Guest guest36187

Guest Petina
Hi,

If they have applied for the 173 but have now decided to go for 143 they will have to begin the application all over again. They might as well stick to the original plan as it will end up costing more in the long run and take more time. That's assuming I've guessed which visa is already applied for correctly.

Let us know if its a different one.

Hope this helps,

Val

You should apply for a job with Immi Val! You are a mine of useful information and a great help to all. :)

Petina

You should apply for a job with Immi Val! You are a mine of useful information and a great help to all. :)

Petina

Thanks for that Petina but I only know this because we got the 173 first then the 143. We were very niaive in those days and our agent just did the 173 application without really explaining things to us properly. We asked IMMI if we could switch but they said we had to start again. Our agent then went AWOL for 6 months, no explanations or emails. We reported her to MARA and she is no longer a migration agent so we had to go it alone from there. I've been a member of PIO for almost 5 years and its been invaluable. We have also made some really lovely friends who are already living the dream in Oz and we meet up whenever we've been on holiday. The next trip will be on a one way ticket.......fingers crossed yesterdays viewers will make an offer!

Regards, Val

Guest Petina
Thanks for that Petina but I only know this because we got the 173 first then the 143. We were very niaive in those days and our agent just did the 173 application without really explaining things to us properly. We asked IMMI if we could switch but they said we had to start again. Our agent then went AWOL for 6 months, no explanations or emails. We reported her to MARA and she is no longer a migration agent so we had to go it alone from there. I've been a member of PIO for almost 5 years and its been invaluable. We have also made some really lovely friends who are already living the dream in Oz and we meet up whenever we've been on holiday. The next trip will be on a one way ticket.......fingers crossed yesterdays viewers will make an offer!

Regards, Val

Not a good start for you Val but you have picked up a lot of information along the way. I will have my fingers and toes crossed for you and hope you get an offer soon and join your friends in Oz. Where in Oz will you be going?

We also had a very positive viewing on Friday so we are hoping for an offer........

Petina

Not a good start for you Val but you have picked up a lot of information along the way. I will have my fingers and toes crossed for you and hope you get an offer soon and join your friends in Oz. Where in Oz will you be going?

We also had a very positive viewing on Friday so we are hoping for an offer........

Petina

Hi, we're going to the Brisbane Bayside area, where are you headed for? You should be getting your visa anytime now so I hope you get an offer soon.

Maisiedaisy and I are going to share a large bottle of something and laugh at all the stress this journey has caused us one day in the hopefully not too distant future! You're welcome to join us if you're ever in the area!

Cheers! hic!

• Like 1

Guest Petina
Hi, we're going to the Brisbane Bayside area, where are you headed for? You should be getting your visa anytime now so I hope you get an offer soon.

Maisiedaisy and I are going to share a large bottle of something and laugh at all the stress this journey has caused us one day in the hopefully not too distant future! You're welcome to join us if you're ever in the area!

Cheers! hic!

Hi,

Nice area - near Manly? Been there a few times. Our son lives in Brisbane, daughter in Helensvale so we will be staying with them initially, then hope to buy in Ballina (north NSW) which is only 2 hours south of Brisbane. Would love to join you and Maisiedaisy for a very large bottle of something - it's a date and look forward to it. First one there reserves the table!

xx

Hi,

Nice area - near Manly? Been there a few times. Our son lives in Brisbane, daughter in Helensvale so we will be staying with them initially, then hope to buy in Ballina (north NSW) which is only 2 hours south of Brisbane. Would love to join you and Maisiedaisy for a very large bottle of something - it's a date and look forward to it. First one there reserves the table!

xx

Woohoo!! Looking forward to that :wink: xxxx

• Like 1

Hi,

xx

my son lives on the Sunshine Coast so I'm (eventually) headed there.

Guest Petina
Certainly Steve! The more the merrier!

we will all be there eventually and will wonder what all the fuss was about! LOL

Hi fluffy

Do you mean that your parents have initially applied for a 173 and want to change it to a 143?

best wishes

maisie

Hi Maisiedaisy

yes that's correct, they have paid the application fee and have now been asked to make payment however they want to now just apply for the 143, they understand they will have to pay an application fee again however as they were not planning on moving here until they had paid for the 143 they are now concerned that should something happen to either of them they have paid all that money for nothing where as if they withdraw from the 173 and apply for the 143 they will move over as soon as the visa is granted.

I don't know what it was like for others but they are so undecided about which visa is the right one and should they pay all that money or just use it to visit every year.

If they withdraw does it have an affect on them applying for another visa?

thanks

Hi,

xx

hi Petina

I live close to your daughter, I'm in Labrador.

Hopefully getting my parents to move here as well

Hi,

If they have applied for the 173 but have now decided to go for 143 they will have to begin the application all over again. They might as well stick to the original plan as it will end up costing more in the long run and take more time. That's assuming I've guessed which visa is already applied for correctly.

Let us know if its a different one.

Hope this helps,

Val

Hi vava

yes they have applied for the 173 and now wanting to go for the 143, they know they will have to pay again for the application they were not planning on moving over until they got the 143 anyway so they timeframe of actually moving to Aus would only be extended by a month or two. I think they are no worried that if something happens to them or family in the 2 years of apply for 173 and getting 143 they have wasted their money.

It's just so much money to spend, if they have the 143 approved they will moved straight away.

Hi maisiedaisy,

My mum's lodgement date is around yours (30th April) and we've also got the acknowledgement letter asking us to do the medical, AOS and PCC after certain dates.

My main concern is with AOS. I lodged the AOS a week ago ( not knowing about the change of wait from 18 months to 22 months and thinking it would take them very long to get back to me!) and have been contacted by the Department of Human Services telling me that I will be sent a letter to lodge the bank guarantee in 14 days!

Looking at the dates ( today processing 28th of August 2013) does not seem our case will be finialised until Januray 2016.

What did you do ? Are you holding off AOS for now?

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Sadge

Apparently it's Melburnians, we're off to the Mornington Peninsular how about you?

Julie

Oh, I'd love to live down there, but my daughter lives in Kingsbury, which is about 14/15 km from the CBD, so I'll probably be somewhere close to her.

Hi vava

yes they have applied for the 173 and now wanting to go for the 143, they know they will have to pay again for the application they were not planning on moving over until they got the 143 anyway so they timeframe of actually moving to Aus would only be extended by a month or two. I think they are no worried that if something happens to them or family in the 2 years of apply for 173 and getting 143 they have wasted their money.

It's just so much money to spend, if they have the 143 approved they will moved straight away.

Hi Fluffy, I suppose its all down to preferences and circumstances. We got our173 in 2011 then we were granted a 143 in 2012 and we are still stuck here in the UK with an unsold house. Luckily for us the visa is ok till 2017. There not much difference in the cost of doing it via the 173 then 143 route but you do have further application charges.

Hope they make the right decision in the end

Regards, Val

Hi Maisiedaisy

yes that's correct, they have paid the application fee and have now been asked to make payment however they want to now just apply for the 143, they understand they will have to pay an application fee again however as they were not planning on moving here until they had paid for the 143 they are now concerned that should something happen to either of them they have paid all that money for nothing where as if they withdraw from the 173 and apply for the 143 they will move over as soon as the visa is granted.

I don't know what it was like for others but they are so undecided about which visa is the right one and should they pay all that money or just use it to visit every year.

thanks

Hi fluffy.

I'm in the UK at the moment. If your parents would like to discuss their visa strategy with me they can call me at the Go Matilda office in Southampton on 023 80 30 25 25 - I'm happy to have 10 minutes on the phone with them as a freebie.

Best regards.

Hi maisiedaisy,

My mum's lodgement date is around yours (30th April) and we've also got the acknowledgement letter asking us to do the medical, AOS and PCC after certain dates.

My main concern is with AOS. I lodged the AOS a week ago ( not knowing about the change of wait from 18 months to 22 months and thinking it would take them very long to get back to me!) and have been contacted by the Department of Human Services telling me that I will be sent a letter to lodge the bank guarantee in 14 days!

Looking at the dates ( today processing 28th of August 2013) does not seem our case will be finialised until Januray 2016.

What did you do ? Are you holding off AOS for now?

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Nassim

We are holding off from doing the AOS till a bit nearer the time because as I understand it, they will take the money as soon as you lodge it.

From watching how others on here are faring, at the moment it does look like it's running at 21 months which will as you say be around January for our assessments to begin. All of us sitting in the waiting room are hoping against hope that they manage to pull back on the dates and we don't have to wait that long but who can say! They did manage to catch up with the acknowledgements and so now maybe they'll tackle the backlog waiting for assessment.

Very best of luck to you

maisie

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by fluffy viewpost-right.png

Hi Maisiedaisy

thanks

Best regards.

Hi fluffy.

I'm in the UK at the moment. If your parents would like to discuss their visa strategy with me they can call me at the Go Matilda office in Southampton on 023 80 30 25 25 - I'm happy to have 10 minutes on the phone with them as a freebie.

Best regards.

Hi Fluffy

It's all a minefield isn't it and I know how hard it is to make the right decision .... so if it were me, I would take Alan Collett up on his offer and get some good advice - it worked for me anyway.

Lots of luck

maisie

Edited by maisiedaisy