Guest guest36187

Dates and the 143

Hello everyone I have tried to ask this before but got confused...If, say, the 143 is granted in December 2017 do I then go and reside in Australia within six months? A year? Three months? If I can find out now it will help me plan a bit. Thanks, Custardy.

Dates and the 143

Hello everyone I have tried to ask this before but got confused...If, say, the 143 is granted in December 2017 do I then go and reside in Australia within six months? A year? Three months? If I can find out now it will help me plan a bit. Thanks, Custardy.

Once the VISA is granted then you will have to activate it within 12 months from the earliest of the date of the Medical or the Police Checks. By activate, it means you must enter Australia. You are then free, in theory, to leave again immediately if you really needed/wanted to, although that would not usually be necessary as you'd be moving there and then potentially.

Once the VISA is granted then you will have to activate it within 12 months from the earliest of the date of the Medical or the Police Checks. By activate, it means you must enter Australia. You are then free, in theory, to leave again immediately if you really needed/wanted to, although that would not usually be necessary as you'd be moving there and then potentially.

It is very helpful, thanks again, Custardy.

Does anyone have a link to the actual table of fees that clearly states the total cost of the 143? It eludes me currently.....Thanks in advance, Custardy.

Heres the link but the table isn't simple unfortunately. I remember when my mil applied 2 years ago we worked it out to be a total of $103k for her and her hubby using the table attached...no doubt it's been updated and fees raised since...

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

Received a very welcome email from Immi this morning confirming our visa's have been granted.

Unfortunately it was only our e600 12 month tourist visa, but hey it's a visa grant and we know we can now travel to Perth at the end of Novemeber. Hopefully immi will step up the pace with the 143 grants, whilst we are looking forward to a few months holiday, I will be returning to work once the visa is granted to keep the current Mrs K stocked up with shoes and handbags, she reckons the 3 shipping boxes she has filled is not anyway near enough.

Joe

Hi Joe

I was under the impression that you could not get a tourist visa while the 143 was in, this could change my plans! Did you have to inform immi that were are applying for the e600? and how do you know when they are granting your 143 to ensure you are out of the country? Any further info would be gratefully received. I have sold my house and am just in limbo waiting for things to move on.

Bev

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

I was under the impression that you could not get a tourist visa while the 143 was in, this could change my plans! Did you have to inform immi that were are applying for the e600? and how do you know when they are granting your 143 to ensure you are out of the country? Any further info would be gratefully received. I have sold my house and am just in limbo waiting for things to move on.

Bev

Hi Bev,

Its not an issue applying for a tourist visa whilst waiting for a parent visa to be granted. I did inform immi I had an application in place for a 143 visa on the 600e visa application and I will inform them once I arrive and let them know I'm onshore. Obviously they will request the 2nd vac payment and I understand from previous posters they give you notice when the grant is likely to happen at which time we will travel to offshore until the visa is granted.

regards

Joe

Hi All,

Just a bit of info on Medicals, for all those waiting. We have completed ours today at The Spire in Manchester.

Buy 1 and get another a bit cheaper, £532 for both.

Another box ticked along the journey.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

May I ask , who requested Medicals and Police checks? Was this your agent, or were you actually contacted by the perth office/case officer?

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Phil,

May I ask , who requested Medicals and Police checks? Was this your agent, or were you actually contacted by the perth office/case officer?

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Nassim,

Our Agent (who is in Perth) was contacted and given the HAP ID and also asked that our AOS make contact with Centrelink.

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil - good to hear you are having some progress. We are living over here in Sydney whilst waiting for our visa and interestingly I was just looking up cost of Medicals here - we have 3 to pay for as got our teenage son on application as well and cost here is around $350 each which is about £175 ish for one and £350 for 2 so sounds like that's one small saving in the grand scale of things. Sounds like you are one of the first Immi is 'pre-calling' which is what I believe they used to do before they gave you dates with acknowledgment for Medicals etc. Warming up nicely here now but had fair share of rain - here's hoping good jump with immi this week. Regards Kim

Hi Nassim,

Our Agent (who is in Perth) was contacted and given the HAP ID and also asked that our AOS make contact with Centrelink.

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply.

My mom is 30th of April 2014 so not much further from you, but we got instruction on getting our medicals and AOS and everything in our acknowledgement letter, received around October 2014.

Anyway the good news is that we are moving closer :)

Cheers,

Nassim

Thanks for that, it has changed my future plans, as I said I was under the impression a tourist visa was not available while the 143 was in, this means I can plan to have a 'gap time' and go a lot earlier than expected, before I emigrate and go back to work for the rest of my days.........:-)

Hi Bev,

Its not an issue applying for a tourist visa whilst waiting for a parent visa to be granted. I did inform immi I had an application in place for a 143 visa on the 600e visa application and I will inform them once I arrive and let them know I'm onshore. Obviously they will request the 2nd vac payment and I understand from previous posters they give you notice when the grant is likely to happen at which time we will travel to offshore until the visa is granted.

regards

/Thanks for that, it has changed my future plans, as I said I was under the impression a tourist visa was not available while the 143 was in, this means I can plan to have a 'gap time' and go a lot earlier than expected, before I emigrate and go back to work for the rest of my days.........:-)

]

Hi All,

Just a bit of info on Medicals, for all those waiting. We have completed ours today at The Spire in Manchester.

Buy 1 and get another a bit cheaper, £532 for both.

Another box ticked along the journey.

Cheers

Phil

Wow, that was a long wait for medicals, I was expecting these to be within at least 9 months of acknowledgement! But thanks for the info I had no idea of the cost.

Good morning everyone

Test email as of this morning says 10th Jan 2014 for 143 applications - somewhat disappointed that it hadn't moved further on, but at least the date had moved a bit.

Julie

Looks like they are keeping it steady at 22 months.

At least it is not more that 22 months for now so hope it stays that way! (not really hopeful that they will go any quicker)

Guest geordie joe
Good morning everyone

Test email as of this morning says 10th Jan 2014 for 143 applications - somewhat disappointed that it hadn't moved further on, but at least the date had moved a bit.

Julie

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the Friday update, looks like a bit of a pattern they leap forward getting people's hopes up then slow down again. Wish I could learn to be patient.

Joe

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the Friday update, looks like a bit of a pattern they leap forward getting people's hopes up then slow down again. Wish I could learn to be patient.

Joe

Hi Joe

Yes it is disappointing progress, but at least it is progress.

It's a good job they don't have a question on the application pack asking if we have the patience of a saint!!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Joe

Yes it is disappointing progress, but at least it is progress.

It's a good job they don't have a question on the application pack asking if we have the patience of a saint!!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yeah, maybe it should be on there. Don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting really good at watching the kettle boil. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers

Phil