it's way. Good luck with the continued succsess of your venture . I think you're right, you just have to take people as you find them

Ali xx

Guest wendy and neil

Where about on the Gold Coast are you? We might just pop down to buy a scone!!!

I agree with everything you say including behind the wheel!! lol.

Good luck with your new business.

Wendy

:wubclub:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Val and Mike

Congratulations on the new business venture, it sounds great.

I know what you mean about people sometimes painting a bad picture of Australia but then thankfully everyone is different and what is wrong for them is perfect for us.

Like you, I find the Australians very friendly and welcoming and they go out of their way to help.

Enjoy baking your scones and don't forget to send some over to Melbourne (I love fruit scones with butter).

Kate

Well done and good luck with your business!

I totally agree with you about when they get behind the wheel, they become a completely different person!

Their driving is probably my only complaint about aussies. :frown:

We have been here 7 months and it has taken this long to find the right cafe - it has a fantastic location overlooking the Beach - I am a great believer in fate and we have had many disappointments with regards to businesses and was beginning to give up hope and then this came along - we have only owned it for 2 weeks and it is bloody hard work but we love it.

From coming on PIO for the last 2 years or so there was always pessimistic comments from Aldo and a couple of other people about australia and the australian people- well I have to say that I find the australian people to be absolutely fantastic, down to earth, easy going and laid back - we had a really busy day on mothers day and had a queue at the tillpoint - back home most customers would be tutting and tapping their feet and looking at their watch - here they are "no worries" take your time I am in no rush they just seem to be of a happier disposition than people at home - I have had one regular buy me a Scratchie and just drop it in because he thought I was nice and another one brought loads of information on an area he lived in because I was thinking of living there!

It may be different areas of australia but I can only speak as I find and I have found the australians to be one of the nicest people I have ever met (apart from when behind the wheel haha )

Anyway can't talk for too long have some requests for my home-made english scones so better get baking.

Cheers

Val & Mike

Sounds fabulous!! Tell us where you are and what the name of your cafe is.....if we are down your way we'll drop by and say hello.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest Nicknak

Hi Mike and Val

My girls and I are looking to come over to brisbane in nov and I too had read one or two of the negative comments abt australians and was beginning to quietly wonder so thank you, you have reassured me that my initial views on australian people was not wrong - I am very happy! Please let us know where abouts you are and maybe - god willing - we will make it over to see you. Nic x x

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their nice comments. Our cafe is at Kirra Beach - it is called GG's Gifts & Gourmets - it is the oldest cafe in Kirra and although we have alot of ideas to improve it- we also don't want to change it too much as it is the oldest and everyone has heard of it - it has alot of regular local customers - the food is really good and fortunately for us the chef is staying on. What sold it to us initially was the the location it definetely has the best spot on the strip and Kirra is alot less pretentious than main beach and surfers further up the Gold Coast and I love the atmosphere and character of the place - would love to see some Poms in Oz people there - it would be nice to put faces to names - not Aldo tho ha ha (just joking)

cheers

Val & Mike

Guest siamsusie

It sounds paradise Val, so pleased you managed to find something.... when you have the flour off your hands please do post some piccies. love Susie x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brucie

Congrat's to you Mike & Val and good luck with your venture although owning a cafe is not me cup of tea (no pun intended).

Guest brooksey

Just come back from Coolangata. Will pop in next time. Mind you i had the dogs with me today so after a walk just sat on top of rainbow bay. Plenty of dolphins but no whales. We intend to move down that way when our son leaves school.

Good luck with the cafe.

Archived