Guest guest36187

Don't beleive it, we have an ackowledgement date of 10/5/10 but no CO yet. Have e mailed this morning to check that our application is not propping a door open somewhere:arghh:

Are applications taken in strict order? i.e. COs allocated in strict order.

The timeline is falling like a stone! Anyone any idea why? Is it the strong AUD$, falling UK house prices, a combination?

I think it's a combination of factors, but all can be traced back to the rapid rise in the dollar and the poor economic conditions caused by the "credit crunch" (house prices mainly) in other countries. Australia has become a very expensive destination, especially for those (older people on pensions for example) whose income is fixed in a different currency such as sterling.

The effect will have been to dampen demand for these visas, which will reduce the number of new applications and increase the drop-out rate for applications in the pipeline. I've no evidence for this, but it would seem a logical hypothesis.

The Australian government does release statistics from time to time, and it will be interesting to see how demand for the 143 / 173 has fared.

I think it's a combination of factors, but all can be traced back to the rapid rise in the dollar and the poor economic conditions caused by the "credit crunch" (house prices mainly) in other countries. Australia has become a very expensive destination, especially for those (older people on pensions for example) whose income is fixed in a different currency such as sterling.

The effect will have been to dampen demand for these visas, which will reduce the number of new applications and increase the drop-out rate for applications in the pipeline. I've no evidence for this, but it would seem a logical hypothesis.

The Australian government does release statistics from time to time, and it will be interesting to see how demand for the 143 / 173 has fared.

This makes sense to me rather than the Oz govt. rushing them through to top up its coffers. It can't need the money that badly, surely! Any idea how often these stats are issued, or when the last ones were?

Guest Restellou 44
Wow - even quicker than us - CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin:

2 days till our medical and AoS in place so not long now. Masons came round yesterday to give us an estimtate and PSS due next week. The race is on.:chatterbox:

Can't book flights till our house is sold so who knows when that might be!:SLEEP:

Dont get too stressed.. i,m sure all will turn out ok. Please excuse my ignorance but what is . PSS.. al this jargon is making me feel anxious , just when I began to come to terms with it all. Any mre abreviations I should know about. Many thanks in advance.. Helen

Dont get too stressed.. i,m sure all will turn out ok. Please excuse my ignorance but what is . PSS.. al this jargon is making me feel anxious , just when I began to come to terms with it all. Any mre abreviations I should know about. Many thanks in advance.. Helen

I reckon PSS might be a shipping company! Whatever you do Helen, AAA.

(avoid abbreviation anxiety).

:biggrin:

Helen

jctc is talking about UK Removal companies (not the Masons) John Masons and PSS (Personnal Shipping Services), these 2 have given us the 2 cheapest quotes to move a 20ft (standard size) container to Brisbane.

For us their quote was £4,000 plus insurance, Crown and Pickfords want £5,000 for the same quote.

We are at the limbo stage waiting for our house to sell. :SLEEP:

Helen

jctc is talking about UK Removal companies (not the Masons) John Masons and PSS (Personnal Shipping Services), these 2 have given us the 2 cheapest quotes to move a 20ft (standard size) container to Brisbane.

For us their quote was £4,000 plus insurance, Crown and Pickfords want £5,000 for the same quote.

We are at the limbo stage waiting for our house to sell. :SLEEP:

Once the medicals are done tomorrow, the house will go on the market within the next couple of weeks. 7.gif

Once the medicals are done tomorrow, the house will go on the market within the next couple of weeks. 7.gif

Good luck with the medicals. Hope all goes OK. Take deep breaths and keep calm to keep the blood pressure steady!

Are applications taken in strict order? i.e. COs allocated in strict order.

I think this used to be the case but from what I understand they have started 'batch processing'. I take this to mean that a batch of applications is allocated to a particular case officer rather than one at a time. This might mean that a case officer might get to an application which might have been submitted before yours. This happened to us, but there was only about a week in it.

Good Luck for tomorrow - I'm sure you will be OK. We have had "off the record" email from CO that our Visa money will be requested next week - (they found our papers!) and we have just signed the contract for the sale of our house. As soon as we have confirmation that the Visas are granted we will exchange and it will be all systems go.

We had Pickfords, PSS, Dorree Bonner and Masons in to give us quotes for 40ft container to Melbourne - Pickfords have come out cheapest and we felt fairly confident about the service they were describing so we will probably go with them. Between the four, there was around £800 difference between cheapest/dearest, so definitely worth getting several quotes.

Looking like 6th June is a little bit more realistic after all.

Gill

I am trying to find out how police checks are carried out now. We had ours done backin 2006 and it just required me to go to a police station and fill out a form. Phoned somebody today from the police somewhere??? it was an 0845 number. She said it had changed, is this true. The reason I'm asking is because I am changing my visa from a PV to CPV and have been in the queue since 2007. So when my application reaches Perth it should be processed fairly quick.

And we are going back out to OZ in August on a Tourist Visa.

I am trying to find out how police checks are carried out now. We had ours done backin 2006 and it just required me to go to a police station and fill out a form. Phoned somebody today from the police somewhere??? it was an 0845 number. She said it had changed, is this true. The reason I'm asking is because I am changing my visa from a PV to CPV and have been in the queue since 2007. So when my application reaches Perth it should be processed fairly quick.

Google Police Certificates for the form and then send off the money. Simple.

Hi

Here's the link:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

Just download and print off the form. You will need someone to sign the declaration and the back of your passport photo, proof of address and also copy of your passport. Takes about 10 days. The certs are then valid for a year.

Guest Cakey

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to give a bit of encouragement to anyone in the same situation as we are. Our house was valued and went on the Market last week, we had two lots of viewers and we sold it yesterday to a lovely young couple who are renting furnished property, so they asked if they could buy our furniture which saves us the money of shipping it out. I know we have to exchange contracts and I am well aware that things happen and sometimes people drop out, but it shows there are people out there buying houses and you only need one to like your house. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping everything goes ok.

cheers Cakey

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to give a bit of encouragement to anyone in the same situation as we are. Our house was valued and went on the Market last week, we had two lots of viewers and we sold it yesterday to a lovely young couple who are renting furnished property, so they asked if they could buy our furniture which saves us the money of shipping it out. I know we have to exchange contracts and I am well aware that things happen and sometimes people drop out, but it shows there are people out there buying houses and you only need one to like your house. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping everything goes ok.

cheers Cakey

Sorry to tell you Cakey, I sent them round, it's a windup. :biglaugh:

Guest Cakey

Gee thanks Les, remind me I owe you a punch if ever we meet up out in Oz........Thanks for the laugh anyway,

Cheers Cakey

Gee thanks Les, remind me I owe you a punch if ever we meet up out in Oz........Thanks for the laugh anyway,

Cheers Cakey

I guess you have earnt your name. :yes:

We had a 'Dear John' letter from our E.A. (after a month of no contact) saying that the hot weather has stopped people viewing. I didn't send my reply. :twitcy:

Good luck with the medicals. Hope all goes OK. Take deep breaths and keep calm to keep the blood pressure steady!

Charming doctor at Maidenhead and relaxed consultation - BP behaved and as long as the bloods and X-rays don't show anything untoward, we're another step closer.

Hi folks

At 3.14 am the stress levels went down (a bit anyway) WE GOT A CO. :jiggy:Been very worried something was wrong due to us being 51 weeks from date of acknowledgement.:arghh: Any way all good now, even the exorbitant 2nd VAC seems irrelevant now. :eek: Waiting for return of Police checks, Medicals next week. On a roll, happy or what:cool:

Good to hear the meds went well jctc.

Hi folks

At 3.14 am the stress levels went down (a bit anyway) WE GOT A CO. :jiggy:Been very worried something was wrong due to us being 51 weeks from date of acknowledgement.:arghh: Any way all good now, even the exorbitant 2nd VAC seems irrelevant now. :eek: Waiting for return of Police checks, Medicals next week. On a roll, happy or what:cool:

Good to hear the meds went well jctc.

Hey, good luck! Glad to see you've caught up!

Mike