Back home 1 year on.... :-)

Guest sarahjustwishing

Guest sarahjustwishing

I have to be honest, havent visited the site in nearly 10 months... it was a god send for us when we were planning and arriving in Perth Jan 09. Dont know where to start but we moved, did the usual expat stuff and lived the dream... hubby had a job all sorted, it wasnt a question of that, but only that it wasnt "all that". Im sure many of you will be quick to say we didnt give it long enough, but i was due to have baby in 9 weeks of us wondering whether to go back and it was a case of stay now and wait, or go back and have baby at home. So we decided to go back, e-bayed all our brand new stuff away, ( people said it was great- what a bargain they were getting!!!) lol.

And flew back to miserable heathrow, moved back to where we are from (newcastle under lyme, staffs) with approx £1900, and worried what the hell we were going to do with a 11 & 8 year old! (and bump) I think if you ever get that low, you know you have to fight back, my hubby decided to set up his own buisness and take a chance as we really had nothing to lose, fortunately it went (and still is) fantastic, we now live in a nice 4 bed house, take regular holidays abroad and have a far more better quality of life, because when what you know is taken away from you, you learn to appreciate what was there all the time.

It was the best thing that could ever have happend to us, its been a massive learning curve, i cant diss Australia, I think its a beautiful country, its just not OUR country, you get used to what you know! I wouldnt swop our lives here for anything, our children are balanced, happy, and a lot stronger for the experience, we have a fab lifestyle, I just think its all about appreciating what is right there under your nose! If you know deep inside that your not happy-change it- lifes to short! Thanx for listening. x x x :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Guest MSTO

How nice to read your post....I hope to be writing the same positive experience next year as we will too be moving back home to the UK soon.

Guest mtcosby

That is a really good thread guys..... good luck with your future and thank you for such a good read.... lets hope whatever we all choose we are all happy xxxx

Guest gratom

Lovely story--good for you and well done.The grass isn't greener on the otherside of the hill.

Guest sarahjustwishing

Hi, Thanx for your reply, newcastle still the same!! we live in maybank and nothing seems to have changed. On the house front, i think its only increased very slightly! Good luck with your life in Oz. x

And flew back to miserable heathrow, moved back to where we are from (newcastle under lyme, staffs) with approx £1900, and worried what the hell we were going to do with a 11 & 8 year old! (and bump) I think if you ever get that low, you know you have to fight back, my hubby decided to set up his own buisness and take a chance as we really had nothing to lose, fortunately it went (and still is) fantastic, we now live in a nice 4 bed house, take regular holidays abroad and have a far more better quality of life, because when what you know is taken away from you, you learn to appreciate what was there all the time.

Great to hear things are working out so well for you. How did you manage to change to this situation in such a small time frame if you don't mind me asking, please don't think it is a criticism, I am just genuinely interested in such a quick turnaround.

All the best for the future.

Barb

I am also thinking of setting up on my own when I return _ I think it is more common in Aus to run your own business and now I have had to start again here - I really know where my strengths lie and what I have to offer. So perhaps the return can be even better than before with what we know about ourselves through this experience.

Guest sarahjustwishing

RE: BARRAY

Hi, We had agreed before we moved to perth that if any of us werent happy we would ALL come back, the factors that helped to make our minds up were mainly having baby in U.K., and also the longer our girls were in school in WA the harder it would be to catch up in the U.K. I know we probably could/should have give it longer, but it was a family decision, and (touch wood!) we"ve never looked backed. I think we all look at it now as a massive learning curve, but definately a happy one! x

Guest sarahjustwishing
Best of luck to you and your family sounds like things have worked out really well. I would like to live Maybank/Wolstanton at the moment i am living at Alsagers Bank which is nice to

Tania x

Hi, Thanx for the reply, yes i do love maybank, i love waking up and looking at the marsh! Hope all yoiu want works out for you. Take care

Sarah & Paul:wubclub:

x

RE: BARRAY

Hi, We had agreed before we moved to perth that if any of us werent happy we would ALL come back, the factors that helped to make our minds up were mainly having baby in U.K., and also the longer our girls were in school in WA the harder it would be to catch up in the U.K. I know we probably could/should have give it longer, but it was a family decision, and (touch wood!) we"ve never looked backed. I think we all look at it now as a massive learning curve, but definately a happy one! x

Great that you are so happy back in the UK- how long were you here in Oz for-doesn't seem to say in your posts (unless I'm missing that). We feel miserable after nearly 4 months and always have really but hubby really thinks we should give it 12.:chatterbox:

Guest sunnyday

Its always lovely to read when things have worked out for people. Long may your happiness continue x x

Guest Loopy Loo

Lovely post and this is a great example of turning life upside down (literally) but still not afraid to say 'this isn't for us' and then flipping it back to where it was. Well done all of you for having the courage to try it and the honesty to say it wasn't the right decision long term. We are all so afraid of making this huge decision, but you are living proof of the fact that home is always there and its always possible to go back and make a success of it. Wishing you all heaps of happiness.

Archived