Guest guest36187

Guest guest43653
I got mine in about 3 weeks :biggrin: if it's been more than 4 weeks I would be contacting them :yes:

Phoebe

I sent my forms in last August to an agent and heard nothing until beginning of October with queries on a couple of points then in December after been on the phone and email to them i found i had not been contacted because my card had expired which i sorted and then in January my daughter and myself were asked to sign forms again because they were out of date now i am on them every day. I hope this doesn't say anything it shouldn't.

I just want to get that acknowledgement but then maybe waiting longer will help the exchange rate. We live in hope.

Sue

I sent my forms in last August to an agent and heard nothing until beginning of October with queries on a couple of points then in December after been on the phone and email to them i found i had not been contacted because my card had expired which i sorted and then in January my daughter and myself were asked to sign forms again because they were out of date now i am on them every day. I hope this doesn't say anything it shouldn't.

I just want to get that acknowledgement but then maybe waiting longer will help the exchange rate. We live in hope.

Sue

That's really exceptionally poor service from your agent Sue, who presumably has taken your money already. I do hope that you get it back one day with a better exchange rate.

That's really exceptionally poor service from your agent Sue, who presumably has taken your money already. I do hope that you get it back one day with a better exchange rate.

I have to agree we completed our own forms sent them by overseas courier to Perth and got acknowledgement after 3 weeks, sorry but the time you have waited is ridiculous :mad:

Phoebe

Guest sirmatt101

Sue

Hi Sue, I think that I would be asking the agent for some sort of proof that he/she has sent of your application, because as the others have said it is a ridiculous time to be waiting! Don't forget that YOU are paying them, so they are answerable to you, not the other way around. If they haven't sent it off I would be asking for my money back and doing the application myself, its easy and you can always ask any question on here, someone has the answer.

Best of luck and put your foot down

Matt

Guest guest43653
Hi Sue, I think that I would be asking the agent for some sort of proof that he/she has sent of your application, because as the others have said it is a ridiculous time to be waiting! Don't forget that YOU are paying them, so they are answerable to you, not the other way around. If they haven't sent it off I would be asking for my money back and doing the application myself, its easy and you can always ask any question on here, someone has the answer.

Best of luck and put your foot down

Matt

Thanks for your replies.

Does anyone know who i would contact in Australia to see if they have had my forms submitted or not. I have tried to ring the agent today and had no answer when i emailed last week they told me they were waiting to speak to their agent in Australia but i haven't heard anything since. Not sure which road to go down now.:frown:

Thanks for your replies.

Does anyone know who i would contact in Australia to see if they have had my forms submitted or not. I have tried to ring the agent today and had no answer when i emailed last week they told me they were waiting to speak to their agent in Australia but i haven't heard anything since. Not sure which road to go down now.:frown:

Have your agents given you a file reference number at all? Normally when applications are acknowledged you receive a File Reference.

You could try emailing the PVC at parents@immi.gov.au

Or try calling them on 0061 1300 652 421.

I would also keep badgering your agent till you get some answers.

Guest guest43653
Have your agents given you a file reference number at all? Normally when applications are acknowledged you receive a File Reference.

You could try emailing the PVC at parents@immi.gov.au

Or try calling them on 0061 1300 652 421.

I would also keep badgering your agent till you get some answers.

Thanks for the information i have received absolutely nothing from anybody and now i am getting no response from the agents i am getting very worried.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Has the payment for the 1st visa application charge been taken yet? Mine was on the credit card statement 3 days after they received my application. Although I had to badger the agent send me the receipt and a copy of the acknowledgement.

I think some agents give us the run around! Mine has gone AWOL so heaven knows how we will know when we have a case officer!

Good thing we arent in a particular rush to get our visa!

Hope things get sorted for you, Val

Guest guest43653
Hi Sue,

Has the payment for the 1st visa application charge been taken yet? Mine was on the credit card statement 3 days after they received my application. Although I had to badger the agent send me the receipt and a copy of the acknowledgement.

I think some agents give us the run around! Mine has gone AWOL so heaven knows how we will know when we have a case officer!

Good thing we arent in a particular rush to get our visa!

Hope things get sorted for you, Val

No nothing has gone out yet and now i can't get hold of the agent through phone or email so not sure what to do.

Sue

Really sorry for you-if you can get hold of the agent, I think I would be inclined to ask for all your forms and certificates etc to be returned to you and then go it alone-loads of people do and there is a lot of advice on this forum.This agent sounds thoroughly unreliable....

i

Guest guest43653

Thanks i will try and get hold of them this week and see what i can do other than that i will have to start again and go it alone.

I suppose we all learn by our mistakes. Hopefully.

Sue

Just ask for any help-you have a very willing bunch of people out here who all know what an anxious process it all is but who also gained a load of useful information our journeys!

fiz

insert "on" between information and our......!

insert "on" between information and our......!

You can do that yourself Fiz, just click on the orange 'Edit' button on your first post and you can add the 'on'.

You have about an hour or so to do an edit.

You have more than an hour this has been typed the following day. ;^)

Thanks for your replies.

Hi

That is such bad service it's unbelievable :skeptical:

Go to this web page for the London Office, it has a telephone number but costs £1.02 per minute :swoon: it also has an email contact form (much cheaper). When I have contacted them in the past they have always been very quick to reply and really helpful. :biggrin:

I would explain to them exactly what has happened, name your agent and they can possibly intervene on your behalf.

I completed my own forms (for the CPV143) and as others have said they are so easy to do you can do it yourself with our help. Personally I would be asking this so called agent for my money back in no uncertain terms :yes:

If you do go down the route of DIY there's plenty people on here including me who can help you with anything you are stuck on.

Let us know how you get on.....Good Luck

Phoebe

Guest guest43653

You didn't put a web page or have i missed understood what you are saying.

I did fill in all the forms myself and send them to the agent i copied every page i sent and then my daughter did her forms and sent them to the agent as well.

I have no idea what the agent did really if i had sent the application forms to Oz i would have been better off.

I am very grateful to you all for your help and may need it again in the future.

Sue

You didn't put a web page or have i missed understood what you are saying.

I did fill in all the forms myself and send them to the agent i copied every page i sent and then my daughter did her forms and sent them to the agent as well.

I have no idea what the agent did really if i had sent the application forms to Oz i would have been better off.

I am very grateful to you all for your help and may need it again in the future.

Sue

Oooops so sorry :cute: here it is

dima_contact - Australian High Commission

Phoebe

Guest sirmatt101

:biggrin:Just found the ideal thing today for all you M--mite lovers, its called "My First Ve--mite!!":wink:

Cheers

Matt

Hi Everyone

Just to say we have a case officer - just under 12 months from original application of our 103 beginning of March 2010 (switched to 173 in July)!

I just have one query if someone can help please. Among the documents to be provided it includes a completed Form 956 - Advice by migration agent of providing immigration assistance or a completed Form 956a - Appointment or withdrawal of authorised recipient. Is this normal?

As we do not have an agent, and don't intend to appoint anyone else to act for us now, do we just ignore this. Just wanted to clarify before querying with the CO in case I have missed anything.

Hi Everyone

Just to say we have a case officer - just under 12 months from original application of our 103 beginning of March 2010 (switched to 173 in July)!

I just have one query if someone can help please. Among the documents to be provided it includes a completed Form 956 - Advice by migration agent of providing immigration assistance or a completed Form 956a - Appointment or withdrawal of authorised recipient. Is this normal?

As we do not have an agent, and don't intend to appoint anyone else to act for us now, do we just ignore this. Just wanted to clarify before querying with the CO in case I have missed anything.

Hope someone can help :cute: I would like to know the answer to that one too :biggrin:

Phoebe

I would ignore it but perhaps send a quick email to the CO asking her to confirm that ....I had to fill that form in but I had an agent: it was just giving my permission for the CO to deal directly with him rather than me so I can't see why you would have to fill it in

Hi Everyone

We disregarded those as we were not using an agent.

Guest sirmatt101
Hi Everyone

Congrats & wow, the time is decreasing considerably now, must be less people can afford the big move these days.

All the best

Matt