Guest guest36187

Hello can anyone that's in Australia on a e600 visitor visa, waiting for their CPV 143 visa case officer to make contact, know, if you have to have a police check from England and Australia as your in Australia.

Also does any one know if the medicals can be done in Australia.

Lorraine

Hello can anyone that's in Australia on a e600 visitor visa, waiting for their CPV 143 visa case officer to make contact, know, if you have to have a police check from England and Australia as your in Australia.

Also does any one know if the medicals can be done in Australia.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

We had to have Oz police checks done because we had spent in total a year over the last 10 years in Australia. Adding up the days over the last 10 years, a month here, a month or two there. It soon adds up. I do believe you can get your medicals done in Oz too. I'm sure one or more of the lovely people on here will let you know if I'm wrong.

Good luck

Maisie

Hi Lorraine

We had to have Oz police checks done because we had spent in total a year over the last 10 years in Australia. Adding up the days over the last 10 years, a month here, a month or two there. It soon adds up. I do believe you can get your medicals done in Oz too. I'm sure one or more of the lovely people on here will let you know if I'm wrong.

Good luck

Maisie

Thank You Maisie. All the best for your future in Australia.

Lorraine

Just wanting to know something from those of you who have come out to Australia on a e600 visa, prior to being granted your 143 visa, hoping to get it while you are here.

Did you have any difficulties getting your e600 visa when there was really no intention of going back to the UK ie come over to Oz, go off shore, get your 143 visa grant, live happily ever after in Oz? Just wondering as the e600 is supposed to be a temporary visitor visa and you are then supposed to return to your home country.

I am trying to find some solutions to a gap in time that I will have between the expiry of my 457 and the granting of my 143 (still hoping I can get work to give me a further year on a 457 :wideeyed: )

I know that B.E. has their parent visa thread......why dont we have one?

All parent visa applicants.....here is your own thread in order to ask questions, chat, moan and groan....whatever you wish!

Good Luck to you all and looking fwd to hearing from you x

Sorry but what is B.E.

Guest geordie joe
Just wanting to know something from those of you who have come out to Australia on a e600 visa, prior to being granted your 143 visa, hoping to get it while you are here.

Did you have any difficulties getting your e600 visa when there was really no intention of going back to the UK ie come over to Oz, go off shore, get your 143 visa grant, live happily ever after in Oz? Just wondering as the e600 is supposed to be a temporary visitor visa and you are then supposed to return to your home country.

I am trying to find some solutions to a gap in time that I will have between the expiry of my 457 and the granting of my 143 (still hoping I can get work to give me a further year on a 457 :wideeyed: )

Hi Val,

we didn't have any issues, in fact we included details of our 143 on our e600 application as we wanted to be upfront with everything.

Joe

Hi Phil

Sounds hectic but good for you.

We're in a rental so no issues there other than the removals and then cleaning it out, just hoping the continues to get stronger so that our money is worth more when we send it over.

We'll all definitely need a pint when we get out there and I look forward to it, I bet Steely will be in on it too?!

Enjoy tomorrow.

Steve

And not forgetting Mr and Mrs Geordie Joe!!

Edited by Steve2

Hi we have been here, plus teenage son in tow, 'ducking and diving' for nearly 3 years and been on long term visitors visas as part of our stay. Both SOH and I got granted on shore for long term visitor visa after entering on e visitor. I was quizzed as to why I wanted to stay for year and genuinely had reason at that time of my daughter was having a difficult pregnancy and had a 3 year old granddaughter I was helping out with. They didn't ask for any proof and were very sympathetic even ensuring giving me maximum time to cover until after baby due. Also my hubbie, at one point, spent 9 months on e visitor leaving 3 times every 3 months overnight in NZ. Was warned we might get challenged doing this even though rules say you can enter as many times as you like for max 3 months stay. Interestingly SOH is convinced our that as we have the passports that you can scan at airport and therefore our entry is electronic making it less likely to you be subjected to some bored immigration person wanting something to do 'picking on as you' when you enter. If you don't have a 'do not stay' on your 457 no reason why you can't apply onshore but there is a hefty $700 extra fee for that!! Otherwise you need to hop to nearest offshore and apply. Always have reasons as to why other than 'just because you want to ride out until Parents visa comes through' as once said that and they got really shirty!! Luckily got all my kids here so always some 'drama' we can rely on. I even did an accounts course last year with hubbie as my dependant so I am an Australian trained accountant now - passed with honours and loved it so see it as opportunity to do something different. Seriously considering writing my memoirs based on our 'journey to oz PR'.

coincidently due to latest lack of progress as we within couple of weeks immi date we are both hopping to NZ later today for overnighter in NZ again as our 3 months up on e visitor. Can't believe we are having to do this again as did it three months ago and thought we would have been through by now. So another $1000 for flights and worry as to will be get back in after all our multi entries!! Kim

Hi we have been here, plus teenage son in tow, 'ducking and diving' for nearly 3 years and been on long term visitors visas as part of our stay. Both SOH and I got granted on shore for long term visitor visa after entering on e visitor. I was quizzed as to why I wanted to stay for year and genuinely had reason at that time of my daughter was having a difficult pregnancy and had a 3 year old granddaughter I was helping out with. They didn't ask for any proof and were very sympathetic even ensuring giving me maximum time to cover until after baby due. Also my hubbie, at one point, spent 9 months on e visitor leaving 3 times every 3 months overnight in NZ. Was warned we might get challenged doing this even though rules say you can enter as many times as you like for max 3 months stay. Interestingly SOH is convinced our that as we have the passports that you can scan at airport and therefore our entry is electronic making it less likely to you be subjected to some bored immigration person wanting something to do 'picking on as you' when you enter. If you don't have a 'do not stay' on your 457 no reason why you can't apply onshore but there is a hefty $700 extra fee for that!! Otherwise you need to hop to nearest offshore and apply. Always have reasons as to why other than 'just because you want to ride out until Parents visa comes through' as once said that and they got really shirty!! Luckily got all my kids here so always some 'drama' we can rely on. I even did an accounts course last year with hubbie as my dependant so I am an Australian trained accountant now - passed with honours and loved it so see it as opportunity to do something different. Seriously considering writing my memoirs based on our 'journey to oz PR'.

coincidently due to latest lack of progress as we within couple of weeks immi date we are both hopping to NZ later today for overnighter in NZ again as our 3 months up on e visitor. Can't believe we are having to do this again as did it three months ago and thought we would have been through by now. So another $1000 for flights and worry as to will be get back in after all our multi entries!! Kim

Thanks for the reply Kim :smile:

The 143 waiting times are what have thrown my plans into chaos. When I started getting all my documentation together at the beginning I had allowed 24months, plenty of time at that point as the wait was at 18 months. I hit some snags because of an ex-husband, who wouldn't sign the divorce papers, several visits to court etc, and that was my 'extra' time gone. Even when I finally submitted I was just on the 18 month window and I thought at that point I might just have to go off shore for maybe 1 month awaiting my visa grant. Now IMMI have extended the wait time so much I need to work out ways of dealing with my time gap.

I am really hoping that work may be kind and give me a 1year 457 but they're not using 457s much now so I need to get back up plans in place.

Thanks again Kim for your advice and how things have been for you, good to know how it all works.

I really hope this is your last trip out :rolleyes:

Hi Skeesley, Julie, Alan and others not getting through until after June, It must be so disappointing I feel for all of you, do I assume that all applicants from early May to end of June 2014 will now be put through in the following years allocation? does anyone know if this regularly happens? Do the amount of applicants go up each year? I am wondering if we too will be delayed further when our turn comes round next year, the wait seems to be endless

I wish you all luck despite the extra expense you now have to endure due to delay, enjoy your celebration drinks when you all finally get there.

Hi Skeesley, Julie, Alan and others not getting through until after June, It must be so disappointing I feel for all of you, do I assume that all applicants from early May to end of June 2014 will now be put through in the following years allocation? does anyone know if this regularly happens? Do the amount of applicants go up each year? I am wondering if we too will be delayed further when our turn comes round next year, the wait seems to be endless

I wish you all luck despite the extra expense you now have to endure due to delay, enjoy your celebration drinks when you all finally get there.

Hi. Just returned from NZ and no problem re-entering oz. As immi said there is still a chance we could be I this years quota I am still hoping. Last year a remember reading that parents were made to wait up to 6 weeks after being processed by Case Officer and THEN being told no quota left. Kim

Hi. Just returned from NZ and no problem re-entering oz. As immi said there is still a chance we could be I this years quota I am still hoping. Last year a remember reading that parents were made to wait up to 6 weeks after being processed by Case Officer and THEN being told no quota left. Kim

It just get better and better! NOT

Did I miss something?! I don't remember reading anything about the 2014 allocation having been reached?

Did I miss something?! I don't remember reading anything about the 2014 allocation having been reached?

I sent email to immi asking likely timesscales before we got Case Officer. Was told we MAY be in this years quota but wouldn't confirm. As only our lodgement only 17 days after 6 May very worrying they can't confirm us getting through this year especially after all the high levels of applicants reason has been quoted as to several periods of no progress this year!!!

I sent email to immi asking likely timesscales before we got Case Officer. Was told we MAY be in this years quota but wouldn't confirm. As only our lodgement only 17 days after 6 May very worrying they can't confirm us getting through this year especially after all the high levels of applicants reason has been quoted as to several periods of no progress this year!!!

So does this mean, that if they have reached or nearly reached the quota, that processing will only pick up again after July? I'm assuming it goes by financial year?

I can't believe how tedious this process is. Just when you think that you are getting somewhere, the wheels grind to a halt! :sad:

So does this mean, that if they have reached or nearly reached the quota, that processing will only pick up again after July? I'm assuming it goes by financial year?

I can't believe how tedious this process is. Just when you think that you are getting somewhere, the wheels grind to a halt! :sad:

Hi. Moomin

Tedious, frustrating, annoying, I could go on....... And on.......

if the update doesn't move forward this week I swear I'll ask Geordie Joe to go sort them out!

so near yet so far, hang on in Skeesley and Steely.

Julie

yes it's silly o'clock again 04.20 am

Oh dear, it doesn't sound good but let's remember that Immi aren't good at committing to anything, it might just be a stock answer.