Guest guest36187

Thanks Val!

I just saw the 'breaking news" advisory, and it says:

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT (subclass 173 - 143 and 884 - 864)

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 21 January 2015.

so it seems the timelines would be 6 to 7 months too. I thought it would take years..

Thanks for your inputs.. will keep you all posted

Hi there,

The 173 visa is only valid for 2 years so it stands to reason that they wouldn't take too long in granting the 143. That said, I'm sure it mentioned on my paperwork that it was the responsibility of the applicant to ensure their 173 to 143 application was done within the time constraints as there could be an overlap where you wouldn't have a valid visa and therefore no residency rights.

Hope you applied in time - we all know how strict they are!

Good luck, Val

Hi Val

Any luck with your house sale?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

No, nothing doing. Everyone nearby with a For Sale sign up is still there. That's the thing with these pretty semi rural areas - no industry so therefore no jobs. On top of that we have quite poor transport links into the big towns and Manchester.

We have booked to go to Brisbane for a few weeks at Christmas and will use the time wisely researching housing and maybe even jobs too.

Well done on your sale, at least you'll be ready to go when your visa is granted. Or, you could just go and be a tourist for a few months till you get it. Trouble is, you won't be able to ship your stuff till it is!

What have we all done!

Take it easy, Val

Hi Steve,

No, nothing doing. Everyone nearby with a For Sale sign up is still there. That's the thing with these pretty semi rural areas - no industry so therefore no jobs. On top of that we have quite poor transport links into the big towns and Manchester.

We have booked to go to Brisbane for a few weeks at Christmas and will use the time wisely researching housing and maybe even jobs too.

Well done on your sale, at least you'll be ready to go when your visa is granted. Or, you could just go and be a tourist for a few months till you get it. Trouble is, you won't be able to ship your stuff till it is!

What have we all done!

Take it easy, Val

Hi Val

That's a shame and so frustrating for you.

We came unstuck as we didn't expect to sell so quickly and are having problems finding a decent rental.

As you say - what have we all done!

Hope you get some positive news soon on your house sale.

All the best

Steve

They may say they are assessing 3 September however our application was lodged on 30 August 2013 and they haven't told us what the outcome is yet, maybe we're not flavour of the month!

Bob

IMMI seem to work in weird and mysterious ways so hang in in there!!

Guest Petina
.... and they are quoting 18-22 months

I look forward to the day when I see your whoooohoo on PIO, then I will put the champers on ice!!

Petina

Still around!

I look forward to the day when I see your whoooohoo on PIO, then I will put the champers on ice!!

Petina

Still around!

Hi Petina, Can't wait for the day we all clink glasses together :wink: xx

As we've sold our house and moved we've not got access to the internet so we have to keep visiting the Garden Centre, the pub and friends houses to get online LOL - so I'm still around xxxxx

Any young single parents on here, or even young parents who are still together? Heading out will not even be in the pipeline for another couple of years before application etc begins once I finish my degree, work, gain experience and save for a while by which stage my son will be maybe 5. Any experiences would be super to hear. So far my research has led me to the conclusion that this isn't going to happen for us unless I find a very rich man between now and application time lol x

Any young single parents on here, or even young parents who are still together? Heading out will not even be in the pipeline for another couple of years before application etc begins once I finish my degree, work, gain experience and save for a while by which stage my son will be maybe 5. Any experiences would be super to hear. So far my research has led me to the conclusion that this isn't going to happen for us unless I find a very rich man between now and application time lol x

Hello there,

I have a feeling that you've stumbled upon the wrong thread for your needs. This thread deals with the parents of people who have already migrated to Australia, settled there and maybe had a couple of kids. We miss our kids and grandchildren in Australia so much that we are prepared to pay the Australian government around $50,000 each in order to do that.....oh, and they make us wait about 2 years to give us their descision!

I hope you find the thread that you need and also hope you find your dream of getting to Australia too!

Good luck! Val

Thanks Fran! appreciate your response and good on you it went all smooth. As for the 1st install payment when you lodged, did they receipt you right away?

Hi Ginny, sorry for the delay had to find the letter from Immigration my application was received on the 27th May 2014 and they replied by post on the 30th May so I reckon thats the same as receipting the 1st Val and with that letter they asked for the AOS to be lodged in my case it was $10,000, and there is a charge of $300 for opening that account, which is a bit much I think, but the only upside is that the interest rate on the AOS is 4% which is fairly decent.

Hi we lodged on 1 April 2014 so a very similar time to you was hoping to be there for Christmas this year but it doesn't look like that will happen now unless they speed up a bit

Unfortunately it's unlikely you'll have your visa before Christmas. My MIL applied in September 2013. At the time I told her she'd have at least an 18 month wait before she being allocated a case officer. It has now been 22 months and she is still waiting. A month ago she asked IMMI how much longer and they said they were dealing with applications lodged 2 weeks before hers, however, there was an increase in applications at the end of August 2013 as IMMI increased their fees on 1 September 2013 so these must be delaying her case further.

When she applied waiting times were approximately 18 months with immigration anticipating they would bring waiting times down to 12 months but this has clearly not happened and in fact waiting times have increased.

Hi Ginny, sorry for the delay had to find the letter from Immigration my application was received on the 27th May 2014 and they replied by post on the 30th May so I reckon thats the same as receipting the 1st Val and with that letter they asked for the AOS to be lodged in my case it was $10,000, and there is a charge of $300 for opening that account, which is a bit much I think, but the only upside is that the interest rate on the AOS is 4% which is fairly decent.

Hi summerdaisy,

My mom's application was 30th of April so a month before you and she was also advised to start the AOS process after 30th of April 2015. As I am sure you know it was a very quick process and we applied on May 27th and were asked to lodge the AOS money in less than 2 weeks.

I have hold on doing so as the wait times has grown but if you say the interest rate is 4% that is pretty good and more than you can get on any term deposit in Australia. May I ask you where you got that information, from the bank? I take it you did open the account and your AOS process is now done right?

Could you also let me know how you made an appointment with the bank, as I tried calling my branch million of times but they just don't pick up and I am too lazy to walk in :)

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Nassim, The AOS has to be lodged with the Commonwealth Bank, and you would have to make an appointment and call in but some of their branches are open on Saturday and Sundays for a few hours, I just rang them and got an appointment. The interest rate is 4.10%, because I got the first statement from them recently and that was the rate they applied to the AOS. Mine was lodged last July. I got the Permanent Residency in January of this year. You might want to look at the correspondence you got from them because there might be a timeframe on when you lodge the AOS and it could hold up your visa.

Best wishes, Fran.

Hi Nassim, The AOS has to be lodged with the Commonwealth Bank, and you would have to make an appointment and call in but some of their branches are open on Saturday and Sundays for a few hours, I just rang them and got an appointment. The interest rate is 4.10%, because I got the first statement from them recently and that was the rate they applied to the AOS. Mine was lodged last July. I got the Permanent Residency in January of this year. You might want to look at the correspondence you got from them because there might be a timeframe on when you lodge the AOS and it could hold up your visa.

Best wishes, Fran.

Hi Fran,

Thanks for your reply, looks like you were applying for 173>143 on May 2014 so you are well ahead of us:)

I should really check with the bank on the interest rate and if it is actually this high just go ahead and lodge the AOS although it may be another good 6 months (or more) before my mom gets the visa (143).

I talked to centerlink people extensively about this and they were very helpful. I should be good to lodge the AOS money with the bank within 13 weeks of the AOS application without needing to lodge another AOS application to the centerlink.

Thank you very much for the information.

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi all in the waiting room

This mornings TEST email states that the waiting time for offshore 143 is 18 - 22 moths, currently assessing 11 Sep 13. It's moving along!

Julie

Hi Julie

It's like watching grass grow, paint drying etc etc !!

Guest geordie joe

This mornings TEST email states that the waiting time for offshore 143 is 18 - 22 moths, currently assessing 11 Sep 13. It's moving along!

Julie

Thanks for the update Julie. As they have cleared August where they stated they had a large number of applicants due to the price hike, should we expect for them to fly through September and October as the application numbers should have been lower given the additional ones lodged in August.

Or am I being too optimistic....

Regards

Joe

Thanks for the update Julie. As they have cleared August where they stated they had a large number of applicants due to the price hike, should we expect for them to fly through September and October as the application numbers should have been lower given the additional ones lodged in August.

Or am I being too optimistic....

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe

Logic says it should be the case, but logic goes out the window sometimes when we are referring to CPV's!

Would be nice to think that by the end of August they are making a start on November and we,ve all been asked to do medicals! Ha Ha!

Julie

Julie

Well that means they moved on 8 days in a week which is a big improvement on previous dates. Lets hope they double it next week. One can but hope!! :-)

maisie xx

Guest Petina
Well that means they moved on 8 days in a week which is a big improvement on previous dates. Lets hope they double it next week. One can but hope!! :-)

maisie xx

Fingers crossed Maisie! We are still around, but hopefully not for long. Signed contract and hope to have a completion date soon. Could be last week in August!! Getting there with the cleaning and sorting - just seems to be a never ending task. Could be that we have just too much stuff!!!!

Petina