Guest guest36187

Hi Skeelsy

when we were told we were getting the visa, as we were onshore, we had to give our travel details to leave the country within seven days. After we left we would get the visa grant after three working days. We in fact got the grant the afternoon we arrived in Auckland.

Hi Skeelsy

when we were told we were getting the visa, as we were onshore, we had to give our travel details to leave the country within seven days. After we left we would get the visa grant after three working days. We in fact got the grant the afternoon we arrived in Auckland.

Hi Roy. I am so hoping we follow suit as a 173 we have no AOS and pretty sure other requirements won't kick up any issues so like you we want to get forms to them as all ready, get 2nd vacs and 'bobs your uncle' all done and dusted. However we are being told highly unlikely we will not get place until after July and even possibly not even get CO. Flummexed to say the least Kim

Hi all,

My parents lodged on 19th May 2014, they had an email from immigration last week requesting payment of 2nd VAC, which I organized, called them up today to find out if they received, which they did, it's all been receipted, they've looked over the application and they do not require any further paperwork from us as everything is in order; so I asked what the time period is between receipt of 2nd VAC and grant of Visa - could be anywhere between 4-8 weeks I was told just now. So disappointed! After reading all the threads on here that people were getting their visas within about a week of paying the second VAC, so looks like we have possibly missed out being granted within the 2015/16 quota. Another waiting period of who knows how long until we get it.

Hi all,

My parents lodged on 19th May 2014, they had an email from immigration last week requesting payment of 2nd VAC, which I organized, called them up today to find out if they received, which they did, it's all been receipted, they've looked over the application and they do not require any further paperwork from us as everything is in order; so I asked what the time period is between receipt of 2nd VAC and grant of Visa - could be anywhere between 4-8 weeks I was told just now. So disappointed! After reading all the threads on here that people were getting their visas within about a week of paying the second VAC, so looks like we have possibly missed out being granted within the 2015/16 quota. Another waiting period of who knows how long until we get it.

Hi @334198PIO. Thanks for sharing your news and totally am with you as to the uncertainty of waiting. I am interested in couple of things - did your parents get Hap no Etc with acknowledgement or did they have to ask/or got given recently? Also what date did you actually get a case officer contact you? Here's hoping you get granted sooner than later Kim

Hi Kim,

They got their HAP No. ages ago with their acknowledgement (one of the lucky ones).

We actually haven't had a case officer assigned yet (or maybe we do and they're anonymous) - we went from hearing nothing for ages straight to the letter asking for the second VAC! We weren't expecting that, although everyone is different, nothing is in the same order for everyone from what I'm gathering on here.

Can't say I'm thrilled that we have now paid the money under the assumption that we'd get the visa almost straight away. If they knew they weren't going to give us the Visa for another 4-8 weeks then why ask us for the money so early!? :/

Hi Kim,

They got their HAP No. ages ago with their acknowledgement (one of the lucky ones).

We actually haven't had a case officer assigned yet (or maybe we do and they're anonymous) - we went from hearing nothing for ages straight to the letter asking for the second VAC! We weren't expecting that, although everyone is different, nothing is in the same order for everyone from what I'm gathering on here.

Can't say I'm thrilled that we have now paid the money under the assumption that we'd get the visa almost straight away. If they knew they weren't going to give us the Visa for another 4-8 weeks then why ask us for the money so early!? :/

Hi that's weird as your parents lodged on Monday and we lodged on Friday of same week - you got hap and we didn't! So did they not ask for form 80 or police checks! Kim

Yeah they did ask for a Form 80, which we did and police check but that expired after 12 months so they did that again earlier this year. What stage are you at? :)

Hi

we are at the 'completely frustrated' stage. We lodged 23 May and had no hap no so we asked for it at start of March this year and was given one so had meds mid March. As 173 applicants we don't need AOS at this stage. As Immi update said they got to 21 May as of last Friday we were hoping to get Case Officer soon hopefully this week. I think its outrageous you were asked for 2nd vacs and not told of the delay. I am assuming your parents are off shore whilst we are in Australia waiting to depart to be granted. Kim

It is outrageous, they shouldn't have asked for the 2nd VAC if we weren't going getting the Visa straight away (well at least within around 7 days) who wants to part with nearly $90k only to and wait another 4-8 weeks until a decision is made? Yes they are offshore, waiting patiently......... :/

It is outrageous, they shouldn't have asked for the 2nd VAC if we weren't going getting the Visa straight away (well at least within around 7 days) who wants to part with nearly $90k only to and wait another 4-8 weeks until a decision is made? Yes they are offshore, waiting patiently......... :/

I think the decision is already made that you WILL get your visa, they wouldn't have asked for the second VAC otherwise. However, it sounds like they can't let you have the visa until next financial year, but look on the bright side - after the start of the new financial year you will be one of the very first to get a visa - no waiting while you get your second vac sent off, no waiting for them to process it either as it's already all done and dusted. In other words, July is your lucky month!

Can anyone help? Is the AOS calculation for income for the sponsor done on gross income or after tax? Also is child benefit received included in the calculation. We are certainly better off than our sponsor. Although we don’t think there will be a problem, does our guaranteed income have any influence. Thanks, Zee.

Hi all,

That is really depressing! I guess I can stop obsessively checking emails to see if my mother has heard anything yet. We were asked for 2nd VAC on the 23rd, sent it away on the 24th and haven't heard a word. She is doing the subclass 173 (had I known it would take over 2 years we would've just gone straight to permanent). I was wondering if it was going to be a case of not getting in this financial year as the latest auto reply reiterated that they are very careful at this time of year not to go over the government allocation numbers, but like you say you wouldn't think they'd ask for payment and then make you wait for grant.

That is really depressing! I guess I can stop obsessively checking emails to see if my mother has heard anything yet. We were asked for 2nd VAC on the 23rd, sent it away on the 24th and haven't heard a word. She is doing the subclass 173 (had I known it would take over 2 years we would've just gone straight to permanent). I was wondering if it was going to be a case of not getting in this financial year as the latest auto reply reiterated that they are very careful at this time of year not to go over the government allocation numbers, but like you say you wouldn't think they'd ask for payment and then make you wait for grant.

I guess there will be no move this week as we have not been contacted. On positive side you will get your mum out of America before any chance of Donald getting into the White House. Hoping your mum hears soon Kim

Yep you may as well stop checking as it looks like we didn't make this financial year :( I actually called immi 3 times this week, as I've found I get slightly different answers depending on who I talk to. First guy said it's just a case of waiting for an email now, second time I called I got a woman who told me 4-8 weeks, third time I called I got a young guy who told me 4 weeks!

So roll on July I guess!

Yep you may as well stop checking as it looks like we didn't make this financial year :( I actually called immi 3 times this week, as I've found I get slightly different answers depending on who I talk to. First guy said it's just a case of waiting for an email now, second time I called I got a woman who told me 4-8 weeks, third time I called I got a young guy who told me 4 weeks!

So roll on July I guess!

Wow. I guess they really not got their act together. Again just bring nosy - did you get a tel no to ring direct when get case officer. My husband tried to call them last week and could only get through to a sydney office who said there was no help desk in Perth Kim

Hi Kim

No we haven't been told we've got a Case Officer yet - immi just sent a letter to the migration agent mum and dad are using asking for the 2nd Vac. When I call to get an update I ring 131 881. If you call early in the morning (8am) and press Option 1 (I think it's 3 times through the voice menu) they will tell you they're too busy with other calls and it gives you the option to get them to call you back by pressing 1 and leaving your name, your phone number is already recorded. It's quite good as they tell you approx. how long they will take to call you back (at that time in the morning it's usually between 11 and 20 mins). Saves you waiting for hours with the receiver stuck to your ear :)

I guess there will be no move this week as we have not been contacted. On positive side you will get your mum out of America before any chance of Donald getting into the White House. Hoping your mum hears soon Kim

Thanks Kim! That is an excellent point! ha ha I hope you hear something soon. You must be going crazy too. Someone should warn anyone applying to make sure they apply before between July and April. :laugh: