Guest guest36187

Hi, can somebody please tell me - does the CPV visa 143 entitle the holder to medicare such as lower prescription charges etc? - is this the Health Care Card? The IMMI site says that people holding a permanent visa qualify, but I've seen earlier mention on this forum of both 2 years wait and 4 years wait for eligibility, although I'm not too sure which visas these related to.

As already stated you will have full Medicare rights but will pay the same for prescriptions as anyone else, and it can be costly. When you have been a permanent resident for 2 years, and if you are over 65 and meet the income requirements, you can then apply for the Commonwealth Seniors Health card, You will then pay around $6 for your prescriptions.

Guest geordie joe
Got request for 2nd vac yesterday after a hiccup over Xray. I had to get a repeat one on 2oth Jan, exactly 2 years after lodgement.

Joyron

Great news, be nice to finally see someone in the waiting room receive that elusive email.

Got request for 2nd vac yesterday after a hiccup over Xray. I had to get a repeat one on 2oth Jan, exactly 2 years after lodgement.

Joyron

Hey joyron

Congratulations. You will get your visa soon in no time

whats your lodgement date ?

when you got CO assigned ?

Please share any other information will be helpfull to us :)

Thanks

harvi

With less than 4 hours before flight back and I still had no visitor visa we managed to speak to visa dept in Auckland and they said pay a travel agent to get an ETA do we googled nearest travel agent and 5 minutes and $30 cost I had an ETA approved. Never knew you could do that as always apply for electronic e-visa on line so thought I would share in case useful to anyone. Back 'home ' in Sydney and got 3 months before we have to leave again so come on immi be nice to me please - some good news with this weeks test update for starters Kim

We must have received our HAP numbers when we had our acknowledgment letter on 3rd November 2014. All had to be completed within 12 months from 12 th May 2014. It would be nice and wouldn't take more than a few seconds for an email to say medicals are ok or not. Feel that we have wasted 2 years of our lives not knowing anything.

Hi RoyG. Well thanks for that and really interesting to see disparity in dates and Info given. We had to send new passport details to update our application recently and we cheekily asked if we could be given some ballpark idea of when we might get case officer and the answer was "no". Short and not so sweet - must have taken up sooooo much time writing that answer!!!! Kim

Our lodgement date was 20 Jan 2014 and CO beginning of December but my repeat Xray had to be 3 months after first medical so had to be 20th Jan. The medicals aren't looked at till CO assigned.

joyron

Hi Joyron,

Congratulations on the big news, hope you get your visa right after your VAC payment.

Wondering if you were informed by the medical provider who performed your medicals that you need to repeat Xray? or was it the CO that let you know?

Cheers,

Nassim

As already stated you will have full Medicare rights but will pay the same for prescriptions as anyone else, and it can be costly. When you have been a permanent resident for 2 years, and if you are over 65 and meet the income requirements, you can then apply for the Commonwealth Seniors Health card, You will then pay around $6 for your prescriptions.

Do you know the income requirements?

Hi guys. Immi now in routine of releasing new update on Thursday. I reckon 'dress down' day been introduced in immi for Friday's but appears parents visa dept think Friday is 'pens down' day as they misheard hence they change from Friday to Thursday for updates Kim

Not such good news then, but it's good to be forewarned. Thank you.

(Wish there was a 'Thanks' button as well as a 'Like', as I don't like the answer but it's good to know these things).:sad:

Hi everyone, well like some others on this forum we have got fed up waiting and are going out to Canberra in October. We lodged our application in January 2015 and working on the assumption that we will get our visa hopefully by Jan/Feb 2017. Both our children are in Canberra and I know it gets some groans but we are not beach people's and we love it that it does have the seasons. Hopefully there won't be a problem with the Medicals and police checks. Now to break it to our respective families. Had enough of the waiting room!!

Hi Gogirl1. We have had to jump through hoops a few times because we came out early - mainly to let our then 16 year finish school here. Still have no regrets. At least you are aware of likely 2 year wait. When we applied 18 months seemed the longest then. Seems like an eternity ago now when we came out and honestly feel for those waiting in uk etc as don't think I could have done it especially if could not have been here with the birth of a prem grandson 6 months and my daughter's pregnancy problems. Only downside is being here I think you then truly feel the fear of being turned down as thought of having to return to uk now terrifies me with regular nightmares. We haven't visited Canberra yet and sounds lovely road trip from Sydney so will wave when we get there and know you will be enjoying. Good luck with telling family - lots of hankies Kim

Do you know the income requirements?

The Commonwealth Seniors Health Card is subject to an income test which is indexed on 20 September each year and includes:

• adjusted taxable income, and

• a deemed amount from account based income streams

There is no assets test.

You should have an annual income of less than:

• $52,273 for singles

• $83,636 for couples combined, or

• $104,546 for couples combined, who are separated by illness or respite care, or where one partner is in prison

The income limit is increased by $639.60 for each dependent child you care for.

Hi all

have just received a terrifying / exciting email from immi requesting AOS letter from centre point, medicals, police checks and a scanned copy of form 80. We're going to book medicals today ( in the UK) and are wondering whether they all charge the same? The list gives addresses in Manchester and Birmingham which are both feasible for us, also we are in London for a week and there's an address in Knightsbridge. panicking a bit because it's all got to be done in 28 days. All / any tips and advice welcome. Thanks

Hi all

have just received a terrifying / exciting email from immi requesting AOS letter from centre point, medicals, police checks and a scanned copy of form 80. We're going to book medicals today ( in the UK) and are wondering whether they all charge the same? The list gives addresses in Manchester and Birmingham which are both feasible for us, also we are in London for a week and there's an address in Knightsbridge. panicking a bit because it's all got to be done in 28 days. All / any tips and advice welcome. Thanks

Congratulations Fisher when was your lodgement date? Exciting times

Maisie