ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest mrlouis
hi mrlouis

I took me 4 month to get my nomination approval. I heard it's ok to lodge the application with the ACK letter, so the case officer knows your nomination is in progress. You'd better consult a migration agent.

Thanks for the answer xenium.

I've been waiting since end of August (almost 5 months).

Do you think the waiting time is the same for a Nomination Approval and a Full Application (nomination+application)?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, mrlouis

You'd better ring the immigration to ask the progress of your nomination, it took too long. Myself lodged nomination and application separately, I lodged my visa application on november, still waiting, so I'm not sure the timeline for a full application.

Guest auswannabe

Hi All,Spending less time on the forum, but as someone who submitted a non DRC application, I wanted to reassure those of you who couldn't afford to use an agent or for whatever reason chose not to. I spent weeks stressing about the fact that my non DRC application would go to the bottom of the pile, as I was not even aware of the decision ready submission option when I applied. Admittedly, my CO indicated that DIAC would always recommend DRC and that it is the preferred way to go. However, there are members using this forum who are so clearly Migration Agents trying to drum up business and will tell you that a non DRC application is futile. Mine took only 3 months, so don't lose heart if you haven't used an agent. I am only saying this because I was so dis-heartened when initially seeking advice on this! Good luck to you all!

Guest lilimary

After 2 weeks of scrapping the bottom of our drawers to get all the extra documentation required, our RMA is finally satisfied with the evidence provided!! :-)

It will be send off to our CO on Monday and then, fingers crossed, the PR should not be too far away...

After 2 weeks of scrapping the bottom of our drawers to get all the extra documentation required, our RMA is finally satisfied with the evidence provided!! :-)

It will be send off to our CO on Monday and then, fingers crossed, the PR should not be too far away...

Advance Congratulations lilimary.. :)

Got my company nomination approved today by Parra, 5.30pm....! August 23rd submitted, nomination granted Friday the 13th, who says its unlucky, eh? So it does prove the queue is moving at Parra. Good luck Mr Louis, Xiaowanzi and Neilie, saw your dates on the spreadsheet, you guys can't be too far away on your nominations now!

Guest smwarlock20
Got my company nomination approved today by Parra, 5.30pm....! August 23rd submitted, nomination granted Friday the 13th, who says its unlucky, eh? So it does prove the queue is moving at Parra. Good luck Mr Louis, Xiaowanzi and Neilie, saw your dates on the spreadsheet, you guys can't be too far away on your nominations now!

Congrats Ghenghis khan.did you apply both nomination and application together?

Cheers warlock, nomination only. I think I would put both in together like you, the next time I apply for permanent residence;-) At the time I thought it would only take a month or two for the nomination to be approved. I'll be busy over the next few weeks writing the visa application up!

Guest smwarlock20
Cheers warlock, nomination only. I think I would put both in together like you, the next time I apply for permanent residence;-) At the time I thought it would only take a month or two for the nomination to be approved. I'll be busy over the next few weeks writing the visa application up!

Cheers mate.good luck filling.not hard but time consuming.u will sort it out.

Guest guest55801

HI,

I am wondering do DIAC ring your manager of do they ring HR when they do the reference checks or is it donce via email? Also what questions do they ask?

Guest lilimary

Hey Ruth, in my case they did not ring anyone from my company, nor my manager nor HR. They just sent a letter to the company once the nomination was granted.

Guest guest55801

Did they ring/email your previous employers? Also did you courrier or drop in your documents, I am going to put the application in this week, hopefully it won;t take more than 8 weeks as it's drc. Did your agent give you your tracking number?

Guest lilimary

No they did not contact any employer.

My RMA courriered the application to avoid going through DIAC mailroom. Apparently it can add a few days to your timeline as they need to sort the mail out. It depends if you are in a hurry or not I suppose...

My agent gave me all the info they received from DIAC but if I want the application tracked, I just ask my agent not DIAC. So did not pay too much attention at tracking numbers etc.

Guest lucabazzuca

Hi guys...

apologies for my late update but I was overseas for the Christmas leave.

Here we go...

VISA 121 granted on 17/12/2011, just after 2 days I left the country.

Both EN and VISA granted on the same date.

:biggrin:

Evidencing done today at Melb office.

Guest jnrrazz

I know that this is a bit of 'How longs a piece of string' but I applied for 856 visa on 5th Sept. Nom and App together (non-DRC). Provided, please checks and medicals, from the UK but like so many others not heard anything back.

My situation has changed and unless I get my visa in the next month I will have to return to England. What is everyones best guess as to when I am likely to hear back.... I know there are many factors but I would guess a few months and that means I need to sell everything quick and book a flight.

Thanks in advance

Guest Jemma84

hey Mick,

I'm down in Melbourne which is the centre I am using aswell. I have not heard anything back yet ... I was really getting myself worked up and stressed about it last week but I have to learn to be patient. I still havent had an acknowledgement. Have you had yours yet? Althought the temptation is there to contact the centre I am just directing everything via my agent as at the end of the day they know how the system works.

Its nice to have someone in the same boat to chat to about this ... my friends are very supportive but it is hard to explain to someone what we are actually going through ... keep in touch and hopefully we'll be official Aussies before we know it :biggrin:

Cheers

Jem

Guest lilimary
My situation has changed and unless I get my visa in the next month I will have to return to England.

Since you have already applied, the bridging visa should kick in and allow you to stay in Australia until a decision is made on your application.

What is your change in situation if you dont mind me asking?

Guest jnrrazz

It's more to do with money, when we applied it was a 3.5 month waiting list but now its getting further and further away and we have basically run out of money. It's incredibley frustrating (as most are aware) but there is nothing you can do and no one to ask (or at least no one to give you an answer). If we knew that it would be resolved in a week/month etc then that wouldn't be too bad but you just can't find out....

Guest lilimary

I am sorry to hear about your situation jnrraz :(

When you apply for an 856 visa you are supposed to be employed though right? I'm just confused with the running out of money thing.

Sadly, DIAC timelines have been 5 to 7 months for a while now, and it is not even a guarantee. Quite frustrating really, especially for such a life changing matter...

Fingers crossed for your application to be looked at really quick!

Hi guys

Thought I'd add to this with my (rather detailed) timeline so far...

March 2011 - Offered job via telephone interview from UK (psych nurse)

July 8 2011 - AHPRA application received in Perth (nursing board)

Sept 13 - visit to AHPRA office in Perth with outstanding docs

Sept 14 2011 - Signed job contract Perth

Sept 19 2011 - AHPRA Eligibility achieved

Mov 1 2011 - ENS121 Visa Nomination lodge date

Nov 10 2011 - ENS121 Visa Nomination approved

Nov 2011 - Police clearance obtained from UK

Jan 3 2012 - Completed application form received at Perth CEO (no medicals)

Jan 6 2012 - Email from Immi informing I had not authorised enough money as cost went up on Jan 1 2012!

Jan 9 2012 - Official acknowledement letter received

Now waiting for CO and medical request...

We decided to wait in NZ for the visa to be granted...hoping it won't take the suggested 5-7 months!!

I was hoping to start the job in Feb but that is not looking likely now!...

Laura

Guest lilimary

Did the cost go up at Jan 1 2012? How much is it now??

Men... They already put the prices up on Jul 01.... Talk about milking cows hey!

God will Parramatta ever hurry the f**k on they have been stuck on the 9th June with over 2 weeks my applications were received on 10th June so I expected to have heard something by now. Very frustrating waiting around. Hopefully I should hear something by the end of the week so I know whats going on. Does anyone here have a similar timeline or situation?? :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest smwarlock20
Did the cost go up at Jan 1 2012? How much is it now??

Men... They already put the prices up on Jul 01.... Talk about milking cows hey!

the work is never up to the mark n already the price is up by 3105.freaking immi mongrels

Guest mikewheble
God will Parramatta ever hurry the f**k on they have been stuck on the 9th June with over 2 weeks my applications were received on 10th June so I expected to have heard something by now. Very frustrating waiting around. Hopefully I should hear something by the end of the week so I know whats going on. Does anyone here have a similar timeline or situation?? :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Hi, mine is ENS121 and lodged 8th July. I emailed Parramatta and was told that a CO should be assigned in the next three weeks...that was on 13th December and still nothing...frustrating doesn't describe it

Archived