Guest guest36187

Thanks everyone - slept surprisingly well last night but floating on air today and finding it hard to concentrate!:jiggy:Starting to fill out forms for the police check and will phone for medical appointments on Monday morning.

Hi Poms in the UK, :idea: as our house is now on the market we thought we would get some removal companies round for a quote ready for the big move.

We booked Anglo Pacific, Crown, John Mason, Pickford and PSS. Anglo Pacific canceled the day before but the rest kept their appointments.

Crown came out the dearest at £5125 plus the dearest (they proudly said they would) insurance at 3.7% but they do include the AQIS (the only company that does) fee in a sole use 20ft container.

Pickfords came out next dearest with a shared use 40ft container for £5000 plus insurance at 3%. They thought we had 300 cu ft more to move than anyone else (proberly Wanda's shoes).

We did not like the idea of our goods going away to be added to another container off site.

PSS and John Mason both quoted the same at £3955 plus insurance and AQIS etc for sole use of 20 ft containers. They said we may be tight to get everything in it will just depend on how the packers do, so have suggested we have a few 'maybe' items that could be left behind. :shocked:

All companies send more leaflets and info on the insurance than on the move so you can see where they make their money. :biggrin:

We expect to use 'Insure your move' unless the above companies lower their insurance cost. They show £425 for £25000 including sets and mildew cover that all the above say is an extra.

We were surprised at the jump in price between the 4 companies. You need to add about another £1000 - £1500 to above quotes to cover insurance and fees in Oz.

Nothing has been booked until house sells so we will have to wait and see if any change their quote when the time comes. :wubclub:

That's our next job Les - once the medicals are done, police checks completed and the money sent.

Houses seem to be holding their prices around here and one down our road is up for £50,000 more than our house estimate from 18 months ago - it has similar size rooms but no garage or third reception (bit more glamourous with huge through room where we still have a separate lounge and dining room)

We also have room to extend outwards and upwards which they don't. Feeling a little more hopeful provided the £ doesn't slide too much further down through the Summer.

Hope your house sells quickly and at a 'good' price

Jane

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to share some personal good news with you all.

My daughter Emma gave birth to a beautiful baby boy Harry Christopher Robert 8lb 3oz in Australia at 2pm our time (11pm in Oz) had a bit of a scare , emergency section as he was breech and got stuck but they are both well.

Cant wait to see them in 2 weeks time :jiggy:

Phoebe

Hi Everyone

My daughter Emma gave birth to a beautiful baby boy Harry Christopher Robert 8lb 3oz in Australia at 2pm our time (11pm in Oz) had a bit of a scare , emergency section as he was breech and got stuck but they are both well.

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe

Congratulations on the addition to your family. Or should I say to your daughter:biggrin:. Tell the airline, they may give you an upgrade (little one) to an earlier flight or a glass of champagne to celebrate.:laugh:

pete

We had our medicals today at Manchester, like Lindey with Dr Million. He really is a very nice man who jokes and really puts you at your ease. I was a bit worried before I went, always thinking they would (FIND SOMETHING)..........or is that just me? but everything was OK. Our final bill was £526, made up of £150 for two x- rays, and £376 for two medical examinations, which shows that even if you go to the same medical centre and even have the same doctor you don't necessarily pay the same amount.

Cheers Cakey

Was there maybe an extra test? For some reason I had to have a Hep C test but my husband didn't. I meant to ask about this but forgot as I was so relieved to get out of the practice!

I had kind of 'bit the bullet' on having to pay the first VAC :swoon: twice but I really do think losing our place in the queue is a bit much given that parents who have changed from 103 to 173/143 havnt lost theirs (no personal sleight intended to anyone in that position :cute:) but it does really make me :realmad:

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe

I'm a bit shocked by their reply, especially as I stuck my neck out and said you wouldn't lose your place! This seems very unfair. I really can't understand it as it is in effect the same visa, just in two parts. It might be better to try and ring and speak to someone.

You could try ringing Debbie Wasley on 0061 89415 9525. This was the lady I spoke to. You should ask if your lodgement date will stay the same if you switch from the 143 to the 173. Much easier to speak to a person and get a proper answer.

Hi Everyone

Phoebe

Congratulations Phoebe

Eeeeeeeeeeeek

I know its the 1st April but our agent has just emailed us to say we have a Case Officer - time to arrange AOS, medicals, police checks ..........

that's fantastic news for you. The timescales are amazing.

good luck with your medicals etc

Katie

Guest guest43653
Eeeeeeeeeeeek

I know its the 1st April but our agent has just emailed us to say we have a Case Officer - time to arrange AOS, medicals, police checks ..........

Congratulations great news hope everything goes well for you.

Sue

:biggrin:

Hi Everyone

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe,

Many congratulations to you, I bet you are so excited now

Katie x

Guest guest43653
Hi Everyone

Phoebe

Congratulations to you i remember those days and the joy of a new born grandchild.

Sue:smile:

Guest Cakey

Congratulations Phoebe!

How lovely to have a new grandson to look forward to seeing.........it won't be long before you are with all your grandchildren again........have a lovely holiday!

Cheers Cakey

Hi Everyone

Phoebe

CONGRATULATIONS Grandma - have a wonderful trip

What a happy little thread this is at the moment - so much good news

Guest mombie58@hotmail.com
Hi Everyone

Phoebe

hi Phoebe

congrats on Harry's birth! - I believe that heather and emma had a chat last monday - you will be so excited to get there now!

we are flying in on the 22nd april. toronto - vancouver - sydney - brisbane.......a long long flight - we are with air canada this time................

hope to meet you at play group

congrats again!

audie

All companies send more leaflets and info on the insurance than on the move so you can see where they make their money. :biggrin:

We expect to use 'Insure your move' unless the above companies lower their insurance cost. They show £425 for £25000 including sets and mildew cover that all the above say is an extra.

Hi Les

Don’t use the Shippers Insurance, have a look at this:-

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/favicon.ico

We used these and they are a lot cheaper.

Charlie