Guest guest36187

Hi Linda,

I am using an agent - is this something that the agent will automatically do, get this number for the medical and the referral letter from IMMI?

Sadge

I'm using an agent too. As far as I'm concerned, my agent does everything - it's what I pay them for, and they don't come cheap, do they? You know the old saying - there's no point keeping a dog and barking yourself. They stressed that I should respond promptly to whatever instructions they send to me, and they also say "we will advise clients when they should proceed with Police and medical checks ... ". I would check through the stuff your agent provided you with to see what they say.

I'm using an agent too. As far as I'm concerned, my agent does everything - it's what I pay them for, and they don't come cheap, do they? You know the old saying - there's no point keeping a dog and barking yourself. They stressed that I should respond promptly to whatever instructions they send to me, and they also say "we will advise clients when they should proceed with Police and medical checks ... ". I would check through the stuff your agent provided you with to see what they say.

Thanks Catlady. Looks as though there are several of us here who'll be celebrating the next step pretty soon. The process certainly teaches one patience and that's for sure.

Hi Linda,

I am using an agent - is this something that the agent will automatically do, get this number for the medical and the referral letter from IMMI?

Sadge

Hi @Sadge

Did you ask for the referral letter for the AoS from IMMI? Did they make any comments saying this was a bit premature at all? Asking as I may ask for this also

Thanks

Alan

Hi @Sadge

Did you ask for the referral letter for the AoS from IMMI? Did they make any comments saying this was a bit premature at all? Asking as I may ask for this also

Thanks

Alan

No, I haven't asked for anything, I'm relying on my agent to do whatever is required.

Hi Linda,

Sadge

Hi Sadge

We also used an agent and were also one of the lucky ones to get all the AOS, police check info and HAP nos. With our acknowledgment. I believe your agents will send you all the relevant information when you get your case officer.

We had already had police checks both in the UK and Oz and we had our medicals completed because two years ago when we started all this that's how the process worked. It's such a shame you have to leave things now till last minute.

Hope things go well for you

Maisie

Hi all

Two questions on the 143.

I spoke to Australia House in London on Friday and during the conversation I mentioned that if we were in Australia on an e651 visa then we have to leave the country and go offshore for the 143 to be granted - the staff member said no we don't; has anyone had experience of this and confirm who's correct?

Also, if we are in Australia and do have to leave to activate the visa, do we have to do it together of can we do so separately? (it's all down to dog care issues with our family)

These things are a worry to us and feeling very stressed and feel like giving it all up today.

Cheers

Steve

Hi @Steve2

Take it from someone who has run the course "it will, eventually....... all magically fall into place"

The long long long wait will soon be over as more and more of my fellow "2014ers" open the door and leave the waiting room.

Steve the reality of that cold beer in Little Creatures is getting closer and closer, hang in there, your time is approaching.

Cheers Cobber

Phil

Hi @Steve2

Take it from someone who has run the course "it will, eventually....... all magically fall into place"

The long long long wait will soon be over as more and more of my fellow "2014ers" open the door and leave the waiting room.

Steve the reality of that cold beer in Little Creatures is getting closer and closer, hang in there, your time is approaching.

Cheers Cobber

Phil

Cheers Phil, really can't wait!!

Guest geordie joe
Hi

Wooohooo! Just had the request for the 2nd VAC, we are very smiley people at the moment :jiggy:

maisie

Nothing beats the Whoohooo posts on here, great news Maisie, nearly out the door.

Hi

Wooohooo! Just had the request for the 2nd VAC, we are very smiley people at the moment :jiggy:

maisie

Wonderful news Maisie - who would have thought we'd all be celebrating being asked for a chunk of our life savings!

Great news Maisie and to all you other 2014ers about to go through the door good luck, your messages have been extremely helpful (and worrying) we are a year behind you and I hope the wait doesn't get longer than two years ! It is frustrating not knowing how many people have applied in a year. Does anyone know whether immi process all applications from around the world in the Perth office?

Cheers from me when you all get there and meet up in a bar.

hi Guys,

Recently I've got my PR granted after 5 long years of waiting but finally it pay off when I received the good news.

Next is to migrate my mum over here, she has 3 children and both I and my brother (aust citizen) are Australia resident now, so that makes my mum eligible to apply for the parent contributory program.

my question:

- is it better to go through with an agent? will it speed things up?

- if we apply now is the waiting list still up to 2 years of waiting?

- while waiting for her PR can she remain in Australia till visa granted?

- for the the lump sum payment, do you pay the dept when the visa is granted or when submitting the application during initial stage?

Looking forward hearing from you guys, thanks.

hi Guys,

Recently I've got my PR granted after 5 long years of waiting but finally it pay off when I received the good news.

Next is to migrate my mum over here, she has 3 children and both I and my brother (aust citizen) are Australia resident now, so that makes my mum eligible to apply for the parent contributory program.

my question:

- is it better to go through with an agent? will it speed things up?

- if we apply now is the waiting list still up to 2 years of waiting?

- while waiting for her PR can she remain in Australia till visa granted?

- for the the lump sum payment, do you pay the dept when the visa is granted or when submitting the application during initial stage?

Looking forward hearing from you guys, thanks.

welcome to the forum! I'm not sure I can answer all your questions but I'll tell you what I know. Firstly, the payment - I think for all visas you pay a first VAC ( visa application charge) of about $5000 when you send in your application. A second VAC (the balance of the money and the bigger payment) when they are ready to grant the visa. If you apply for an offshore contributory parent visa, this involve a wait of about two years. I know that some people go to Australia to visit and then apply for an aged parents visa while there, asking for a bridging visa that enables them to stay in Australia till the aged parents visa is granted. I don't know much about this, but I'm sure somebody else on here will help you.

your question about using an agent? Well, it's quite possible to go through the whole process by yourself, saving the agents fee, particularly if your mums circumstances are fairly straightforward. However, it can be quite stressful and time consuming doing it yourself - so if you have the money and want someone to help you through it, you might want to use an agent. good luck!

welcome to the forum! I'm not sure I can answer all your questions but I'll tell you what I know. Firstly, the payment - I think for all visas you pay a first VAC ( visa application charge) of about $5000 when you send in your application. A second VAC (the balance of the money and the bigger payment) when they are ready to grant the visa. If you apply for an offshore contributory parent visa, this involve a wait of about two years. I know that some people go to Australia to visit and then apply for an aged parents visa while there, asking for a bridging visa that enables them to stay in Australia till the aged parents visa is granted. I don't know much about this, but I'm sure somebody else on here will help you.

your question about using an agent? Well, it's quite possible to go through the whole process by yourself, saving the agents fee, particularly if your mums circumstances are fairly straightforward. However, it can be quite stressful and time consuming doing it yourself - so if you have the money and want someone to help you through it, you might want to use an agent. good luck!

sorry, I just quoted about $5000 for the first vac- that's for two people. It would be less for one of course. You can find th costs on the Australian immigration web site.