Last 10 hours in oz

gemjay

Hi all, last post on PIO in Australia, next post Uk, will keep posting once there, good luck to all struggling, settling, undecided are just landed, be happy and enjoy life and remember home is where the heart is.:biggrin:

Guest proud2beaussie
remember home is where the heart is.

Exactly,which is why I have decided to stay in Australia instead of moving to the UK.

Good luck back in the UK,I hope you find happiness.

Good luck. I personally cant wait to return. Roll on end of March.

Hi Rayman know how your feeling, end of March not to for away, soon be back to being yourselves again without having to try to hard, Shippers just left, out for last meal in Elwood then airport, Good luck back in Yorkshire we are heading to Lancashire and cant wait bring on spring and the English countryside atb Jason.:biggrin:

Exactly,which is why I have decided to stay in Australia instead of moving to the UK.

Good luck back in the UK,I hope you find happines.

Hi Nigelinoz, good luck with everything here in Australia, its a fabulous place and I can relate to both types of person who love it and those who dont, will keep posting once settled back into the UK atb Jason.:biggrin:

Guest proud2beaussie

Good luck to you too Jason,

In the end my GF and I just decided that finding a decent property within commuting distance of London for under £500,000 was just too hard at the moment so we are putting our plans on hold for awhile,still getting married in London on April 3 but once we are married she will come to Australia for a year and in the meantime we will keep looking for a UK house hoping that we will be able to move in 2011.

Good luck with your move back,and keep us posted on how things go.

Cheers

Guest rayman1
Hi Rayman know how your feeling, end of March not to for away, soon be back to being yourselves again without having to try to hard, Shippers just left, out for last meal in Elwood then airport, Good luck back in Yorkshire we are heading to Lancashire and cant wait bring on spring and the English countryside atb Jason.:biggrin:

Hi Jason.

Feeling alittle better now things are set to go back. Feeling alot of guilt about the wife but hope in time she will forgive me and when back to my old self will make it up to her. Been together 25 years so don't want to lose her now but am sure our love will see us through this and the kids just want their old dad back. Really didn't see the dream ending like this but makes me appreciate the UK, warts and all alot more. No more moaning for me!!!

Good luck and will look out for your posts.

Have a good trip!

I will be passing you somewhere over Delhi as I have to leave UK today. I'm pretty sure I know which one of us will be the happier!

You will return to some glorious spring weather (well, according to the Met office so take that one with a pinch of salt). The daffs arent out yet so you will get them in all their blazing glory.

All the best with the next step of your adventure!!!

Guest sophi

Im sooooo jealous. Have a safe journey and good luck.:notworthy:

Hi all, last post on PIO in Australia, next post Uk, will keep posting once there, good luck to all struggling, settling, undecided are just landed, be happy and enjoy life and remember home is where the heart is.:biggrin:

Good luck hope everything works out for you....we will hopefully be moving back to Lancashire sometime soon....looking forward to reading your posts once your back home :biggrin:

we've been back since August and dont regret our return one tiny little bit. Oz was an amazing adventure for us but I left my 'real' husband at Perth airport when we landed and picked him back up again two years later when we left!!!!

Its great to have him back to his old cheery self and he's enjoying life again....if his job had worked out better then I'm sure we would have at least stuck it out for the 4 years of his sponsorship but redundancies were looming and he hated the job anyways and nothing else in our town so we jumped ship and are really enjoying living back in the UK.

We go out loads more than we ever did in Oz and can't wait for the summer so we can go to Europe as we live near the ferry terminal and its only £50 each to get to Amsterdam and back, how cool is that, just a bit cheaper than getting anywhere in Oz that's for sure. Flights are cheap as well so we'll hopefully get a few cheap holidays this year as only managed to go away once whilst working in Oz as a) flights/hotels dead expensive b) employer kept cancelling agreed annual leave

Ok we had the dream house two streets from the beach, great salaries, good standard of living but to be honest it just didnt make us happy. Felt like we were constantly having 'groundhog' day when we lived in Oz but now we have so much to do we can't fit it all in.

Our brains are back in gear and we feel alive again!!!

Good luck for your return and hope you finally settle.

Sarah & Adey

Spring is definitely here now. Every day since 1st March we have woken up to bright, sunny skies. It hasn't always stayed sunny all day, but the last few days have been gorgeous. Yesterday it was 18 degrees here, which after the cold winter, feels lovely.

We're off to Melbourne to visit my husband at Easter and we're looking forward to that, but we hope that a job will come up for him here in the next year or so, so we can all be together again. Not because I don't like Melbourne, I do, but we're really happy here, there's so much here for us and I don't want to have to move again.

I hope you're very happy back in the UK - it's a good time of year to arrive.

Quoll - I really feel for you today. Nothing more I can say :sad:

In the end my GF and I just decided that finding a decent property within commuting distance of London for under £500,000 was just too hard at the moment so we are putting our plans on hold for awhile,still getting married in London on April 3 but once we are married she will come to Australia for a year and in the meantime we will keep looking for a UK house hoping that we will be able to move in 2011.

Cheers

:wacko: don't mean to pry but what do you deem a "decent property within commuting distance of London"?

Good luck to the OP btw.:wubclub: England in spring, heaven...

Well i'm in OZ and happy 'ere.Gotta say though,if i was back home in my house in the UK(which is rented out)i would also be happy!Of course i would have to get a job and settle in again,which would be hard.Just as i was intrigued by the prospect of going to Oz 18 months ago,i now have a naughty yearning to go back to where i was at 18 months ago.Had a good life there also.Just sitting on the fence at the mo.:biggrin:

Cheers

trumpet-player.jpg

Guest joannaplus4
Spring is definitely here now. Every day since 1st March we have woken up to bright, sunny skies. It hasn't always stayed sunny all day, but the last few days have been gorgeous. Yesterday it was 18 degrees here, which after the cold winter, feels lovely.

We're off to Melbourne to visit my husband at Easter and we're looking forward to that, but we hope that a job will come up for him here in the next year or so, so we can all be together again. Not because I don't like Melbourne, I do, but we're really happy here, there's so much here for us and I don't want to have to move again.

I hope you're very happy back in the UK - it's a good time of year to arrive.

Quoll - I really feel for you today. Nothing more I can say :sad:

I'm thinking you may be in Norwich! How lovely has it been the last few days!

I'm thinking you may be in Norwich! How lovely has it been the last few days!

I am - it's been gorgeous, although rainiing when I went to get curry from Oasis earlier! I hear we're in for a decent weekend too.

Whereabouts are you?

Hi haven't posted for a while. I returned to UK arrived 17 Feb - after 15 years in Oz. First problem the shippers packed my coat so only had a thin cardigan when arrived at Manchester Airport at around 6.00am saw the airport staff hosing the ice off the standing planes wings.... had to catch train to Llandudno - 3 changes - sooo cold.

Mum, brother and niece met me at Llandudno. I have been here a month now - registered with agency and have had 2 temp assignments - 5 days work - earning about as much as I earnt in UK in early '90's..... help obviously knew I wouldn't get as much pay as in Sydney but pleeese.... applied for perm job still waiting to here...but.... I'm thinking have I made the right move...feel ping ponging coming on - why am I looking at Real Estate.com website for Cairns...... I don't have any friends here. My mother lives here and is fine but can be very bossy at times and making me feel like I'm a child again at times ... my brother lives near Liverpool and visiiting at Easter - can't wait ...my dogs and cat arrived they're doing fine - thing cat is a bit depressed but otherwise OK - anyway it is a lovely place here but I don't know whether I've become just a bit Australianised...... people looking a bit weird at times 'cos I'm told I've got a bit of an Aussie twang.... need to get out a bit more I guess to meet people - hohummm

Hi haven't posted for a while. I returned to UK arrived 17 Feb - after 15 years in Oz. First problem the shippers packed my coat so only had a thin cardigan when arrived at Manchester Airport at around 6.00am saw the airport staff hosing the ice off the standing planes wings.... had to catch train to Llandudno - 3 changes - sooo cold.

Mum, brother and niece met me at Llandudno. I have been here a month now - registered with agency and have had 2 temp assignments - 5 days work - earning about as much as I earnt in UK in early '90's..... help obviously knew I wouldn't get as much pay as in Sydney but pleeese.... applied for perm job still waiting to here...but.... I'm thinking have I made the right move...feel ping ponging coming on - why am I looking at Real Estate.com website for Cairns...... I don't have any friends here. My mother lives here and is fine but can be very bossy at times and making me feel like I'm a child again at times ... my brother lives near Liverpool and visiiting at Easter - can't wait ...my dogs and cat arrived they're doing fine - thing cat is a bit depressed but otherwise OK - anyway it is a lovely place here but I don't know whether I've become just a bit Australianised...... people looking a bit weird at times 'cos I'm told I've got a bit of an Aussie twang.... need to get out a bit more I guess to meet people - hohummm

Aw F, sorry it isnt happening for you at the moment but remember what made you leave Australia and give it a bit more time. Have you thought about maybe trying somewhere just a bit further away from your mum but close enough for reasonably regular contact? The world is your oyster really there are some super places within cooee of N Wales.

Came back today and the overwhelming feeling of arriving in Sydney was brash (attitudes, adverts, display) and harsh (sunlight, temperature, scenery). I was trying to be objective and no doubt a night sleeping in a confined space has some impact upon my tolerance levels but ..... I wanna go home!!!!!!!!!

Guest joannaplus4
I am - it's been gorgeous, although rainiing when I went to get curry from Oasis earlier! I hear we're in for a decent weekend too.

Whereabouts are you?

Sunny Bradwell, near Great Yarmouth. Sorry for delay!

Archived