Mahoosive thunder storm in Perth

Wendy Robinson

OMG I am sat here sh7tting my pants:embarrassed: We are currently having the worst thunder storm I have ever experienced......Noboby warned me about this before i came here:realmad:

For any one interested i'm in the northern suburbs of Perth.

To make things worse I've got to act brave for the kids.:twitcy:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wendy

Have you got a patio,, when we have bad storms here it really freaks the kids out, i have found sitting watching the storm with them seems to calm them,, get yourself a glass of wine and give it a try, good luck and i hope it passes soon for you

Cal x

Guest Guest31881

Australian Storms do tend to be more dramatic than what you are used to In the UK. Personally I love them, but if thunder is not your cup of tea then I would imagine it could be unpleasant.

Guest gary12

We were caught in the one in Melbourne the other week, it was fantastic. I love extreme weather. I tell my kids it's the clouds dancing and doing the bum bumps! They then dance around when they hear the thunder dancing with the clouds!

Lets hope you get lots of much needed rain out of it.

regards

Michellle

Guest Guest31881
Hi Wendy

Have you got a patio,, when we have bad storms here it really freaks the kids out, i have found sitting watching the storm with them seems to calm them,, get yourself a glass of wine and give it a try, good luck and i hope it passes soon for you

Cal x

cal's excuse (number 45) for a glass of wine :wink:

Guest guest17301

Wow, that storm was huge. Didn't last long though but it was pretty bad in my short experience of Perth weather. My OH was in the library and the emergency sirens went off....scary stuff. You have to stay calm for the kids...worse when it happens at night...very dramatic.

You can't have 6 months of glorious sunshine without a bit of a trade off though can you!?

I got caught in it leaving work at 5pm.... had to drive at 30km/hr as I couldn't see in front of me. Most of the roads in Midland and Guidlford were flooded, so not a very fun drive home.

I love thunderstorms, just don't like driving in them.... but very thankful for the rain.. it has been over 4 months since we got any.

So now I am just drying off... looked like a drowned rat when I walked in the door. Had to turn the heater on in the car as I was chilled to the bone lol.

Cheers

Karen

I heard there were over 90 sets of lights out and lots of homes without power, so glad I wasn't one of them, but must say it was great to watch I love a good storm :)

The weather doesn't worry me, but I got a phone call from one of our tenants - the poor guy said that the main window in the living area was broken by the hail and water was flooding in. He sounded absolutely terrified of the storm. He's from Ireland so I guess is used to milder weather!

5.00 to 5.30 was crazy, couldn't see where I was going. Guesswork half the time. Mate got picked up from the airport this afternoon and the taxi windscreen was shattered by a hailstone. Welcome to Perth!

2 hours 15 to get home (35kms). Patio destroyed.

Still, glad of a bit of rain. And the lightning is amazing.

5.00 to 5.30 was crazy, couldn't see where I was going. Guesswork half the time. Mate got picked up from the airport this afternoon and the taxi windscreen was shattered by a hailstone. Welcome to Perth!

2 hours 15 to get home (35kms). Patio destroyed.

Still, glad of a bit of rain. And the lightning is amazing.

I hour 40 minutes from Caning vale , no power there , good fun at Bannister rd cross roads ,talk about playing chicken lol , apart for a couple of prangs and slight floodin it was not too bad on the freeway , be a lot of cars for sale with hail damage , old xtail had had some in SA , dont know if it is insured for that tho

1.5 hour trip from city to Karrinyup (10kms) 6:10pm - 7:40pm, car just about went underwater on Mitchell Freeway north after Hutton st exit, but finally got home safe and sound!!

I might get my own box of wine out I think. :idea:

I must hAVE PASSED YA

Archived