Guest guest36187

Hi Julie

Yes we're full of trepidation now we're on the market; wondering if we've done the right thing without the visa grant and what we'll do if we sell quickly.

I guess it's better to try and sell now rather than panic sell if/when we get our visas?

Have a safe journey

Steve

It's a no win situation Steve, sell your house before you get the visa and worry about not being granted it or wait until you get the visa and be possibly stuck here waiting to sell for a couple of years like our poor Vava! At least with selling first the money is in the bank and if the worst comes to the worst you can always buy again but hopefully it wont come to that. We've sold and are just waiting for our completion date but we had been on the market for 14 months before we got an offer.

maisie

Guest geordie joe
Hi Julie

Yes we're full of trepidation now we're on the market; wondering if we've done the right thing without the visa grant and what we'll do if we sell quickly.

I guess it's better to try and sell now rather than panic sell if/when we get our visas?

Have a safe journey

Steve

Hi Steve,

We went through the same concerns when we sold ours last year, moved to a rental which we hate but it's a means to an end. However on a positive note it was a great quick start to the decluttering and we wanted to move to Oz as soon as possible.

Joe

Guest Petina
Hi Petina!

You and I are on the same boat as Im too waiting for my parents official grant letter. I got their 2nd payment request on Friday 12th. I bought the check and sent it by express post on Monday 15 of June. It's been delivered on 16...I'm waiting for their corespondent patiently.

I should mention I lodged my parents contributory visa on 27 of August 2013.

Best of luck to you and hope you get your visa soon.

Hi Anna,

Have your parents received anything yet? So near...... and yet so far.......

Petina

Hi Steve,

We went through the same concerns when we sold ours last year, moved to a rental which we hate but it's a means to an end. However on a positive note it was a great quick start to the decluttering and we wanted to move to Oz as soon as possible.

Joe

Hi Joe

Yes we see it much the same way, just hope that if we need a rental it'll be decent.

The agents for rentals in Perth told our son to do some outrageous things when he left his rental this week, hope the UK ones are more sensible!

All the best

Steve

Hi Anna,

Have your parents received anything yet? So near...... and yet so far.......

Petina

Hi Petina

It seems very unfair that you're still waiting for grant seeing as you paid your 2nd VAC over a month ago.

Hope you hear very soon.

Very best wishes

Steve

Guest geordie joe
Hi Petina

do you think they've reached their allocated number of visas for the year and they are getting everyone lined up for grant on 1st July?

Julie

Good point Julie you may be right, as we have all said it would be nice if they produced a tracker.

Good point Julie you may be right, as we have all said it would be nice if they produced a tracker.

If that is the case they could at the very least put it on the "test" auto reply so everyone is aware of the situation instead of keeping us all in the dark.

Rant over!

Have a good day everyone.

Guest piramida
Not sure what you mean by the 'same form" ? You normally need to wait for the request from DIBP in order to pay the AOS (unless it's changed and if so I am sure others will correct me). We went from the 173 to the 143 and DIBP emailed the relevant forms along with the request and instructions regarding how to proceed. Hope this helps. I am not sure how long it is taking now for the 143 to be processed when you already have the 173. A few months I think - DIBP normally say between 4 and 6 months before you will hear anything but this may have changed.

Hi Bridgeman,

Thank you very much for your help.

My son have to fill same form and bring it in Centrelink.

Then we have to pay AOS. We get letter and we understand now.

We order police certificate, but on letter they ask me to make copy of passport with bio data.

I know it is page with all our details, but I do not know do they want bio metric passport or not.

I already sent copy of all page of my passport.

I don't have bio metric passport. Will that be same problem or not?

Thank you very much for any help.

Dear all

They must have heard my rant, in part at least!

The "test" reply today explains that they are still assessing for 29 August 2013 lodgements due to the increase in price for the 2nd VAC from September 2013.

Regards

Steve

Dear all

The "test" reply today explains that they are still assessing for 29 August 2013 lodgements due to the increase in price for the 2nd VAC from September 2013 they had a large number of applications in August.

Regards

Steve

Dear all

The "test" reply today explains that they are still assessing for 29 August 2013 lodgements due to the increase in price for the 2nd VAC from September 2013 they had a large number of applications in August.

Regards

Steve

Please tell me this is not right - if they are assessing 29 August 2013 on a 24-month timescale, does it mean that a lodgement date of October 2014 is a 38-month timescale? I do hope I have misinterpreted this.

Please tell me this is not right - if they are assessing 29 August 2013 on a 24-month timescale, does it mean that a lodgement date of October 2014 is a 38-month timescale? I do hope I have misinterpreted this.

Hi Catlady2014

When we applied in July 2014 the immi website said the waiting time was approximately 18 months, we were then told that due to a large number of applications leading up to July 2014 it could be 20 months, then a recent post on this thread this week said that their acknowledgement said to allow 24 months.

I sincerely hope that you have misinterpreted the information you have read and that we all get our visas granted in we'll under two years.

36 months would be a tortuous wait.

Keep looking at this thread for updates from fellow applicants so you get a good idea of progress.

Best of luck

Steve

Hi Catlady2014

When we applied in July 2014 the immi website said the waiting time was approximately 18 months, we were then told that due to a large number of applications leading up to July 2014 it could be 20 months, then a recent post on this thread this week said that their acknowledgement said to allow 24 months.

I sincerely hope that you have misinterpreted the information you have read and that we all get our visas granted in we'll under two years.

36 months would be a tortuous wait.

Keep looking at this thread for updates from fellow applicants so you get a good idea of progress.

Best of luck

Steve

Thanks Steve, but it's not looking good, is it? When I first applied, I was really expecting to be there by about this time next year but that has gone right out of the window. It's so frustrating as I have a buyer lined up for my property already (no estate agent involved), he was perfectly happy to wait a year or so but I don't think that he would hang on as long as 2 more years!

Guest Petina
Hi Petina

do you think they've reached their allocated number of visas for the year and they are getting everyone lined up for grant on 1st July?

Julie

Could be - see what Monday brings!! In the meantime - more de-cluttering and cleaning. Very annoying and frustrating this........

Guest geordie joe
Could be - see what Monday brings!! In the meantime - more de-cluttering and cleaning. Very annoying and frustrating this........

Not sure where else we would hand over this amount of money and receive this level of service and lack of communication.

Not sure where else we would hand over this amount of money and receive this level of service and lack of communication.

Hi Joe

You're quite right - it's quite absurd to allow ourselves to be treated this way.

Customer service is obviously not their priority.

Still we just have to hang on in there don't we?!

Thanks Steve, but it's not looking good, is it? When I first applied, I was really expecting to be there by about this time next year but that has gone right out of the window. It's so frustrating as I have a buyer lined up for my property already (no estate agent involved), he was perfectly happy to wait a year or so but I don't think that he would hang on as long as 2 more years!

Hi

We have to hope that your calculation of 36 months is wrong, 3 years wait would be torture!

In regards to your house sale, if it is that good an offer perhaps you may have to consider what a lot of us on here are either doing or hope to do, that is to sell in hope and then rent until grant?

However your buyer has to realise that the delay is way beyond your control.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Steve

I sent an email myself recently regarding the lack of an official notification in the post of the grant of a 143- somehow after coughing up 60k it eels a bit slapdash & actually a bit disrespectful to only send an email. do you think they cared? no....

but the worst aspect of the process is the delay of the grant once they've taken the huge 2nd VAC- mine was long enough to annoy me, but I'm pretty stunned that Petina's has been nearly 2 months & still waiting.. that is disgraceful- I wonder why it's happening?

I sent an email myself recently regarding the lack of an official notification in the post of the grant of a 143- somehow after coughing up 60k it eels a bit slapdash & actually a bit disrespectful to only send an email. do you think they cared? no....

but the worst aspect of the process is the delay of the grant once they've taken the huge 2nd VAC- mine was long enough to annoy me, but I'm pretty stunned that Petina's has been nearly 2 months & still waiting.. that is disgraceful- I wonder why it's happening?

Yes Freesia, it must be annoying for you all. They used to do things differently when I got my visa; you actually knew the name and email address of your very own case officer but I don't think they do that now. Its all very impersonal. Also, all those weeks waiting for the official nod must be eating into the time allowed for validation. Its not good enough!

Perhaps its time to start Tweeting..........I've always had a reply when I've complained via Twitter to other service providers.

Regards, Val

Guest Petina

Hi Freesia,

My mistake - sorry, sorry - I put May instead of June! Causing trouble before I get to Oz!!!! How long did you have to wait after paying the 2nd VAC? We were told that it would be just a couple of days. Maybe they have got their quota and we will be first in line on 1st July! I am being positive - will hear on Monday. LOL

Petina

You have a lovely positive attitude Petina, and so did I until the later stages when negotiating with them over a few particular issues got a bit frustrating (such as suddenly being expected to leave the country for a set number of days, which turned out to be totally unnecessary in the end as they granted the visa the minute I went through the exit gates at the airport - pretty standard apparently but they obviously weren't about to tell me that - I could have come straight back!

The wait after the 2nd VAC was less than 2 weeks (but still that money should be earning interest for us not them), but the AoS was made a full 4 months before grant That's the sort of administrative delay I don't understand.

I'm sure you'll get yours soon , well of course you will & the long wait will have been worth it. I don't think many people realise how stressful the wait for Parent Visas is because you hear so little for so long ;

Hi Freesia,

My mistake - sorry, sorry - I put May instead of June! Causing trouble before I get to Oz!!!! How long did you have to wait after paying the 2nd VAC? We were told that it would be just a couple of days. Maybe they have got their quota and we will be first in line on 1st July! I am being positive - will hear on Monday. LOL

Petina

Dear Petine!

Woww...my parents have just got their visa granted.

I hope you'll get your soon.

Anna