Guest guest36187

My son checked his E Mails this morning (2am) to be exact and there it was our E Mail saying we have a CASE OFFICER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it after waiting just over a year it's here at last and now everything needs to be done within twenty eight days!

The earliest I can book medicals at Manchester is 31st of March and I need to get police checks.........so much to do and now after a year it seems so little time.

Cheers Cakey

Hi Cakey

That's great news. You are just behind us. We have our meds booked in Manchester for 29th March. Shame there is such a long waiting time. Just want to get on with it now! Applied for police checks last week. Just trying to sort money now and deciding whether to rent our house out, although we have someone viewing today who is in rented, so fingers crossed. I am also up to my eyes with work, exam marking at the moment. It's all getting a bit stressful now but I am sure it will be worth it in the end!

Guest sirmatt101
Wow make that 3 today, Wanda has just got our email. :chatterbox::wacko::shocked:

Les, theres a cold stubbie waiting in the Eskie for you, plus of course the compulsory Vegemite on white!! :biglaugh:

Congrats

Matt

Les, theres a cold stubbie waiting in the Eskie for you, plus of course the compulsory Vegemite on white!! :biglaugh:

Congrats

Matt

Sounds good to me Matt, hope it's long dated as we are no-where near selling the house. :frown:

We may have to look at validation like you did first if the market does not pick up.

Guest guest43653

Hi Everyone

Congratulations to all who have the great news.

I wondered if you could tell me, when you get your CO and have done the medicals and police checks do you hear if they are acceptable or do you just get a request for the final VAC and assume that means that you have the all clear to get a VISA.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Sue

Hi Everyone

Congratulations to all who have the great news.

I wondered if you could tell me, when you get your CO and have done the medicals and police checks do you hear if they are acceptable or do you just get a request for the final VAC and assume that means that you have the all clear to get a VISA.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Sue

Get CO

Get Meds & Police check posted off

Get Aos sorted

Pay Bond for Aos

Get Request for 2nd vac

Pay 2nd vac

Get Visa

Whoopee

You can only assume you have passed the Meds when they ask for payment of bond as they do not give a result. :wubclub:

Fantastic! I predicted you'd be there before me, didn't I?!!!! However, I too have booked my flight now:September 4th to Sydney. Did you get a one way ticket or return?

many thanks for everyone's congratulations.

Glad to hear that you have booked your flight at long last - I've booked a one way with Singapore at just under £600 with double the luggage allowance - I'll need every kg

Katie

Congratulations to those who have received Visa today, such exiciting times to come, would be easier if exchange rate and property market here was much better. Like you Les, we have Visa, just have to sell house, dont fancy renting out from the other side of the world, but know it will all be worth it to be with loved ones in Aus

Congratulations to those who have received Visa today, such exciting times to come, would be easier if exchange rate and property market here was much better. Like you Les, we have Visa, just have to sell house, dont fancy renting out from the other side of the world, but know it will all be worth it to be with loved ones in Aus

Hi Steve, we can't think of renting as we need our house for work, when that sells work stops.

My sister who lives in Loddon says the house prices have dropped around her area but down here we were surprised at what 2 agents said ask (more than we expected) but the only offer so far is more than 10% off from someone who has not even got a buyer for their house. :chatterbox:

We had a quiet bottle of wine last night and because my dad is very ill in I.C.U. Colchester the only people who know we have the visa is our sons and the internet poms.

Hi Steve, we can't think of renting as we need our house for work, when that sells work stops.

My sister who lives in Loddon says the house prices have dropped around her area but down here we were surprised at what 2 agents said ask (more than we expected) but the only offer so far is more than 10% off from someone who has not even got a buyer for their house. :chatterbox:

We had a quiet bottle of wine last night and because my dad is very ill in I.C.U. Colchester the only people who know we have the visa is our sons and the internet poms.

Hi Les

Congratulations on getting your Visa - I have been so engrossed in organising the stuff the CO wants it had slipped past me that you had got it, and I had to check the tracker. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, we were in a similar situation only a while ago and I know you don't feel like it, but having waited so long, such a milestone cannot go without some small celebration. I really hope you have good luck with selling the house - we had an agent who told us to ask above a realistic selling price to "test the market" and give ourselves room to drop substantially, but it worries me that overpricing just deters any possible buyers.

Wishing you all the best

Gill

Just had a rate alert email set at $1.63 for the first time this year, don't think one can trade at that rate but a step in the right direction. :yes:

Just got $1.61 for a $20,000 transfer, best rate I have got this year (which shows how bad the other transfers were).

Moved to soon, just had rate alert of $1.64. :chatterbox:

Brother can you spare me a dime?

Moved to soon, just had rate alert of $1.64. :chatterbox:

Brother can you spare me a dime?

This'll last for as long as the markets think we're all being irradiated over in the east, or that the supply of oil is going to dry up.

Seriously though, you wonder if this will lead to a repatriation of funds by selling Aussie dollar investments to improve liquidity in Japan? It happened during the last melt down (financial that time) and it hit 2.7 to the pound.

Guest linda10

Hi Linday,

My mother took me to oz in the 60s. She was a widow [now deceased]

She had to wait a few weeks but england did send her widows pension over and it helped us survive for 6yrs

hope this helps and good luck

Linda

Hi, We are currently in the queue on a 103 visa PV and thinking to change it to a CPV, we have been in the queue since Sep 2007 still at least 4 years away to getting PR.

However because of where we are in the queue if we apply for a CPV we go to the top of list for processing.

Has anyone done this recently if so how long did it take from resumitting your new visa application? For anyone who is intereted at the moment immigration are processing PV from Aug 2003 that's hot of the press as of today.

I spoke to Perth today but they would not comitt to any time frame, just the standard " it normaly takes 2 years to process a CPV" not alot of help.

Dave

Hi, We are currently in the queue on a 103 visa PV and thinking to change it to a CPV, we have been in the queue since Sep 2007 still at least 4 years away to getting PR.

However because of where we are in the queue if we apply for a CPV we go to the top of list for processing.

Has anyone done this recently if so how long did it take from resumitting your new visa application? For anyone who is intereted at the moment immigration are processing PV from Aug 2003 that's hot of the press as of today.

I spoke to Perth today but they would not comitt to any time frame, just the standard " it normaly takes 2 years to process a CPV" not alot of help.

Dave

Hi

I would think that if you now applied for the CPV you would get a case officer fairly quickly. DIAC will take the original date of application for your 103 as the lodgement date. We originally applied for the 103 in March last year and then switched to the CPV in July after reconsidering and changes in our circumstances.

I had heard that the date ofthe original 103 would still count as our date of joining the queue and so I emailed the PVC to get confirmation, but just got a normal standard reply and it seemed they hadn't bothered to read the email properly and didn't really answer my question. After several emails, and lots of persistence I eventually got to speak to a very nice lady who was able to confirm that our date of lodgement was in fact March and we just recently got allocated a case officer.

It depends who you get to speak to. Many frontline staff at the PVC are just coached in giving the standard answers and I think they are not allowed to give specific information to people in case they give out the wrong information.

So, when you do decide to go for the 143 just make sure you have your finances in place so you can move quickly. It normally takes them about three weeks to acknowledge the application, but I would think you would stand a good chance of getting a CO fairly quickly after that. They seem to be trying to work through them as quickly as possible now. I think they are trying to swell the coffers and get as many visas granted as possible before the end of the visa year in July. Good luck

Wishing your dad all the best.

Appart from friends here our daughter in Oz and son in UK are also the only ones who know about our visa. Sadly my mam passed away some time ago (father long time ago) hubby's dad passed away same time as my mam but his mam is still alive and is now 82. It's very difficult.........

Phoebe

Wishing your dad all the best.

Apart from friends here our daughter in Oz and son in UK are also the only ones who know about our visa. Sadly my mam passed away some time ago (father long time ago) hubby's dad passed away same time as my mam but his mam is still alive and is now 82. It's very difficult.........

Phoebe

Thank you for your thoughts Phoebe, dad's condition is still very changeable. He had gone in for a routine urology operation and then he got the dread blood infection and went down hill very quickly, they are still not sure which way this will go.

At least half of the people on I.C.U. seem to have a similiar problem and his doctor said people in their 80s seem to either have a heart attack or get a blood infection.

I really don't think the risk of the operation was pointed out to dad but this is not really what this thread is for.:no:

We got our passports returned today with the all important red sticker but it's all a bit of a damp squid at the moment.

Regards Les

Thank you for your thoughts Phoebe, dad's condition is still very changeable. He had gone in for a routine urology operation and then he got the dread blood infection and went down hill very quickly, they are still not sure which way this will go.

At least half of the people on I.C.U. seem to have a similiar problem and his doctor said people in their 80s seem to either have a heart attack or get a blood infection.

I really don't think the risk of the operation was pointed out to dad but this is not really what this thread is for.:no:

We got our passports returned today with the all important red sticker but it's all a bit of a damp squid at the moment.

Regards Les

Totally understandable :yes:

At the moment we are just looking forward to the arrival of our 3rd grand child (20 days and counting :biggrin:) then our trip out there for 8 weeks in April :jiggy:

Stay positive :cute:

Phoebe

Guest mombie58@hotmail.com

hi all

Les I am so sorry to hear of your worries regarding your Father.

Matt - hoping to see you both in May and congrats on getting a job so quickly. Hope to see you too Phoebe, we can extol the virtues of our grandchildren!

Catherine and I areleaving for Australia on 20 April . No change in status I am afraid but at least we are able to go for a while and spend time with my grandaughter and also welcome a new grandson in June...............should be fun and busy!!

congrats to all who have received visas and those who have just got COs. Our CO was just amaxzing - if it had been up to her we'd be living in Oz by now .

thanks Steve for keeping me 'live', one day MAYBE I will be there with a red star!!

take care everyone

audie and catherine