Would You Do It Again?

sykestykes

I want to ask the people who have made the move to Oz whether they would still choose to emigrate if they could have their time over again? And what are the reasons behind your choice?

I would still do it again, despite the "people" sickness and ups and downs we have had, I'm still grateful for the experience emigration has given us and the chance to see places I still want to visit over here.

Hopefully, this thread will show both sides of the emigration experience and help others about to make the big decision for the first time.

Sue x

I think we would do it again,, of course migrating is stressful and has its ups and downs but im a believer in life is what you make it and we have plodded on through the tough times and smiled our way through our ''down days'' , life sure isn't perfect but for us being here in QLD is the better option right now.

Cal x

I want to ask the people who have made the move to Oz whether they would still choose to emigrate if they could have their time over again? And what are the reasons behind your choice?

I would still do it again, despite the "people" sickness and ups and downs we have had, I'm still grateful for the experience emigration has given us and the chance to see places I still want to visit over here.

Hopefully, this thread will show both sides of the emigration experience and help others about to make the big decision for the first time.

Sue x

We would do it again, in fact wish we'd done it years earlier. No regrets, extremely happy, life is great for us in Oz!:shocked: Never going back to the U.K. to live!!!!

Thanks

I would absolutely do it again! As I said in another post, living here hasn't given us a better life, just a different one and it is a different that I like! There are a few things that I might have done differently, but overall though there have been ups and downs, we made the right choice.

Nope. Absolutely not. Whilst I have enjoyed the adventure, the thought of being immured here for ever is too ghastly a prospect and I would much rather have taken my chances in UK/Europe where there is buzz, variety and generally more opportunity

Guest littlesarah

I'd do it again in a hearbeat! I have only been here 10 months this time (I had a year here in the early 2000s, so knew what I was coming too); but moving here has enabled me to fulfill my ambitions to live close to a beautiful beach and National Park, and to change career slightly to one that I absolutely love, and to further my academic studies. Oh yeah, and in my spare time I get to play with an amazingly talented group of musicians in a symphony orchestra.

That's not to say that I have an unrealistic, rose-tinted view of things here. We have a large mortgage, which is set to become more expensive as interest rates rise, and I work more hours than I'd ideally like. And of course, I miss so many people that I left behind (& feel guilty about sometimes too). However, overall I love living here, have made some really good friends, and am pleased to be living with a husband who is now happy where he is. Some days I wish I could just pop back to the UK for a week or so, but as I can't it's pointless to dwell on it.

Just my 2c worth - I know that not everyone will have a similar story, and every day I consider how fortunate I am to have had the opportunity to change my life so radically. Whatever happens in the long-term, I've had a great ride!

No way, is my life better then what i had in the uk, no, the only difference here to my life in the uk is everything we do we do alone, ie no family, we have friends yes, but not the same as family and extended family and mates you grew up with.

Guest Guest31881

I would do it again, I miss my family, I would love to see my Grandson. We have had highs and lows, but we now feel settled here. Australia is not for everyone we all have different aims and expectations. We feel that we have reached or will reach all our goals and look forward to our 2nd year here with optimism.

I wish i had come here earlier(20 years)bought here,rented out my house in the UK,that would have been paid off easily by now,.Then i would have a house here and one there,6 months about,that has always been my 'Pie in the Sky'dream!You see i quite like Oz,and defo like my wonderful home City of Liverpool.Still got my house there so who knows!!!!:biggrin:

Guest siamsusie

I would do it all again Sue, I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever, but having said that I am easily pleased.

Hello all

Off topic as Im not there as yet so Im sorry for interupting the thread but i just wanted to say thanks to all that post with honest view's.

It is easy to get wrapped up in the,,,its all perfect,,, feeling about taking the plunge but for all the positive threads its also just as important to hear to negative threads.

Helps keep us all still in the process of trying to get there grounded.

Thanks all.

Kev

Guest jayde

Definitely, from 1973 to 2005 and now waiting to get back later this year. Having lived away this time, i can definitely say where I prefer to be

Hi there:D

I can deffinatley say, best thing we ever did is move down under.

BUT wish we had of done it years ago so we could have brought our kids, their all grown up now, and have their own lifes in Uk.

:D x

I think if had known how hard the first year is before coming ,,would have stayed home,, the longer i stay the better established and more settled then i will have no regrets,, my 3 daughters i hope will thank us one day. Hinesight,, we would all be millionares if we had that!! sorry cant spell

i'd definately do it again, think the only things i'd change is to be abit more careful with my savings as sods law when things go a bit pear shaped like now i'd sqaundered a large sum on stuff i didn't really need.

but hey, there's nothing like a challenge to sharpen ones mind.

Guest gary12

I think we would, there is a hole heap of things I would have done differently but to list them all would crash PIO.

I have learnt so much about myself both good and bad. I think the first 12 months are really tough then all of a sudden (for me at least) it becomes familiar and life ain't bad, ain't bad at all.

regards

Michelle

Archived