Guest guest36187

Hi everyone. Looking through all the posts it seems that most of the "posters" are well on the way to having their visas granted and finally moving. Well done!

I only lodged my 143 application in December 15 so clearly have a long wait ahead. There must be lots more parents out there in the same situation so it would be good to make contact so that we can provide mutual support as has so evidently been the case for those of you who already have this experience of being in the waiting room for what must seem to be an eternity.

Can someone answer a couple of questions for me please?

1) If I happen to be in Australia on Holiday when meds are requested then can I have them done there? Would that end up being a lot more expensive or not?

2) When I finally am (hopefully) granted my 143 visa, then if I came to Australia for say a couple of months to activate it then returned to the UK to finish sorting out things (such as house sale) here, then where would I be "officially" resident, for example in terms of health care and tax.

Thank you in advance for any replies. It really is brilliant to have this sort of forum.

Hi AMP, I am a little way in front of you, 143 lodged 19-3-2015.

like others we have decided to "just go for it" and move out in December 2016 ( 20 months in ) on e600 visitors visa and wait it out in Australia.

we have already sold our house and have the money in our Oz bank account making us 3% interest.

I too have a couple of questions.

1) does anyone actually get turned down for the CPV or is it " a done deal " ????

2) how long does it take to get the e600 visa ? I don't think it's instant like the 3 month e-visa online ? and we want to get one before we book flights etc.

Many thanks for your reply Phil, that was really useful. I suppose I'm just panicking a bit at the thought that it all seems to come together very quickly once it really starts to roll. I'm very reluctant to do anything about selling up until I eventually get a definite YES, just in case ultimately the visa isn't granted. Who knows, health can change so quickly, visa rules change etc etc. Sorry to introduce potential negatives but these come from direct experience. Still, it's good to know that even if ultimately I haven't got everything sorted out by the time the visa comes through then I still have quite a lot of leeway to complete things. In the meantime I'm getting on well with the de junking!!!

By the way, how do I get the key info about lodgement date etc showing at the bottom of my posts? I've already added them to my profile.

Many thanks for your reply Phil, that was really useful. I suppose I'm just panicking a bit at the thought that it all seems to come together very quickly once it really starts to roll. I'm very reluctant to do anything about selling up until I eventually get a definite YES, just in case ultimately the visa isn't granted. Who knows, health can change so quickly, visa rules change etc etc. Sorry to introduce potential negatives but these come from direct experience. Still, it's good to know that even if ultimately I haven't got everything sorted out by the time the visa comes through then I still have quite a lot of leeway to complete things. In the meantime I'm getting on well with the de junking!!!

By the way, how do I get the key info about lodgement date etc showing at the bottom of my posts? I've already added them to my profile.

Hi Amp,

De-cluttering takes forever. We have found ourselves decluttering what has already been decluttered.

If you go into settings and edit signature you can add all your relevant info there.

Cheers

Phil:rolleyes:

Hi Wishfull, good to know that there are others out there with dates not too dissimilar to mine. Yes, there are some great tips on this forum so I need to start following it very closely. At least when your extra requests start coming through then I know that mine should follow about a month later.

Hi Amp,

De-cluttering takes forever. We have found ourselves decluttering what has already been decluttered.

If you go into settings and edit signature you can add all your relevant info there.

Cheers

Phil:rolleyes:

Thanks, signature editing now done (hopefully)!

Hi Wishfull, good to know that there are others out there with dates not too dissimilar to mine. Yes, there are some great tips on this forum so I need to start following it very closely. At least when your extra requests start coming through then I know that mine should follow about a month later.

Yes we just need to find someone with a Sept 15 and an Oct 15 lodgement date so that we can get a sequence going to follow.

• Like 1

Yes we just need to find someone with a Sept 15 and an Oct 15 lodgement date so that we can get a sequence going to follow.

I'm following all information too! I'm just in front of you and am intending moving out about 6-7 months before I envisage the visa to be granted. (All chickens in basket for me, if it doesn't get granted, I'll be in the proverbial ****)!

getting very excited for quite a few in the waiting room who are very close.........jealous too!!

Good luck to us all, hopefully the queue will shorten rather than lengthen.

Guest geordie joe
Hi AMP, I am a little way in front of you, 143 lodged 19-3-2015.

like others we have decided to "just go for it" and move out in December 2016 ( 20 months in ) on e600 visitors visa and wait it out in Australia.

we have already sold our house and have the money in our Oz bank account making us 3% interest.

I too have a couple of questions.

1) does anyone actually get turned down for the CPV or is it " a done deal " ????

2) how long does it take to get the e600 visa ? I don't think it's instant like the 3 month e-visa online ? and we want to get one before we book flights etc.

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately it's not a done deal, some people have been turned down due to medical issues which comes down to the cost of on going treatment in Australia. The e600 visa took us about 4/5 weeks however that was due to immi requesting we had medical insurance to cover the duration of the trip, unfortunately they wouldn't tell us if we needed full cover such as BUPA provides or a travel policy with the usual medical covers. Despite emailing them and asking for clarification we kept getting the same cut and paste response saying we needed medical insurance. In the end we opted and paid for the 12 month travel cover which cost around £600 emailed a copy and the visa came through.

Joe

Does anyone know the cost of shipping items out......approximately. Do they have special boxes that need to be used, or could I start boxing now?

For those that are in Australia waiting for the visa being granted, did you book a return flight or one way? A travel agent I spoke to thought that a one way ticket could cause a problem on a tourist visa.

I am just looking into things in case I decide to go out later this year, flights are supposed to be cheaper if you book well in advance.

Any thoughts, information gratefully received.

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately it's not a done deal, some people have been turned down due to medical issues which comes down to the cost of on going treatment in Australia. The e600 visa took us about 4/5 weeks however that was due to immi requesting we had medical insurance to cover the duration of the trip, unfortunately they wouldn't tell us if we needed full cover such as BUPA provides or a travel policy with the usual medical covers. Despite emailing them and asking for clarification we kept getting the same cut and paste response saying we needed medical insurance. In the end we opted and paid for the 12 month travel cover which cost around £600 emailed a copy and the visa came through.

Joe

Hi Joe

Was the £600 insurance for 1 or more persons?

Bev

I have a question I hope somebody can answer. We need to have our Medicals, police checks etc. finished scanned and away by March 4th. We have booked flights to Sydney for a holiday, leaving on March 9th and are not coming back until mid May. so it seems likely that immi might grant our visa (if we pass our Medicals!!!!!) while we are in Australia. Is there any way we can so them to wait until we are back in the UK (seems a bit ungrateful) or should we just wait till we hear and fly to New Zealand or somewhere if we have to. ( for newcomers to this group, you can't be in Australia when the 143 is granted.)

I've seen this question before but the answer was then was to contact your case officer, but we don't appear to have one. All advice gratefully received, as always.

Does anyone know the cost of shipping items out......approximately. Do they have special boxes that need to be used, or could I start boxing now?

For those that are in Australia waiting for the visa being granted, did you book a return flight or one way? A travel agent I spoke to thought that a one way ticket could cause a problem on a tourist visa.

I am just looking into things in case I decide to go out later this year, flights are supposed to be cheaper if you book well in advance.

Any thoughts, information gratefully received.

Re:cost of shipping things out. There has been a lot on this thread about "move cubes". You rent a move cube which Forms a part load (I think) and takes less but also costs less. Many people have written about their experiences using these including one kind person who supplied photographs to show how much you could fit in one. It's not for someone who wants to pack up the house and send everything but I've been thinkin it would suit us ... Enough space to take clothes, bedding, kitchen stuff,whatever but leave the furniture behind. I'm sure if you press search on here you'll find something comes up.

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

Was the £600 insurance for 1 or more persons?

Bev

Hi Bev,

The £600 was for 2 people. Regarding your question re flights, we booked return flights as there was little difference in price (around £250) and if for any reason the visa was rejected we could use these for the dreaded return to the UK.

Joe

By the time my 143 comes through I'll be almost 65 so now I'm wondering if I should have waited and gone for an "aged parent visa". Does anyone know anything about them? How long do they take? What is the cost? Are the benifits the same? Etc. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

I'm in much the same boat, I will be 65 in June. There is an over 65 visa, still costs as much I think but only takes about 6 months. So, if processing times get any longer for the 143, the over 65 would be an option for me. But I've more or less decided to get an e600 and wait it out in Australia unless times stay as they are, in which case I should get my visa in October.

Aged'parent reads onshore,going out on tourist visa and 'hoping' all goes well the way

I read it,I think it was stopped for a few months a while back then reintroduced , we looked at lt and decided the 'stress 'for us is better being in the waiting room,65 is no age if your in good health,winter is nearly over and Spring is on the doorstep.ruby

Aged'parent reads onshore,going out on tourist visa and 'hoping' all goes well the way

I read it,I think it was stopped for a few months a while back then reintroduced , we looked at lt and decided the 'stress 'for us is better being in the waiting room,65 is no age if your in good health,winter is nearly over and Spring is on the doorstep.ruby

We are in the same situation as you, lodged visa 9th June 2015, and agree with your thinking re stress. My husband has just turned 68 and I am now 65, both in good health. We plan to visit both our children's families in Australia in August, one to welcome a new addition! Also to visit our eldest son in America for a summer holiday and at Xmas ( hopefully our last winter in UK). Keep occupied is our motto

Geoff and Gill

Hi IanS61 we are close to your date lodged our 143 on 28/4/15 acknowledged 30/4/15 we are in Australia at present on a 600 visa have to leave in May. Have been a member for some time and have learnt so much from the site. Let's hope immi get a change of heart and speed up over the next year ?

Hi IanS61 we are close to your date lodged our 143 on 28/4/15 acknowledged 30/4/15 we are in Australia at present on a 600 visa have to leave in May. Have been a member for some time and have learnt so much from the site. Let's hope immi get a change of heart and speed up over the next year 

Hi HarrisL16

do you have to leave / re-enter every 3 months on a 600 visa ? also does the 12 month limit start on first entry to Australia or from visa grant ?

as you say, I hope things speed up !