Guest guest36187

We had our medicals & police clearances done before getting a CO, saves time, especially now there are less medical panels to chose from and the wait can be in excess of the 28 days given to get all these things back to the CO!

Cheers

Matt

I guess it's a personal choice for everyone at least with Steves Tracker we can keep an eye on how things are moving :wink:

Am I right in saying visa has to be validated within the 12 months meds time frame :wideeyed:

Phoebe

Guest sirmatt101
I guess it's a personal choice for everyone at least with Steves Tracker we can keep an eye on how things are moving :wink:

Am I right in saying visa has to be validated within the 12 months meds time frame :wideeyed:

Phoebe

Yes you are quite correct, the meds are only valid for 12 months from date they are done. We validated out visa and went back to the UK for a year so really depends on what people are planning to do, if they can sell house etc etc.

Cheers

Matt

We are hoping to move to Wynnum Brisbane end april or May and need accomodation/rental until say Aug 5th or thereabout until we move in to property bought. we are retired in our 70s. Anywhere arround that area to say Garden City would be great. Anyone wanting to rent out an annexe or small place?:wideeyed:

Our shipment will be put into storage in the meantime.

Hello again

I have read a lot about changing from 173 to 143 but can it be done the other way around :wideeyed:

I'm trying to look at all the financial implications of getting a CO early :eek:

Can it be done? What are the costs?

We have paid the first VAC but for some reason I have forgotten how much the balance is for both of us. I have looked on the immi website and it is saying $37 965, I'm sure it wasnt that much when we applied in September 2010 and am I remembering correctly that this is that per person :swoon:.

I'm sure I saved the info but cant find it so much has happened since then :wacko:

Phoebe

Guest Restellou 44
Great,will look forward to hearing from other parent,s wanting to get to oz...we will be able to pick your brains,hopefully to help keep us going on the journey to be with our family in oz .Were back in the u.k at the moment,mixed emotions missing so many things about u.k,but allso want to be with our family in oz,bet were not allone in our thinking ...

Where do I start to begin my journey in finding out about a "contributory aged parent visa. My daughter lives south of Perth and I am considering a move to be with the family..any suggestions would be gratfully received..

Hello again

I have read a lot about changing from 173 to 143 but can it be done the other way around :wideeyed:

I'm trying to look at all the financial implications of getting a CO early :eek:

We have paid the first VAC but for some reason I have forgotten how much the balance is for both of us. I have looked on the immi website and it is saying $37 965, I'm sure it wasnt that much when we applied in September 2010 and am I remembering correctly that this is that per person :swoon:.

I'm sure I saved the info but cant find it so much has happened since then :wacko:

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe

I don't see any reason why you should not be able to switch from the 143 to the 173. It might be an idea to send a quick email to the PVC. It will probably mean filling in the forms again and paying another initial VAC.

The 2nd VAC charges you pay are the ones which are in force at the time of your application. The charges usually increase in July each year. So if you applied in September 2010 the charges on the website will be the ones which are still valid for this year till July and would be what you will pay as you applied in September. Yes, it is per person.

Where do I start to begin my journey in finding out about a "contributory aged parent visa. My daughter lives south of Perth and I am considering a move to be with the family..any suggestions would be gratfully received..

Hi

Our daughter is also in Perth and we are hoping to go out there soon to join her. First of all, do you pass the 'Balance of Family' test? This means you need to have at least half your children in Australia. Just note that DIAC also count any children of your partner from any previous relationship as well.

Your daughter will need to be 'settled' to sponsor you, usually a period of 2 years, but can be less as theyconsider property ownership, steady job etc.

Here is the link to the DIAC website giving the various options and also the charges

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent-outside.htm

Charges

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/parent.htm

The waiting time for a case officer was around 15 months for a long time, but currently seems to have decreased to about 12 months.

If you have any questions, there are lots of helpful people on here so ask away..

Does anyone know at what stage we are required to submit form 80? I have prepared this in anticipation but the CO didn't ask for it. I want to try and avoid any unnecessary delays in getting our visa - we already have a wait for the meds.

Should I just send them off with the police checks?

I would start looking at the type of visa you need and costs involved here.

Good Luck :biggrin:

Parent Visa Options - Family Members - Migrants - Visas & Immigration

Phoebe

Hello again

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe, When I contacted DIAC a couple of weeks ago to ask about switching from 173 to 143 they replied saying that we need to complete a new form 47PA and a new form 40 plus a new first visa application fee of $1735.00

I wrote back to ask if they would consider waiving the fee as no work had yet been carried out on our application and the reply was a stern "NO!":arghh:

I still have my print out from the immi website and last May the second instalment for a 143 was $34330 per person. I think they increased their prices by about ten per cent last July.

I am sure you could switch quite easily but I think you will have to pay another 1st VAC which equates to around £1050.

Hope this helps! Val

Hi Phoebe, When I contacted DIAC a couple of weeks ago to ask about switching from 173 to 143 they replied saying that we need to complete a new form 47PA and a new form 40 plus a new first visa application fee of $1735.00

I wrote back to ask if they would consider waiving the fee as no work had yet been carried out on our application and the reply was a stern "NO!":arghh:

I still have my print out from the immi website and last May the second instalment for a 143 was $34330 per person. I think they increased their prices by about ten per cent last July.

I am sure you could switch quite easily but I think you will have to pay another 1st VAC which equates to around £1050.

Hope this helps! Val

Hi Val

Thanks that does help :biggrin: I am sure when we applied the figure was around the $34000 mark but it is saying on the site at the moment nearer $38000 :swoon:

We could take the difference out of the house but because we are not expecting a lot for it we want to keep as much intact as we can :err:

I have emailed them to ask what would be involved in changing to 173 and I'm almost certain they will ask for the first VAC again, then when we change back to 143 they will want it for the 3rd time :swoon: it's so difficult to know which way to go :cry:

Phoebe

We are hoping to move to Wynnum Brisbane end april or May and need accomodation/rental until say Aug 5th or thereabout until we move in to property bought. we are retired in our 70s. Anywhere arround that area to say Garden City would be great. Anyone wanting to rent out an annexe or small place?:wideeyed:

Our shipment will be put into storage in the meantime.

Hi there,

We stayed near Cleveland at www.auspitality.com.au Sharon and Neil are superb hosts and charged about $85 per night which included use of their pool. You have all your own private facilities and your own entrance so no disturbance either way. It took us about 20 minutes to get to our daughter`s house in Manly so its not too far away. Somewhere else we considered was Arthurs Retreat in Wishart. They advertise on www.seqrents.com.au Just select "short term/holiday" from the drop down menu, then "all areas" and on the next page, scroll down the list on the left till you get to Wishart and click on "more information". Their names are Kim and Keith Taylor and the address is 33 Mindona Street Wishart 4122.

Hope this helps, Val

Hi Val

Thanks that does help :biggrin: I am sure when we applied the figure was around the $34000 mark but it is saying on the site at the moment nearer $38000 :swoon:

We could take the difference out of the house but because we are not expecting a lot for it we want to keep as much intact as we can :err:

I have emailed them to ask what would be involved in changing to 173 and I'm almost certain they will ask for the first VAC again, then when we change back to 143 they will want it for the 3rd time :swoon: it's so difficult to know which way to go :cry:

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe,

We borrowed all our visa costs against the house last summer. We had to do it then as my hubby knew he was going "self employed" and we wouldnt have liked to have risked not getting a further loan on our mortgage. Its just sitting there waiting and not earning very much interest.

We wanted to change from 173 to 143 because we saw a job advertised that would have suited us both and also provided a house....but we found out that only permanent residents or citizens could apply so when we knew that DIAC wanted another 1st VAC we thought better of it.

I dont think there will be another 1st VAC when you change from temporary to permanent once you are living there, I understood it was the third part of a three part application fee.

I could be wrong and my head is spinning now with all the flippin stress! I must remember to ask the daughter if she definately wants us to go and live there because if she`s not bothered, neither am I

Red wine definately on the menu tonight!

Keep chilled Phoebe! Val

[Many thanks for that reply. Will look into addresses. Did see a 1 bedroom apartment overlooking wynnum bay at $200.00 per week, so will see how we go;

It was very kind of you to reply. We sold our bungalow full price in 2hours if we would move out in 4weeks. So stressful. However our son, who now is married and living in Mansfield , brisbane, had a small end of terrace house in uk he had put on the market, and we moved in and it will now be sold when we go. at 79 i am thinking this is all madness, but he has already bought a lovely apartment at Wynnum with sea views for us. and of course vacant 1st Aug. thanks again. zena and alec

QUOTE=vava;1013713]Hi there,

We stayed near Cleveland at www.auspitality.com.au Sharon and Neil are superb hosts and charged about $85 per night which included use of their pool. You have all your own private facilities and your own entrance so no disturbance either way. It took us about 20 minutes to get to our daughter`s house in Manly so its not too far away. Somewhere else we considered was Arthurs Retreat in Wishart. They advertise on www.seqrents.com.au Just select "short term/holiday" from the drop down menu, then "all areas" and on the next page, scroll down the list on the left till you get to Wishart and click on "more information". Their names are Kim and Keith Taylor and the address is 33 Mindona Street Wishart 4122.

Hope this helps, Val

Hi Phoebe

When you upgrade from the 173 to the 143 the initial VAC is only $235.

Oh great thats a help at least :jiggy:

Am I right in thinking you would have to also have new meds & police checks done as well and could they be done 'onshore' ie in Oz :arghh:

Phoebe

We started on the Australian Immigration website, but the first thing you MUST pass is the Balance of Family critera, i.e you must have at least half of your children in Australia, 2 children, 1 in Aus, 3 children, 2 in Aus. Once you pass this and have looked at some informative info via website, if you have any other queries post them on here, there are many on here who are either going through process, who have been through and have visa, like us, and hoping to go soon once house sold, and others who are already in Aus. We too are headed for south of Perth, a place called Busselton about 160 miles south on the coast

Sorry didn't see other helpful replies before I replied

Does anyone know at what stage we are required to submit form 80? I have prepared this in anticipation but the CO didn't ask for it. I want to try and avoid any unnecessary delays in getting our visa - we already have a wait for the meds.

Should I just send them off with the police checks?

We submitted this at the time of our application, because that's when it was asked for, but sometimes it is requested later. I've not heard of it not being requested!

Hello again

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe

just come back online and sure someone will have answered but if you go to Fees & Charges - Applications & Forms - Visas & Immigration

and follow the link to the date your application was acknowledged you can find the applicable charges

pete

I do not think you need meds and police checks for the upgrade from 173 to 143

Oh great thats a help at least :jiggy:

Am I right in thinking you would have to also have new meds & police checks done as well and could they be done 'onshore' ie in Oz :arghh:

Phoebe

I don't think the medicals have to be done again Phoebe - it's just the AOS for the 143 isn't it? Not sure about the character checks though.

Cheers

Steve

........because if she`s not bothered, neither am I

You know Val, I would never have gone through this tortuous and very expensive process if one or the other had not been bothered! We would have much less stress, and much more money staying where we were. Even with the desire on both sides, it's a major upheaval and settling in process; did I mention the cost? I hope one day we achieve citizenship of both countries, because it will then have all been worthwhile, but there's a lot of adjustment to go through yet.

Good luck with your decisions (and I also find that red wine helps).

Best wishes

Steve

I don't think the medicals have to be done again Phoebe - it's just the AOS for the 143 isn't it? Not sure about the character checks though.

Cheers

Steve

Oh......I thought you had to have meds done again :confused: but you have answered my question on AoS payment thanks :wink:

Will see what comes back from the email and let you all know, fingers crossed :chatterbox:

Phoebe

Guest vivchis69
We submitted this at the time of our application, because that's when it was asked for, but sometimes it is requested later. I've not heard of it not being requested!

Hi what form is the Form 80? Thanks:confused: