Guest guest36187

Well, still waiting. Despite promises, still no email from the PVC. Am thinking of giving them another call tomorrow. We have been somewhat distracted from our frustration by the fact that our daughter gave birth to our first grandchild, Mia, yesterday. 2 weeks early, but both doing well.

Just really want to get over to Perth now at the beginning of June!

Many congratulations!

I remember the experience well - ours is just approaching 3 which is hard to believe. We were fortunate to get here a couple of days before the event.

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Les, I emailed their customer services, UK_Reservations@Singarporeair.com.sg, (note underscore between UK & Reservations), they were very helpful, will tell you exactly what you need and then update your reservation etc.

Cheers

Matt

No need to pack your Marmite, you can get OurMate in Coles supermarkets!! :vampire:

Singapore Airlines have replied with a very wordy email, long story short, they will give you 40kg on a permanent unstamped, unused visa once only.

You confirm that at check-in desk, bad news is if you get it wrong they then say how much it will cost at the excess baggage rate of £38 per kilo, = £760 each. :shocked:

We will be OK for this flight but no airmiles as we have a discounted ticket so we now have a enough airmiles for a one way flight from Singapore to Perth but no chance of adding to it.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations. I rang the PVC again today. My case officer had again left for the day but the lady I spoke to (a different one again) promised to speak to the supervisor and see whether someone else could issue the VAC request. Fingers crossed!

Also had someone view our house yesterday with a view to purchasing. We had resigned ourselves to renting. Don't know if we are coming or going at the moment!

Thanks everyone for your congratulations. I rang the PVC again today. My case officer had again left for the day but the lady I spoke to (a different one again) promised to speak to the supervisor and see whether someone else could issue the VAC request. Fingers crossed!

Also had someone view our house yesterday with a view to purchasing. We had resigned ourselves to renting. Don't know if we are coming or going at the moment!

Hi Linday

First congratulations on the birth of Mia - that's wonderful news. We too are waiting to hear from our CO (we had our medicals on the same day as you) but I suspect that with the Easter Holidays etc., things may be backing up a little bit. We are only grateful that we transferred our Visa money when the rate shot up to $1.62 a few weeks ago. But like you, its very frustrating to still be waiting when things seemed to start moving so quickly. Best wishes to you and your family, it won't be too long now.

Gill

Hi Les

Try Emirates they give a standard 30 kgs per person. Don't tell the kids though, ours gave us a shopping list to use up the unused allowance.:eek:

regards

Couldn't keep it from our lot they always travel with Emirates :eek: we arrived this morning at 4am with 2 cases loaded down and only half of one case was for us :swoon:

Phoebe

Couldn't keep it from our lot they always travel with Emirates :eek: we arrived this morning at 4am with 2 cases loaded down and only half of one case was for us :swoon:

Phoebe

Hope you had a good flight, I wondered why the weather had suddenly got so much better here. :wink:

P.S. Don't forget to get the corks fitted to them there hats. :biglaugh:

Hi Linday

First congratulations on the birth of Mia - that's wonderful news. We too are waiting to hear from our CO (we had our medicals on the same day as you) but I suspect that with the Easter Holidays etc., things may be backing up a little bit. We are only grateful that we transferred our Visa money when the rate shot up to $1.62 a few weeks ago. But like you, its very frustrating to still be waiting when things seemed to start moving so quickly. Best wishes to you and your family, it won't be too long now.

Gill

Thanks DavidandGill for your encouraging words. Yes, we should have done the same. We thought about it, but my OH didn't think we should transfer any money till we were certain of getting the visa. Regretting it now though as it's gone down to 1.53 today I think!

Finally got an email about 10 minutes after I spoke to PVC saying my file had been allocated to a case officer (I thought it already had been??) with a different name and that she would be looking at the file on Wednesday after the Easter break. So a little progress. I think they must be very busy now but you would think they would be trying to get as many visas through as possible now to use up the quota before July. I did tell the lady I spoke to that the money was burning a hole in my bank account so maybe that did the trick!.

Hopefully it won't be too long before you hear something as well. The final stages are very exciting, but also quite stressful I think. But worth it in the end.

Phoebe

Have a lovely time Phoebe. I'm very envious. We will be going over with one case full of baby clothes.

Have a lovely time Phoebe. I'm very envious. We will be going over with one case full of baby clothes.

I'm with you there :goofy:

One case was full of baby clothes, half case full of stuff for the grand daughters (and I managed to squeeze 1 top in for Emma :yes: the rest was for our 8 week stay.....good job the climate is good on the Gold Coast :jiggy:

Have a safe trip :cute:

Phoebe

Guest Cakey

:jiggy:

Thanks DavidandGill for your encouraging words. Yes, we should have done the same. We thought about it, but my OH didn't think we should transfer any money till we were certain of getting the visa. Regretting it now though as it's gone down to 1.53 today I think!

Finally got an email about 10 minutes after I spoke to PVC saying my file had been allocated to a case officer (I thought it already had been??) with a different name and that she would be looking at the file on Wednesday after the Easter break. So a little progress. I think they must be very busy now but you would think they would be trying to get as many visas through as possible now to use up the quota before July. I did tell the lady I spoke to that the money was burning a hole in my bank account so maybe that did the trick!.

Hopefully it won't be too long before you hear something as well. The final

stages are very exciting, but also quite stressful I think. But worth it in the end.

First let me say congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter, how lovely!

How I regret, as you do, not transferring money when the exchange rate was a little better. We transferred our money yesterday for the aos, and it cost us £9,200 for 14,000 dollars.......OUCH! and double OUCH! there's . no end to the spend.

cheers Cakey

hello all,

I have been through a website that lists people name, time of application, acknowlegement, case officer allocated, visa granted.... for parent visas.

I cannot find it again now. It is appreciated if someone can give that link again.

Thank you.

hello all,

I have been through a website that lists people name, time of application, acknowlegement, case officer allocated, visa granted.... for parent visas.

I cannot find it again now. It is appreciated if someone can give that link again.

Thank you.

Hi,

Its www.gainwave.co.uk The site is run by one of our fellow PIO parent visa holders. His name is Steve and he is very knowlegeable about all things to do with CPV`s. He posts on here as Sandch. Hope this helps! Val

:jiggy:

First let me say congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter, how lovely!

How I regret, as you do, not transferring money when the exchange rate was a little better. We transferred our money yesterday for the aos, and it cost us £9,200 for 14,000 dollars.......OUCH! and double OUCH! there's . no end to the spend.

cheers Cakey

Thank you. Ooh yes, that is painful. Still you are nearly there now so just look forward. I am still sure that it is worth it. We were working out how much we would spend on air fares and spends etc over the next 10 to 15 years if we hadn't gone for the visa. We would probably have tried to go every year and forgo other holidays and it soon adds up. The difference wasn't that much and that didn't account for inflation.

Hi all,

Just had a thought and wanted some input. Do life policies have to be cancelled in the uk before migration to Oz or would they still be valid over there? Has anyone got any advice or "do`s & don`ts" with regard to insurance/assurance policies.

Regards, Val

Phoebe

Sounds like us Phoebe. love them to bits really.:biggrin:

Hopefully it won't be too long before you hear something as well. The final stages are very exciting, but also quite stressful I think. But worth it in the end.

Hi Linday

Don't forget that the gov rate at the moment is about 1.54 so would be advantage :arghh: to pay in sterling. Who would have thought it would get this low AND stay there:eek:

Hi all,

Just had a thought and wanted some input. Do life policies have to be cancelled in the uk before migration to Oz or would they still be valid over there? Has anyone got any advice or "do`s & don`ts" with regard to insurance/assurance policies.

Regards, Val

I haven't investigated that one yet but probably you should check with your insurance company. If you continue to pay premiums from a UK bank account it may be OK.

Wills, however, should be updated once you come to Australia.

I'm sure some one could give us the definitive answer soon!

Hi Linday

Don't forget that the gov rate at the moment is about 1.54 so would be advantage :arghh: to pay in sterling. Who would have thought it would get this low AND stay there:eek:

Yes, I have got my eye on this as well. It seems to change from day to day.

Hi all,

Regards, Val

I hadn't even thought of that one :wideeyed: thanks for bringing it up :cute:

Phoebe

Hi all,

Regards, Val

Just another thought. :idea:

If Jenson Button has life insurance does it follow him around or would it pay out wherever he is in the world.

I cannot see any link to your life insurance and where you live except for possible tax reasons.

When I sold our endowment policies a few years back at auction they were mostly being bought by Germans, so if I snuff it in the UK or Oz some Herman is going to be very happy wherever I am located. :laugh:

We are doing a trial packing run and want to take our laptop with us when we fly in June. We are flying with Emirates and I am sure I saw something about whether it had to be packed in the suitcase or hand luggage but can't find it now. Does anyone know what the rules are and does this have to be put in your one piece hand luggage or is it extra?

We are doing a trial packing run and want to take our laptop with us when we fly in June. We are flying with Emirates and I am sure I saw something about whether it had to be packed in the suitcase or hand luggage but can't find it now. Does anyone know what the rules are and does this have to be put in your one piece hand luggage or is it extra?

Hi linday

Check with the airline but I am sure that laptops come under the same catagory as camcorders ( although these tend to be very small these days) in that they are classed as hand luggage but not as additional so you do not have to pay extra. Bit like a ladies handbag:laugh:. The only thing is you have to put them through the scanner out of any carrying bag. If you take the charger etc you can use it on the plane if you wish, the Emirates planes we have flown on all had electrical sockets for this at the side of the TV screen. One drawback no broadband:cry:. Still it is only while you are in the air, you can get wifi at the airports. Ohh don't forget the international plug:swoon:.

Again check the airline and your seating class.

regards

G'Day

I don't think you have to pack it in either, but I always feel safer with it in hand luggage. The only rule is that you have to take it out to go through the security-check scanner separately.

Good luck, Mike