OMG We really are going home

Guest MSTO

Yeah my husband flew out to the UK last week for an interview.....best 2000 ever spent he got the job!!!

Yay we had already sold our house and were planning going back anyway but obviously with the current job market were a bit apprehensive about job prospects...luckly for us its all go.

I was worried my OH wouldnt like being in the UK (it was me that wanted to go back) and you know he loves it....

So UK here we come...cant wait:biggrin:

Guest cazbeckham

Hi

How long have you been out here then? What was your reason for returning to the UK?

Good Luck anyway

Guest guest30085

Good luck with it all - and congrats on hubby's job.

Its not all bad here (even the sun's made an appearance in the last couple of weeks) so ignore the doom and gloom merchants and best of luck on your journey home :biggrin:

Guest rayman1

Good luck MSTO. We moved back in April 2010. Spring is here and it is so lovely being back in the UK where we belong. You will not regret it. All the best.

Yeah my husband flew out to the UK last week for an interview.....best 2000 ever spent he got the job!!!

Yay we had already sold our house and were planning going back anyway but obviously with the current job market were a bit apprehensive about job prospects...luckly for us its all go.

I was worried my OH wouldnt like being in the UK (it was me that wanted to go back) and you know he loves it....

So UK here we come...cant wait:biggrin:

Fantastic news- how long have you been here and when did you make decision to go home?-well done

Guest gratom

don't take any notice of the doom merchants;you've made the right decision[family members who returned say they don't regret it one iota]--much more settled,kids much happier and financially now back on their feet.Said they don't even miss the sun.Good luck

Good luck MSTO. We moved back in April 2010. Spring is here and it is so lovely being back in the UK where we belong. You will not regret it. All the best.

Thanks Rayman have followed your journey so glad everything is looking up for youxx:biggrin:

Yes all the best, hope it all works out for you. I was on the very brink of returning as I think you probably know, but was offered a job in Melbourne which I took. Many times I have caught myself wishing I had booked the flight instead.

Hi Mrcatania

I think we talked about phone interviews...he had 2 never got them...went back for this one and got it...You do what is right for you and make sure what you decide on is also right for you..Truely I dont believe you are happy here....nothing wrong in that...please just make your self happy....Life is too shortxx

Fantastic news- how long have you been here and when did you make decision to go home?-well done

Hi CorinaMac

We have been here 5 years...I have read alot of your posts.....I know you moved here for your hubby's family but if you dont feel it is right then its up to you decide it isnt.

I cannot wait to get back to my family and friends...have had so good time is Oz but cannot wait to get back to my family and seeing my boys growing up around them

Good Luck CorinaMac...what willl be will be:hug:

Hi

How long have you been out here then? What was your reason for returning to the UK?

Good Luck anyway

Hi Caz

We have been out here for 5 years....biggest reason for returning is family...

We have to young boys 3 and 1 and we want them to grow up with lots of loving family around them...My parents came over in Jan and the difference in my 3 year old was great.

We understand Australia could give them a good lifestyle

but I do believe we can also give them a good lifestyle in the UK ok not the same but different but with lots of family around them

I cant wait for it....my family means so much more than big houses, swimming pools and sunxx

Hi Caz

We have been out here for 5 years....biggest reason for returning is family...

We have to young boys 3 and 1 and we want them to grow up with lots of loving family around them...My parents came over in Jan and the difference in my 3 year old was great.

We understand Australia could give them a good lifestyle

but I do believe we can also give them a good lifestyle in the UK ok not the same but different but with lots of family around them

I cant wait for it....my family means so much more than big houses, swimming pools and sunxx

so true, we miss the weather etc after returning from oz in 2006 but nothing compares to seeing my children and their grandmother and other family members together again

Guest spacegirl73

So Glad for you MSTO,

I am in the same situation as its me mainly that wants to go back to the UK, and am really worried that my husband wont like it, sometimes I wish we had never come to Australia (then he wouldn't have known any different) but hey shoulda, woulda, couldas wont get us anywhere.

Good luck for your future and wish you all the best!

Guest SophieKin

What fantastic news about the job. I have read a lot of your posts and wish you and your family the best of luck in the UK. It is so encouraging to hear that your husband managed to find work and it must be nice knowing that you will have a job to go to.

Guest MSTO
So Glad for you MSTO,

I am in the same situation as its me mainly that wants to go back to the UK, and am really worried that my husband wont like it, sometimes I wish we had never come to Australia (then he wouldn't have known any different) but hey shoulda, woulda, couldas wont get us anywhere.

Good luck for your future and wish you all the best!

Hi Spacegirl,

It is hard one when its just one of you that wants to go home. We had been here before on a WHV so we knew what it was like. My husband always wanted to move back I wasn't fussed but I did not want to regret now doing it, for him especially. He has been great though and very supportive, he would live anywhere in the world if it made me happy as he hated seeing me so unhappy....which I am not normally like.

I have found it increasingly difficult being here with young kids and no family, it just seems weird the boys not knowing their grandparents, cousins, Aunts and Uncles etc....and as good as Skype is they still dont get who these people actually are.

I hope everything works out for you and you both come to a decision soon:biggrin:

Guest MSTO
What fantastic news about the job. I have read a lot of your posts and wish you and your family the best of luck in the UK. It is so encouraging to hear that your husband managed to find work and it must be nice knowing that you will have a job to go to.

Hi SophieKin

It is so less stressful knowing he has a job to go to but still none the less we are still stressed about it....I think it has been harder organising the move back for some reason than what it was to come here. Maybe because it was just us then and we didnt have the children also I think I want to get back more than I wanted to come here:biggrin:

I have read a few of your posts, have you come to a decision on moving back yet? I think once the decision is made its such a relief from the umming and ahhing...although it has took us nearly year to be going back since making that decision.

Good luck to you too

Archived