Guest guest36187

thank you everyone @HARLEYDPHIL @Fisher1 @geordie joe @AlanSteel @juliew1499 @Skeelsy @HarrisL16

it was great to be with you all in waiting room :ssign20:

and thanks once again to you all for the best wishes :smile:

Thanks for the thanks, now please vacate the waiting room! Reminds me that this weekend is our 'travel to family, and say goodbye' weekend..... red eye Monday maybe :-)

Hi GeoffL

You are confusing two different visas, but essentially I think your plan is feasible.

The 103 visa is an offshore visa and you must be offshore when it's granted. Until Jan 16 we were on the 103 waiting list. You could check your progress up the list via the oz govt immi electronic queue calculator ( for a quick nosy, Google electronic queue 103 and the link should come up) you type in your queue date (the date given by immi NOT the date of application) and the type of visa and it tells you how many people are ahead of you. Although we were told about 10-20 years it would have been a lot less than that I think - probably about 8-10 years.

the he visa I think you are considering is the onshore aged parents visa, which I don't know too much about. I know you can get a bridging visa for that one and stay in Australia while you wait, but you have to apply from Australia having decided you'd like to stay once you got there ... In other words, no turning up at the airport for your 'holiday' with twenty suitcases and the family dog.

I believe the aged parent visas move much more quickly than the offshore 103 but I'm not sure about the timescale. I'm sure someone else will be along soon to tell you though!

Hi

We have applied for a contributory aged parent visa (864) and entered Australia on an electronic visitor visa. When we then applied for our visa we were granted a Bridging Visa A so we could stay in Australia whilst our visa was granted. It is true that the grant time for an onshore contributory aged parent visa (864) is considerably less than for a contributory offshore visa (143), around 9 months compared to 24 months. However for the non-contributory visas, the 804 and 103 the wait time is fairly similar as most of the time is spent in the 8-10 year queue (look at the data in the automated TEST email you can get from immi). One thing to be aware of with the Bridging Visa A is that it is not always easy to leave Australia whilst you are waiting unless you have a compelling reason.

Hi Geoff, The 103 is an offshore visa and will not lead to a bridging visa and you must be under 65 when you apply. The 804 will give you a bridging visa but you must be over 65 years and in Australia when you apply.

Not quite correct, Ian.

You can be aged 65 and over to apply for a subclass 103 visa.

Best regards.

Hopefully I'm not missing something essential as there are way too many gotchas on the UK side of the process (frozen pensions, driving licences that expire at 70 years of age, etc.) We plan to join our son in Victoria in 2018. There's no way that we can affort a CPV, so we have to go subclass 103. AFAICT, we could enter Aus on a temporary visa (even eVisitor) and lodge applications for subclass 103 once there. On receiving acknowledgement of our applications, we could then apply for bridging visa A, which I understand gives us the right to remain in Aus while our applications go through the queue. I understand that the queue for 103 is currently around 30 years -- which would put us in our mid-nineties -- but we could be with our son in Aus while we 'waited'. There'd be no drain on Aus resources as we'd need to make our own healthcare arrangements etc.

My question is whether our plan is feasible? TIA for any pearls of wisdom offered.

Hello Geoff.

You have a few points requiring clarification, including your subclass numbers (I think you are referring to a subclass 804 rather than a 103).

Note that a Bridging Visa A is granted automatically when you lodge a valid onshore application for a visa such as an 804.

Feel able to send a PM or email to me (click on my name to the left of this post) with your contact details and we can then tee up a freebie chat.

In the meantime: http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/queue-dates-parent-aged-visa-application-medical-examination/

Best regards.

Hi Sadge

thought I would let you know that I've had further correspondence with IMMI this morning and they have said not to expect any request for medicals until late June. We are planning to go to Oz late June so they have confirmed that we can do our medicals whilst onshore in Oz. Looks like all of us lodged in June 2014 onwards are going to be looking at at least 25 monthsplus for any decision.

Julie

Hi Sadge

thought I would let you know that I've had further correspondence with IMMI this morning and they have said not to expect any request for medicals until late June. We are planning to go to Oz late June so they have confirmed that we can do our medicals whilst onshore in Oz. Looks like all of us lodged in June 2014 onwards are going to be looking at at least 25 monthsplus for any decision.

Julie

Thanks so much for the info Julie, I must admit that as the last few weeks have crept by it looked to me that we were heading for well over the two year timeframe, so at least I won't be disappointed! It's just getting increasingly embarrassing being asked by friends "any news on Australia yet?", and bumping into people I haven't seen for ages "You still here? Thought you'd have been long gone by now".

Sadge

Hi Steve,

Just a little :biglaugh:

We've done what I think GeordieJoe and Steely have done. Booked a business leg out with a return in 6 months (that you don't take but then don't get your air miles for either leg) Way cheaper than a one-way ticket, through business-flights.co.uk. It's an indulgent treat that we feel we have earned.

Today they are loading our container, woke up this morning to our last sunrise at our home for 25 years, Sadness at leaving our home but over the moon to be eventually beginning our journey to the next chapter of our lives.

Bring it on.

:ssign19:

See you in PERTH

Cheers

Phil

Congratulations, keep updating ant info on new life you feel relevant please.

hopefully I can also catch up with you in November 2016.

Hi Sadge

Julie

I resigned myself to a longer wait some months ago after studying the timelines on others' signatures, and I said so at the time. In fact, I'm not banking on anything under 26 months. When people ask, I just say "I'm at the mercy of a Government Dept, so I won't have any firm answers before the end of this year".

Hi all

Silly question perhaps?

We're trying to work out what the value of our belongings are for shipment, do the insurers Letton Percival require a full inventory with a cost for every single item,

? We find their paperwork pretty ambiguous

Any advice would be great as it's doing our heads in!!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

yesterday was make a rough list room by room of contents and individual value, noting any items valued over £500 noting also pairs and sets

today was - put that lot on a spreadsheet!

this afternoon - wish we had sold it all as this calculation is a right royal pain in the backside!

so we've been doing this the last 2 days and think we've over valued stuff, revising costs, putting in for an extra months uk storage and finally I think we are there.

in the event that we do have a claim we will have a very detailed list of contents along with quite a few photos of all items over £500.

My other half and I have categorically said that we are NEVER doing this again!!!

Julie

To make you a little happier, after the request for form 80 etc on 12 May they requested payment today $87,200 by bank cheque or credit card. Have to give them travel arrangements to leave Australia within 7 days. You should almost be there

A general question from those who have completed the AOS stage please. My son went to centrelink today and completed all the forms he was asked to complete, but, he wasn't asked for any money. When does this bit get done? :confused:

Got my answer, my son received a phone call around lunchtime, explaining his responsibilities, and that he will receive a letter which he then takes to the bank.